[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Indiana Blvd. Apt. :: Dallas, TX :: ::
Duke University School of Law, Durham, NC May
Activities: Articles Editor, Journal of Law & Contemporary Problems; CoAuthor with Madeline Morris of book
chapter on history of habeas corpus; Intern, Legal Aid of North Carolina; Compliance Intern, Duke University Athletic Dept.; Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA May
M.A. in History, focus in Early Modern European Ideas and Culture
Thesis: "Reassessing George Buchanan&;s Radical Reputation"
University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE August
M.A. in History, focus in Early Modern European Culture
Thesis: ""Examples of Wise Social Planning?" Disagreements between Intellectual Movements and Ideas of Perfection in
Utopia and New Atlantis"
University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE May
B.A. in History, magna cum laude; Minors in Political Science and Art History
Activities and Honors: Phi Beta Kappa; fouryear starter on NCAA women&;s bowling team, winner of two
National Championships; Glenn Gray award for outstanding senior history undergraduate
Thesis: "Family Relationships and Feminine Potential in Early Modern England: Thomas More and Margaret Roper"
State Bar of Texas
* Admitted, November .
DLA Piper, Dallas, TX September present
* Counseled pro bono client regarding trademark infringement; drafted response to cease and desist letter.
* Counseled pro bono client in trademark registration matter where chosen name was not easily available.
* Drafted legal analysis for presentation on ediscovery, focusing on Federal Rule of Evidence .
* Drafted objections to subpoena of documents from third party in civil litigation.
* Analyzed state law regulation of health insurance advertising for state survey.
* Researched and drafted memorandum on motion to quash third party subpoena in whitecollar crime case.
* Researched discount rate calculation for lost profits damages in breach of contract case.
* Researched business laws in Republic of Congo for project on international special economic zones.
DLA Piper, Dallas, TX June July
* Researched and drafted memoranda on the judicial dissolution of a Delaware corporation, standard
of evidence for criminal antitrust cases in Sixth Circuit, remedies for spoliation in four states, and
hypothetical negotiations for patent damages.
* Handled client communications and drafted petition, affidavit, and waiver of service for pro bono client.
* Participated in witness preparation session and other preparations for mock trial of a criminal antitrust case.
Global Network for Public Interest Law, Budapest, Hungary May July
* Researched antidiscrimination case law in the U.S. for international database of antidiscrimination law.
* Researched and corresponded with European NGOs and umbrella associations to provide pro bono legal assistance.
Southern Families Magazine, Baton Rouge, LA July March
* Managed writers, assistants, and deadlines; assigned, wrote, and edited articles.
* Consulted on topics, story ideas, and writing matters to create focus for each issue.
* Maintained communication with over fifty writers.
Selfemployed, Baton Rouge, LA June August
Freelance Writer and Editor
* Wrote large portion of novel, Patron Saint of Lawyers.
* Located and completed other contract assignments, including press releases, advertisements, and articles.
Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA August May
Instructor of History
* Taught Western Civilization; wrote lectures, developed assignments, graded, and managed students.
French conversational, Spanish reading proficient; enjoy attending sporting events, cooking, traveling, and playing violin.