[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
North Lincoln Street, Wilmington, Delaware .. c
Versatile Attorney with proven success managing endtoend civil, criminal, family, business, entertainment, and intellectual property law cases through settlement or litigation. Skillfully conduct interviews and depositions, perform evidentiary analysis and discovery, draft pleadings, motions, and memoranda, and develop comprehensive case records. Talent for liaising among witnesses, experts, and opposing attorneys.
* Bestpractice Litigation Strategies
* Pretrial & Discovery Proceedings
* Legal Research & Evidentiary Analysis
* Motions, Pleas & Appeals Processes
* Case Organization / Investigation
* Client, Witness & Expert Management
* Interviews, Depositions & Trials
* Settlement Negotiation Techniques
Lehman Verduci / Lehman Pastino Attorneys at Law, West Chester, Pennsylvania
Attorney, / to /
Transitioned from contracted to firm attorney role following change in partnership, serving as first chair for family and business law clients and providing representation for criminal defense cases. Provide daily client communications and case status updates; liaise with opposing counsel to facilitate litigation processes and/or negotiate settlements. Produce documents, including legal briefs and motions. Handle criminal defense, including DUI / DWI, summary / misdemeanor, and parole hearings for inmates of statewide correctional facilities. Draft and negotiate business contracts and commercial transactions; develop and orchestrate civil litigation strategies. Welltravelled throughout the Pennsylvania court system.
* Selected to expand firm portfolio into new practice areas, including family law; represented clients in divorce, support, custody, and litigation cases.
* Achieved and sustained an aboveaverage rate of favorable / positive case outcomes for a wide range of cases and clients, as well as consistently high level of client satisfaction.
* Recently litigated arbitration for key business client, winning a favorable verdict.
The Woodruff Law Firm, PC, West Chester, Pennsylvania
Attorney, / to /
Represented clients in criminal defense as Lead Counsel for criminal defense and parole hearing procedures, as well as in civil matters as second chair counsel for products liability, negligence, and breach of contract cases. Managed communications with clients, opposing counsel, and courts. Served as House Counsel for property management and fireplace supply companies, providing legal advising and leading litigation efforts.
* Spearheaded criminal defense for search and seizure case with defendants, winning appeal from Pennsylvania Supreme Court and "not guilty" verdict for all defendants.
* Served as cocounsel on products liability case that settled for $K+.
* Won multiple litigation cases related to Consumer Protection / Unfair Trade Practice statutes.
DiAngelus & List, Media, Pennsylvania
Attorney, / to /
Managed endtoend criminal defense life cycle, from client interview through appeal, for license suspension matters, criminal, and DUI / DWI cases, consistently reducing license suspensions, reinstating revoked licenses, and avoiding jail time for clients.
* Argued on behalf of client before Pennsylvania Department of Transportation DOT, winning elimination of years of license suspension time.
* Championed expansion of firm hours to include evenings and weekends, substantially expanding business over %.
APS Wireless Communications, West Chester, Pennsylvania
InHouse Counsel & Store Manager, / to /
Advanced through progressively responsible leadership roles to assume principal responsibility for store operations; following bar exam, assumed concurrent role as inhouse counsel. Led staff of and held accountability for store P&L, directing all business development, marketing, and sales efforts. Developed and negotiated contracts and property leases, as well as managed A/R collections.
* Overhauled employee policies for state and federal compliance; revised and updated employee handbook.
* Represented company in A/R collections, routinely resulting in successful law suit and collection from clients or subcontractors ranging from $K to $K.
Keller, Lisgar & Williams, Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Law Clerk, / to /
Provided extensive firm support across legal research, client interviewing, legal filings, and hearing attendance.
Coauthored brief with partner to Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas in the area of search and seizure, pertaining to spousal exceptions.
Office of the Solicitor, Wilmington, Delaware
Law Clerk, / to /
Assisted legal support operations supporting the Office of the Mayor, performing indepth legal research through books, LexisNexis, and Westlaw. Drafted research briefs and memos. Attended City Council meetings.
Education And Credentials
Juris Doctor, | Widener University School Of Law Wilmington, Delaware
Moot Court Honor Society | Intensive Trial Advocacy Program ITAP | School of Law Alumni Association
Bachelor of Science in Political Science, | University Of Utah Salt Lake City, Utah
Student Government Student Senator, Behavioral & Social Science Department | Hinckley Institute of Politics President, Board Member, Moderator | University Newspaper Feature Writer | University Alumni Association & Hinckley Institute of Politics Alumni Association
Licensure & Court Admission: Licensed to Practice Law in the State of Pennsylvania,
Admitted to Practice before the US Court of Appeal for the Third Circuit, | Admitted to Practice before the United States Supreme Court,
CLE & Professional Development: Intellectual Property Law, | Family Law, | Sports & Entertainment Law, | Civil Litigation Update, | Ohlbaum on Evidence Advocacy, | Automobile Stops Criminal / Automobile Law, | Innocence & Forensics, | Automobile Law Update,
Bar Associations: Pennsylvania Bar Association, since | American Bar Association, to | Chester County Bar Association, to