[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Osama K N.
A well seasoned commercial and corporate lawyer with extensive experience over yearsover years in law firms and years as inhouse Counsel of which were in UAE in corporate practice, contracts preparation as well as litigation and ADR in cases mainly related to international business, commercial and construction conflicts and engineering services proudly having all previous employers and coworkers as references upon request.
I started my career at a starting firm then continued with my LLM in UK to return to work in one the biggest law firms in Jordan that handled highly esteemed clients locally and international where responsibilities included various types of agreements preparation litigation in various types of cases as well as providing full legal services to a great number of clients of all types. In the process, I prepared various types of legal documents, including; bills of claims, pleas and petitions before courts and arbitration panels.
As an inhouse, I served in three Groups, all included diversified types of companies, where I Provided full corporate legal advice as well as preparation of all types of agreements and following up on administration thereof and handling litigation and arbitration of such Groups whether directly or through liaising with external attorneys handling lawsuits from which there were mega cases.
I handled all legal affairs of the Groups which included diversified companies including, commercial, international business, industrial, real estate, construction, property development, oil and gas, intellectual property, insurance, hotel management as well as telecommunications services with Etisalat and du.
Part of my experience as an inhouse advisor, I worked in the public sector when I was brought as a member of the startup team of the Urban Planning Council where I worked all legal compliance related matters including Agreements, JV&;s, MOU&;s, etc. related to consultancy, construction and development practice areas. I was brought as a member of the startup team to be involved in the setup of all regulatory, corporate and legal matters as well as the promulgation of laws and regulations related to Development and real estate affairs whether with the UPC where I handled a number of mega projects.
On academic field, which I did on part time basis along with my career, I launched program, prepared text material, and taught Legal Terminology and Legal Writing in English at University and also prepared all course material and lectured in Legal Writing for lawyers through Jordanian Bar Association. I also prepared the material and lectured to governmental & nongovernmental institution on legal fields relevant to International Law Instruments I was also selected, after a two week intensive course and tests, to teach Common Law to First Year Students at Coventry UniversityUK.
Employers, Titles, timeline:
* MKN Group UAE A multipurpose, multinational companies group
* Legal Counsel: April to date
* Bin Jabr Group UAE A multipurpose, multinational companies group
* Group Legal Counsel: October April
* Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council Abu Dhabi UAE. Legal Counsel. November September
* ElConcorde Group. Amman Jordan. A multipurpose, multinational companies group. Legal Consultant : Dec November .
* United Nations High Commissioner on Refugees. Amman Jordan. Eligibility Assistant: November Dec
* Roetzel & Andress LPA. Akron Ohio U.S.A. Intern : June August
* AlZarqa Private University Jordan. Parttime Lecturer : Nov May
* Zaher Jardaneh & Associates AmmanJordan. Attorney : Oct Dec
* Ibrahim Abu Garbieh Law Office Jordan. Legal Trainee : Jan Aug
Doctorate in Construction Law. Distance Learning Research Based. Bircham International University USA. Sep. . Certificate is in attestation process.
* Masters in Commercial Law, University of Aberdeen. UK. July
B.A. in Law, University of Jordan. Jordan. Jan.
Jordanian National Exam, Omar Ibn Alkhatab School. Jordan. .
Scored among the top ten pupils from over , candidates.
Admitted before the courts of Jordan in January .
A member of the Jordanian Lawyers&; Bar Association since Oct. .
Obtained required training for private mediators by the ABA and the JMA.
* A member of a twolawyer team for editing an Article entitled "Jordan&;s Legislation Effort for Accession to WTO." The article was published in the Arab Regional Forum Newsletter by the International Bar Association IBA Journal in February .
* A member of a threelawyer team in preparing the "Unofficial Translation of Jordan Labor Law No. of ." It was published in Jordanian Ministry of Labor&;s AlAmal Magazine.
* A member of a twolawyer team for translating the "Jordanian Monopoly Prevention Draft Law" for the International Monetary Fund IMF.
* Authored an essay entitled "Termination of Commission Agency under Jordanian Law" for use by the Jordanian Bar Association
* Three month Internship at Roetzel & Andress LPA. Akron Ohio U.S.A June August Researched multiple issues related to private international and corporate law. Prepared, complaints and incorporation legal forms. Business cooperation with the firm also included marketing and utilizing the bilateral commercial treaties between H.K.J and U.S.A.
* Successfully completed an intensive course on Contracts in Dubai. May . Main focus on construction and FIDIC contracts
* Intensive twoweek Course on "Contracting contracts and disputes." Held at JCCU.
* "Intro. to FIDIC Contracts" a threeday course held by MWH in Amman.
* Intensive course on "International Sale of Goods" held at Amman Chamber of Commerce. June .
* Successfully completed a hour intensive course on private mediation in Feb. held by the ABA in Amman Jordan
* Successfully completed a hour intensive course on mediation skills in English July. held by Partners Jordan
* "Intro. to ISO " at El Concorde Construction Company ///.
* "Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming". Master Academy UK. /.