[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Address: Murvale Drive, Bucklands Beach, Auckland
Residency status: Permanent Resident of New Zealand.
Career objective: an internship position with your company where I can utilise my knowledge and skills developed from university and other relevant work experiences in making contributions to the organisation.
Personal Statement: I am a motivated, responsible and enthusiastic person who is very interested in the financial and banking industry as a whole. I view problems as sources of opportunities and will maximise my performance to achieve outstanding results.
University of Auckland
Penultimate year LLB/Bcom Economics & Marketing
NZQA Economics Scholar
Present YouthLaw volunteer: conducting legal research and client interviewing.
Present New Zealand Post Kiwibank Group: customer service representative.
The Warehouse Limited: Jewellery Counter Assistant/Checkout supervisor, I was also responsible for all finance applications.
Breast Cancer Foundation: volunteering in the street appeals in Auckland.
Ongoing Private tutoring for high school and First/Second year UoA students.
ACC: Market Research volunteer in the Chinese Lantern Festival.
Spice Garden: customer service.
Excellent computer and research skills
* Advanced skills with all Microsoft applications, especially with Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
* Fast learner in any computer software, systems and technical resources.
* Fast and accurate typer. Excellent data entry skills.
* Familiar with a large number of business databases and legal databases e.g. Brookers & LexisNexis.
* Currently participating in the Equal Justice Project Pro Bono, so my research skills will be advanced by the end of this year.
Excellent numerical, analytical and quantitative skills:
* Demonstrated by the outstanding grades achieved in all the economics papers I have taken at University of Auckland A+ for all papers taken except ECON [A].
* Exceptional well results in mathematics and statistics papers taken at University and College.
* Taking initiative in the MKTG project by building the financial model for the overall strategy alone.
* Experiences in collecting, entering, managing, analysing and interpreting large datasets.
Flexible, proactive and adaptive problem solving skills:
* I view problems as sources of opportunities and I enjoy providing creative and strategic solutions that will help a client in solving their problems.
* Able to react quickly when problems arise, capable of dealing with difficult customers at the Warehouse and New Zealand Post.
* Evidenced by participating the first year open case competition in Management Consulting Club.
* Using different teaching styles and materials in tutoring different students.
Innovation and creativity
* Finalist for SPCA Auckland Business Strategy competition MKTG.
* Completed a comprehensive Market Research Proposal and Plan for Unilever New Zealand MKTG.
* Entering the Spark k challenge in . Already developed and done research on my innovative business idea.
* Developing ideas for the MADE club. The whole purpose about the club is to take economics from the classroom and into the community.
Effective communication skills
* Evidenced by doing presentations for a number of my papers.
* The mooting experience last year required by LLB part II built up my confidence and ability to speak in a very professional manner.
* Fluent in English and Mandarin.
* Communicating with customers at Kiwibank to build a rapport with them.
* Assisting practitioners by undertaking activities generally performed by law clerks.
* Developed by effectively representing my classmates in ECON in and ECON in .
* Guiding first University students and holding meetings every week to solve their problems.
* Supervising checkout operators at the Warehouse and deal with difficult customers if they have encountered any.
* Tutoring senior students from high school and also first and second year students from University of Auckland.
Team working and collaboration skills
* Finalist in the MKTG SPCA competition by collaborating effectively with my other team members.
* Always show enthusiasm and being helpful to team members at the Warehouse.
* Being a participative member in the MADE club by showing initiative and developing ideas.
* Collaborating with team members in my Spark group and divide tasks according to our expertise.
Organisational skills and time management
* Punctual: never late for work or meeting deadlines for assessments.
* Excellent ability to work under pressure in order to be meet deadlines.
* Strong administration and coordination skills demonstrated by being an Uniguide in .
EXTRA COCURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
MADE Club Committee . The purpose of the club is to bring economics outside classroom and into the local community in Auckland.
Spark . A voluntary studentled organisation established in to help foster an entrepreneurial culture at the University of Auckland
University of Auckland WAVE: Class representation for ECON in and ECON in .
Equal Justice Project Pro Bono projects.
Kensington Swan Mentoring Programme mentor.
University of Auckland Uniguide .
Management Consulting Club First Year Open case competition , open case competition in .
Macleans college : House Prefect, Asian Club leader, Lion Dance Club senior committee and trainer, School Choir, House Choir, House Honkey.
Student member of Arbitrators&; and Mediators&; Institute of New Zealand Inc.
Fundraising for World Vision
Leisure interests singing, drawing, and reading.
Macleans College first in AS Economics and Mathematics , first equal in A level Business Studies .
NZQA Economic Scholar .
Studylink Step Up Scholarship Recipient .
HOD of economics department at University of Auckland writing me a personal letter asking me to continue studying economics with UoA.
Achieved A&;s UCAS = in Cambridge International Examinations maximum you can achieve in New Zealand.
Soloist for School Choir in .
* Professor Bryce Hool
Professor/Director of Undergraduate Studies
Phone: + Ext. .
* Jay Kumular
Manager, Postshop Kiwibank Onehunga Branch