[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Hope B., Certified Paralegal
April MI SWACO, Houston, TX
Present Contract through Quest Personnel, Houston, TX
Legal Compliance Coordinator
* Paralegal support for Compliance Director and regional attorneys located worldwide.
* Evaluate compliance requirements for current Agents and assess when due diligence renewal is required.
* Enforce online training requirements among MI SWACO staff of all levels.
* Gather and maintain database of live training events.
* Assist in gathering and producing information for administrative Federal Government requests.
* Monitor progress of Compliance initiatives
September Weatherford International, Houston, TX
December Paralegal, Ethics and Compliance
* Provided paralegal support for the Ethics and Compliance counsel located worldwide.
* Ensured compliance with Department of Justice standards for FCPA for all employees and intermediaries doing business on behalf of Weatherford International.
* Maintained database of employees in compliance with mandatory annual compliance training.
* Communicated with intermediary businesses annually to ensure certification of compliance has been achieved.
* Prepared quarterly summary reports for hospitalities given to covered persons as defined by the Department of Justice.
February Law Offices of Catherine C. Scheid, Houston, TX
* Provided probate and estate planning support for one partner and one associate attorney.
* Billed time at $. per hour for paralegal work performed, including research.
* Drafted various probate and estate planning documents to be filed with the courts.
* Provided correspondence to clients, attorneys, and beneficiaries while maintaining confidence.
September BAKER BOTTS, LLP, Houston, TX
January Legal Secretary, Floater
* Provided support for more than attorneys at multiple desk assignments in various areas of law, including Corporate, Environmental, Intellectual Property, Tax, Probate, Trial, Labor Law, and Real Estate.
* Drafted and transcribed various documents, including correspondence and memoranda.
* Assisted with the preparation and filing of legal documents.
* Tracked billable hours using Carpe Diem application.
* Assisted Labor Law attorney in gathering exhibits in preparation for arbitration hearing.
November DINKINS KELLY LENOX LAMB & WALKER, L.L.P., Houston, TX
September Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant
* Provided probate and estate planning support for six attorneys.
* Billed time at $. per hour for paralegal work performed.
* Assisted in the preparation of legal instruments and filed instruments in the proper Probate Courts.
* Managed new client database, bank deposits, mail, and other administrative tasks.
* Coordinated file retention, including offsite storage.
* Internal IT Coordinator.
March WATSON ROSSICK, PC, Houston, TX
September Legal Assistant
* Provided insurance defense litigation support for up to eight attorneys in Houston and Austin offices.
* Coordinated scheduling of depositions with all parties, including court reporters, and translators; mediations, site inspections, and servicing of citations.
* Prepared, reviewed, and summarized various discovery documents, pleadings, and motions for filing in appropriate county.
* Performed research on cases via the Internet using Verdict Search, Westlaw, PublicData.com, and various other search engines.
February OUTSOURCE PARTNERS INTERNATIONAL, INC., Houston, TX
March Formerly KPMG, LLP, Houston, TX
Senior Administrative Assistant
* Supervised employees.
* Revised and maintained employee informational database including chargeable hours for over staff and over charge codes.
* Processed all computer inventory and telephone issues including purchasing, repairs, transfers, and moves.
* Directed the Continuing Professional Education training program to ensure CPA maintenance and professional development.
* Assisted in integration of international training team including travel arrangements, orientation, systems support, and employment issues.
* Houston office Human Resources Director. Processed new employees, terminations, payroll, and medical and retirement benefit changes.
EDUCATION CENTER FOR ADVANCED LEGAL STUDIES, Houston, TX
Associate of Applied Science in Paralegal Studies with Honors and LEX Honors,
August GPA: .; ABA approved curriculum
SOUTHWESTERN PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTE, Houston, TX
Paralegal Certificate with Honors, November GPA: .
* Certified Paralegal NALA since January .
* Notary Public since .
* Proficient in MS Windows /NT//XP/, MS Office //XP/ Word, Excel, PowerPoint, familiar with MS Windows Vista, and Mac, MS Publisher, iManage with MailSite, Corel WordPerfect, Juris, GroupWise, Westlaw, QuickBooks, and Internet, PC and Mac experience.
* Type + WPM.
* National Association of Legal Assistants, Member Current
* Paralegal Division of the State Bar of Texas, Member
* Houston Metropolitan Paralegal Association, Member
formerly Houston Legal Assistants Association
* Houston Paralegal Association, Member