[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Amir E., P. Eng.
IT management professional with local and international experience. Held multifaceted responsibility in
the areas of planning, engineering , business excellence, enterprise systems & application delivery,
operation & systems’ support, projects’ , service levels’ and tenders’ management, IT Transformation and
Business Process ReEngineering. Ability to direct and lead large teams from different domains.
Recognized or exceeding customers’ satisfaction, and improving business agility. Maintain good
competencies in IT governance “Organizing for Results”, “Customer Service Orientations” and leadership
skills. During my tenure I served as a customer and a service provider. Hold professional engineering
designation P.Eng from Canada.
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company ADNOC Abu Dhabi – UAE —Present
Special Assignment Sept. – Present
Given an assignment to establish a new division named “Planning and Performance Division’ with a
mission to develop and support the planning and service delivery functions of the Shared Services
Directorate six divisions including IT in an increasingly efficient and effective manner
A / Information Systems and Technology Division Manager May August.
Planned, directed, coordinated and controlled the efficient and effective use of company’s Information
assets. Directed the provision of a flexible and responsive IT environment to enhance all business users’
ability to achieve Company’s vision, and goals, included directing and approving the development and
implementation of IT governance, strategic objectives, policies and procedures. Advised senior
management on IT decisions. Managed & supervised over direct hire employees and contractors.
During this tenure the following have been successfully implemented under my direct supervision:
• Many major information Systems and enterprise Applications were internally developed and
successfully rolled out to production such as Cash & Banking Management System, CMS,
EDMS, E&P DMS, Insurance & Risk Management Systems, Security Pass Applications, etc.
• Establishment of PMO within IS&T Division.
• Creation of Service Catalog based on ITIL
• Many capabilities of the IT infrastructure have been raised to higher levels as per MS IT
infrastructure optimization model.
• Promoted the concept of intelligent building design.
• Emiratization rate has been raised to %.
Head of Information Technology Department
Directed the ICT infrastructures planned projects and operational activities, ensuring provision and
delivery of cost effective computing services to clients and business units. Provides guidelines for
Systems’ & Users’ Support, Database Management, IT Security, Access Control, Internet & Network
Services, Email Services, Networking and Telecommunications designs. Managed and redesigned the
company Data Center Bladebased data center and its resources. Applied the consolidation and
virtualization concept on most of the platforms. Supervised the upgrades & migration projects in Windows,
Active Directory, Exchange, SAN, Tape Library, HPC, LANs, WANs, Voice, Wireless, and utilities’ tools.
Provided support to High Performance Computing and GeoScience Environment. Liaised with
Information Systems department on the implementation of applications rollouts. Supervised the
establishment of SLAs with the vendors and service providers. Lead technical evaluation teams to select
the appropriate service, product or solution for acquisitions. Supervised budget preparations. Implemented
few ITIL processes and restructured the helpdesk. Prepared plan for a disaster recovery site. Provided
consultancy services such as IT infrastructure designs for our Civil Projects. Managed and supervised
direct hired staff and contractors. Led and supervised the development of UAE Nationals and associated
Head of Network & Telecommunication Section
• Led, projects and tasks of Telecoms and Data Networks such as LANs WANs MANs, Wireless and
radio including the Internet infrastructure, Access Control, CCTV, BMS and other Unified
Communication solutions across the company’s sites.
• Supervised the implementation of two major Wide Area Network projects ATM and MPLS for
ADNOC and its Group Companies
• Supervised the implementation projects of TDM and IP Telephony for ADNOC & its Group
• Supervised the implementation of converged infrastructures and transmission networks.
• Supervised the deployment of several radio & wireless networks all over the company sites.
• Studied the feasibility of implementing Digital Trunking Radio System TETRA for all ADNOC
• Supervised the technical evaluations & selection of network services solutions; Anti Spam, SSL VPN,
FWs, IDSs/ IPs, Proxy, Caching Engines, Bandwidth management, NWM, Web Filtering, UTM,
Video /Audio conferencing, telephony, radio equipment, etc...
Senior Telecommunication Engineer
• Assisted ADNOC units in defining their telecommunications services requirements for short and long
term use. Provided consultancy to our Major Civil Project Division on the conceptual and architectural
designs for voice & data networks and active devices including standards.
• Reengineered the corporate voice network of satellites nodes , ports
• Provide design & engineering expertise for the deployment of Radio Systems.
• Deployed systems and solutions associated with crisis management center.
• Liaised with the Telco operator on the provision of transmission, carriers, and associated equipment.
• Designed the outside plant cabling infrastructures.
Norstan – Siemens Canada, Toronto Canada
• Led and managed several telecommunication projects that included Switching, Call Processing, and
Video Conferencing, Interactive Voice Response IVR, Call Centers and Computer Telephony
Integration CTI applications.
• Conducted project risk assessments and developed risks mitigation plans.
• Determined skills sets, scheduled resources assembled teams, executed project, supervised the
installation & commissioning, prepared acceptance certificate, prepared documentation and handed
over to service department, closed projects using electronic tools. Coordinate postimplementation
• Assisted the sales and engineering departments in application discovery and meeting the customers to
lay expectation up front.
• Participated in the development of a business process Compass in coordination with all selected
resources across the company’s branches in Canada & USA.
System Support Engineer
• Designed enterprise voice/data networks and monitored network traffic.
• Call center designs and support for CTI applications
• Provided presale technical support for marketing across Canada. Analyzed customer
requirements, present solutions included Siemens voice, data and wireless products and third party
• Managed IBM Canada private networks & its applications support.
• Installed, commissioned and managed Rolm /Siemens PBXs and Voice mail systems in large field
ITP Cortelco Canada
Technical Support Specialist
• Provided technical support for installation, maintenance and service of Cortelco ITT & AT&T switching
systems, voice mail, and ACD / LCR applications.
• Participated in the troubleshooting of complex faults in the PABXs & Call Processing system
• Designed call flow for Auto Attendant applications.
• Coordinated with Bell Canada on the installations of Ts on our customers’ PABXs.
• Delivered technical training and train the trainer on how to use the system.
• Escalated complex problem to Cortelco support engineers.
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company ADNOC Abu Dhabi —
Switching & Outside Plant Engineer
• Participated in the planning and upgrade of Company ADNOC and its Affiliates Integrated
Telecommunication Network including the acquisition and commissioning of NEC NEAX PABXs
with SS signaling.
• Participated in the replacement of the microwave with digital carriers and managed the
interfaces and links with the telecom oper