Statements for Colombo Stock Exchange requirements.
• Incharge of preparation of monthly and quarterly performance review reports and
presentation for the Board of Directors.
• Incharge of preparation of annual and monthly budgets including cash and operational
budgets, and forecast.
• Incharge of preparation of cash flow plans, forecasts and managing working capital.
• Overall supervision of supplier and employee related payments, import related payments,
credit controlling functions, product costing, pricing and invoicing, purchasing and
inventory controlling function and information system development areas.
• Liaising with banks, insurance companies, leasing, and other financial institutions to obtain
facilities with better interest rates, investing excess funds in profitable financial instruments
and negotiations with suppliers to obtain better prices.
• Incharge of preparation of income tax, VAT, ESC, NBT, PAYE, WHT and liaising with
Department of Inland Revenue.
• Incharge of conducting internal audits in the company and ensuring the adherence with
internal control systems and procedures and implement changes as and when required.
• Sharing knowledge with the CEO and other senior managers when preparing strategic
plans, forecasts, predictions, analysis and various evaluations.
• Responsible for planning and handling interim and annual statutory audits, payment of
interim and final dividend payments in accordance with Companies act and Colombo Stock
Exchange listing rules.
• Management and supervision of accounting staff.
As an Internal Audit Trainee
• Prepared process charts in all areas of the Company, internal audit manuals and audit programs
for branch audits, divisional audits etc.
• Assessed the adequacy of accounting and internal control systems and introduced new
• Prepared management reports with internal audit recommendations and discussed matters with
the higher management.
• Supervised all branch audits and dealer audits and conducted internal audits in other
Companies of David Pieris Group.
A. External Audits
• Carried out statutory and nonstatutory audits in a wide spectrum of organizations including
manufacturing, construction, hotels, and companies engaged in foreign trade, retailers and
wholesalers, garment manufacturers, and nongovernment organizations.
• Prepared audit plans and detailed audit programs after analyzing organizations and their
internal and external environments.