Resume for Salam J. for Engineer / Manufacturing in khalda, Jordan
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Salam M. J.
Birth Date: July
Address: Khalda – Amman
Arabian Steel Pipes Manufacturing Co. LTD – Amman, Jordan
Mechanical Engineer, July – present time
About the company: Arabian Steel Pipes Mfg. Co. is one of the oldest pan Arab bodies
successfully in operation since 's. It is specialized in manufacturing Black and galvanized
steel pipes, tubes, coated pipes, column pipes, tubular and lattice low and medium tension
electric poles, high‐density polyethylene pipes for water potable, overhead lines & high
voltage and communication towers.
• Design Department, December – Present time:
o Recognized the concepts of overhead transmission lines and Towers
o Utilizing PLS‐CADD and TOWER software to simulate projects
o Generating shop drawings for towers manufacturing using Auto CAD, TOW‐
Master and TOW‐Nesting Special softwares for towers production.
o Preparing the bill of materials for projects
o Applying the principles of Reversed Engineering and extracting the required
data and creating drawings
o Managed to modify the towers design, In order to enhance the raw material
usage and reduce the scrape percentages.
• Internal Project: Assisted in planning and studying of new Galvanizing Plant for
Arabian Steel Pipes Mfg. Co.:
o Drafted D and D drawings for the new plant
o Collaborated in selecting the optimum layout and arrangement of the
Galvanizing Line components for best area utilization
o Developed D drawings for steel and polypropylene structures used in
o Determined the bill of materials for steel and polypropylene
o Researched for devices to be used in the project
• Production Department, July – December :
o Participated in installing "Angles Punching, Marking and Cutting CNC
o Supervised the CNC machine operation
o Prepared production orders and delivery reports
• Attended a training session in the use of Power Line Systems transmission line design
software PLS‐CADD and TOWER during the period of December to , in
Amman ‐ Jordan
• th May, – th June, ‐ A trainee at ‘Metal Solutions Industries Company’
in UAE‐Dubai a specialized company in metal sheets working using CNC Machines.
• June – August ‐ a trainee at ‘Philadelphia Solar Company’; one of the first
manufacturers of photovoltaic modules in the Middle East ‐ as part of the graduation
prerequisites. Beside the PV modules manufacturing ‘Philadelphia Solar Company’
works on solar thermal systems.
• September – January . The Hashemite University ‐ Faculty of Engineering.
B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering, with an average of . out of . ‐ rating
• Graduation project ‘Optimization and experiments on solar collector’ Worked on a flat
absorber based solar collector. The project extended over two semesters. The project
included learning the theoretical side of solar devices, then designing the flat absorber
and selected its material.
The project used the principle of greenhouse effect. The device’s performance was
tested by carrying some experiments.
• October ‐ Building Energy Efficiency Simulation at ‘Al‐Zaytoonah University’ in
cooperation with the ‘US‐Department of Energy’ and the ‘National Fenestration
Rating Council NFRC’
• February ‐ iBT TOEFL course at the AMIDEAST, Amman, Jordan
• December ‐ Preparing for the GRE examination at the AMIDEAST, Amman,
• Auto CAD D/D, PLS‐CADD and TOWER, TOW‐Master, TOW‐Nesting,
Pro ENGINEER, JETCAM and Design Builder
• Windows Applications such as MS Office Word, Excel, FrontPage, PowerPoint and
• Team player with high communication, interpersonal skills, negotiation and
Arabic: Mother tongue
Member in the 'Jordanian Engineers Association'
Available upon request
Last updated: February
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!