[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
OBJECTIVE: Motivated, resultsdriven EH&S manager with extensive experience across multiple industries including construction, manufacturing and waste management. Proven program implementer, and highly experienced Registered Environmental Manager and Certified Environmental Auditor, with extensive knowledge and skills of compliance for Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
January Present KYDEX, LLC, Bloomsburg, PA
Manufacturing Specialty Plastic Sheets
Corporate Environmental Safety & Health Manager
Wholly responsible for development, implementation and assessing all aspects of environmental health and safety training and compliance, purchasing, inventory, budgeting, environmental sanitation and waste management.
* Developed complete EH&S program along with implementation outline.
* Reduced injuries by % year to date compared to .
* Implemented accountability program
* Reduced spending on PPE by % +
* Reduced workers compensation costs by % year to date
March January Johns Manville, Hazleton, PA
Manufacturing Industrial Insulation Sheets
Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Wholly responsible for daytoday operations of environmental health and safety compliance, purchasing, inventory, budgeting, environmental sanitation, waste management, recycling program and DOT regulatory compliance.
* Regulatory Manager for eight over the road DOT truck and trailers
* Directed efforts to increase DOT rating to satisfactory.
* Received Presidential Safety Award for working , hours without a LTA
* Received Directors Safety Awards for working , hours without a LTA
* Negotiated cost reductions with major vendors
* Completed K sedimentation and storm water project
* Accomplished year no lost time accidents
* Completed federal EPA Risk Management Program Audit
* Manage one hourly environmental sanitation employee
* Implemented all required training programs
February March ASCENDIA BRANDS CO., INC. Binghamton, NY
Manufacturing Health & Beauty Aid Products
Health, Safety, Environmental & Facility Manager
Wholly responsible for daytoday operations of environmental health and safety compliance, facility care, including staff supervision, purchasing, inventory, budgeting and building/warehouse maintenance, environmental sanitation, waste management and recycling program and product regulatory compliance.
* Managed staff of ten hourly environmental sanitation union employees
* Solved multiyear oil exceedance with local POTW
* As a result, save company two million dollars initial cost and an additional $, annually
* Negotiated favorable terms with vendors that significantly improved buying power and lowered costs by up to %. Efforts resulted in major discounts with suppliers, expanded payment terms and freight savings.
* Broke previous three year record of days with no lost time accidents.
* Conduct accident investigations along with job hazard analysis.
* Initiated product recovery and cost savings
August August WASTE MANAGEMENT Dunmore, PA
Construction / Waste Management
Eastern Pennsylvania Market Service Area Environmental Protection Manager
Responsible all aspects environmental compliance, including interaction with federal, state and local governments along with internal and external legal departments, facility care, purchasing, budgeting, environmental sanitation, waste management and recycling program. Facility auditing and gas collection system auditing and compliance.
* Developed good long term relationships with the state agencies.
* Direct and oversee operations for two landfills, seven hauling companies, four transfer stations and a recycling center.
* Evaluate Capital Budget requests assuring environmental compliance
* Utilize Pollution Prevention concepts minimizing environmental impacts
* Ensured compliance with MSHA regulations during surface mining activities
* Closed outdated facilities providing an annual cost savings
* Changed / updated facility permits to reflect current operating procedures and more favorable permit conditions.
* Managed staff of nine hourly environmental sanitation employees for nine different facilities.
October August POLY HI SOLIDUR INC. / A Menasha Subsidiary Scranton PA
Manufacturing Industrial Plastic Sheet
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Respond promptly to employee complaints, conducting industrial hygiene evaluations, maintaining industrial hygiene assessment records, and communicating industrial hygiene concerns to management and corporate environmental staff.
* Developed all written programs for Environmental Health & Safety compliance.
* Achieved first One Year No Lost Time Accidents.
* Completed application for certification from PADOL for Safety committee
* Directed Phase I, and Phase II audits of two facilities and Asbestos removal for numerous plants.
* Directed facility closure under ACT II Land Recycling Act and received Statewide Health Standard.
* Upgraded facilities Environmental Assessment of sufficient rating to Proactive Rating with Corporate Environmental Department highest rating possible.
* Developed Pollution Preparedness & Contingency Plan PPC / Spill Prevention Control & Contingency Plan SPCC for two facilities.
Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety
University of Maryland
Environmental Management In progress
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS:
* Registered Environmental Manager National Registry of Environmental Professionals
* Certified Environmental Auditor National Registry of Environmental Professionals
* Member of Pennsylvania Association of Environmental Professionals
* DOT Hazardous Material Management
* Hour AHERA Supervisory Asbestos Training
* Hour Supervisory Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response
* Effective Leadership
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST