[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
First and last name Pal K.
Address Jl. Nangka Barat
Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
Birthdate and place , Amsterdam
Civil status Married, two children
Dutch mother tongue
Energetic, open and enthusiastic; I do inspire and coach people to realize results and to create future. Innovative environments with complex challenges do justify me greatly. With a broad international background and an eye for details, I quickly determine the required direction and achieve results. In return looking for a motivated team and business links to cooperate with.
* General management, marketing and sales
* Financial management
* Earned value management
* Project/Program management
* Change management
* Risk management
* Quality management
* Business development
* Coaching and training
* System development life cycle
CFO/COO furniture manufacturing in Indonesia
Goal: To set up finance and IT department.
Results: Developed and implemented financial and administrative procedures, activity based costing, cost price calculation, management information, customer relationship management, human resource management, production optimization and quality control. In house ERP system development and implementation for finance and production. Business development with respect to new design concepts, one of these items did win the first price on the Singapore Furniture Exhibition.
Interim Director Investment and trading house in Jakarta
Goal: To reorganize the company and making it profitable again.
Results: Developed and implemented new products and marketing strategies as well as training and coaching sales staff in achieving the company goals that made the company profitable again.
Trainer and coach SLIGRO Food Group N.V. in The Netherlands
Goal: Project management training for IT department.
Results: Developed and provided a goal directed project management training and reporting templates including Product Break Down Structure, Change Request Structure, Work Break Down Structure, Responsibility Chart, Risk Analysis, Planning PERT and Earned Value Management. This did result in a significantly improved project performance, communication and interaction between IT, stakeholders and customers.
Project Manager and business consultant Laurus NV Netherlands
Goal: Reorganization of the front and back office and centralization of the different service centres member of the reorganization team for the Finance division Netherlands reporting directly to the Board of Directors.
* optimization and integration of the different financial departments as well as the human resource department to start operating as a shared service centre;
* implementation of the new procedures en working instructions;
* development of four year rolling forecast, using Excel, as key issue of the financial management statements;
* playing a key role in two due diligence investigations;
* initiate and manage the ITprojects with respect to restructuring the financial systems, such as SAP FICO, SAP HR, VAT scanning and group consolidation;
* reduced finance staff with employees.
* successfully secured a million EURO bank loan delivering the new budget model;
* convinced KPMG to sign the year end statement by delivering and cleaning up the missing audit issues.
Interim manager Facent Centre for work Dutch government
Goal: Professionalize the sales department and the customer help desk.
* Developed and implemented the sales strategy plan
* Set up and implementation ITIL Service Centre including service level agreements
* Established customer relationship management
Program manager Cadans social securities Dutch government
Goal: Reorganization of Cadans its national office network, which had to be reduced from offices to offices, closing down existing offices, building and opening new offices.
* Rescued several failed projects.
* Restructure and performance improvement of the ITIL Service Centre.
* Implementation of the new ICT infrastructure telecom/WAN/LAN.
* Changes in the IBM mainframe software.
* Establishing the new customer service desk.
* Roll out of new desktop software.
Project Manager Delta Lloyd
Goal: To put back Delta Lloyd into the competition within six months in offering insurance package deals market for Dutch companies after two failed attempts from the IT department.
Results: Set up a project plan in cooperation with the sales and marketing department to develop a system and established full authority and green light from the Board of Directors. Successfully executed the project plan and had the system operational within budget and on time. The success has been proudly published in the Delta Lloyd&;s magazine.
Interim IT and Finance manager Asian Seagames KONI Jakarta
Goal: To administrate daily finance transactions, monitor actual versus budget performance.
* Development and implementation of a budget and cost accounting system;
* Setup the administrative and accounting procedures;
* Set up Earned Value Management;
* Weekly reporting financial statements to the chairman;
* Assisted KPMG in the final audit.
Interim Director Real Estate Company Jakarta
Goal: To increase profitability with %.
Results: Reduced unnecessary costs by setting up budget, increased efficiency, increasing sales results by implementing a marketing and sales plan and training and coaching sales staff to achieve the new company targets.
Principal Consultant Finance Division Logica bv
* Dutch Ministry of Justice in Den Haag, the assignment was to investigate and optimise their communications network LAN and WAN consisting of approximately . workstations.
Key issue was an investigation with respect to communication problems in the UNIX based image system Olivetti hardware and software. The images were stored and captured on optical discs and could be retrieved on UNIX workstations. The main target was to find out whether the communication problem was caused by the Olivetti hardware and software by the network.
The investigation concluded that Olivetti was using a protocol that was not reliable for WAN communications at that time and it has been agreed on with Olivetti to change to TCP/IP on their behalf. In the TCP/IP situation WANcommunication the problems did not occur anymore and the transmitting of images over the WAN was proven to be reliable.
* As business consultant performing feasibility study for Shell Pension Fund. The feasibility study did outline the organization structure, the daily activities of each department and their information requirements, a package search and selection. For the selection a team was set up represented by the departments trading, risk management, settlements and accounting.
* Established the first sales of Teknetron, nowadays Tibco, in the Netherlands to VSB, one of the mayor saving banks.
* Did win the project in Indonesia, being one of the leading local banks in Indonesia. This was at that time the largest consultancy deal of Logica in the Netherlands. After that as interim IT manager for the same bank; the assignment did last for months doing:
* management consultancy and strategic planning;
* operational management IT department and project services;
* training and coaching
* implemented new technologies.
One of the key projects was to develop and implement a branch automation system for the bank its branch network throughout Indonesia being the first banking system build on PC networks.
Consultant Financial Markets Syntel bv Software house
* Development and implementation of a Trust Administration Application for one of the major international trust companies:
After successful implementation in Amsterdam, the system has been installed within the same company on their premises in Curacao and Sint Maarten. This job was finished in .
* Developed and implemented a Securities and Options Trading System for a broker&;s house in Amsterdam. This was the first system on the market that had direct data communication lines with the Amsterdam Stock Exchange and the European Options Exchange for realtime prices and has been the best sold system in the Netherlands in this market.
Nowadays the system is called Europort + and is still one of the bestselling applications in the Dutch market.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam Information Management and Economics
FX and Money Market
Project management Logica:
Commitments and change request management
Planning, milestones and deliveries
Coaching and project reporting
Quality control according ISO standards
The complete project manager Coach & Commitment
Experience IT environments:
Methods and techniques SDM, Method/, Jackson, Prince II, PMBOK
Project Based Management Professor J. Rodney Turner PWC,
Balance Score Card
Earned value management
Case Tools Powerhouse, ORACLE
Operating Systems MPE V HP series, VMS, IBM AS , Windows Server ,
Netware ., MSDOS, Windows /XP//, Windows NT
Programming languages Cobol, RPG, ANSI C, Business basic, Dbase, Clipper,Visual FoxPro,
Visual basic, Excel
Application packages Syntel Securities en options system,
TradeMaster, Tibco, SAP FICO and SAP Retail, Reuters
PCpackages WP ., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access,.
Planning packages Microsoft Project, Artemis
Databases IMAGE HP series, ORACLE, Sybase, Dbase, Access, SQL server
Golf, Reading, Art and design, Music and Theatre
* Marcel Borkent: Independent Medical Practice Professional
Pal did work ad interim for me and is an outstanding professional when it comes to project management; he is target directed and drives for results, an expert in IT and has a keen eye for business opportunities.
Within Cadans Pal did takeover several failed IT projects and succeeded in finalizing these projects successfully on time. He demonstrates personal capabilities establishing trust and mutual respect when dealing with others, confident and poised in interactions with individuals at all levels.
He is especially capable of communicating ITissues with nonworkers as me. Viceversa he has shown an Excellency in translating business problems into ITsolutions
* Leo Verhoeven: Managing Director and CFO at Patrizzi & Co Auctioneers S.A.
Pal performed an excellent job in an international environment, develop and implement applications for several offices. He is sociable and easy going with colleages and clients. He has always scrupuously respected the agreed deadlines.
* Erik van Kessel: CFO at Aegide
Pal performed a great job at Laurus managing IT related projects in a very difficult business environment under high pressure.
* Bas Wijman: Process Consultant at De Lage Landen
Pal did a great job working as a project manager for PromtPro. His knowledge and skills not only were benefitial for our customer, but also helped the project management team at PromtPro professionalize further. I enjoyed working with Pal very much and recommend him to other companies.
* Noreen O&;Hare: Director Europe at Cable & Wireless
I worked in the Finance division with Pal during the early &;s. Pal was incredibly knowledgeable about retail banking and we had the pleasure of working together on a project in Jakarta to advise a leading Indonesian bank on the introduction of a number of automated systems.
* Gilbert Prieur: Independent HR Professional and Morphopsychologist
Pal is an entrepreneur who knows what risk means, thinks first before acting and does look forward. His thoughts are well organized and Pal keeps the line he wants to follow. His observation is keen and Pal can scrutinize small things as he is able to visualize a whole project or organization in one circular glance and/or thought. Pal looks forward but does not forget the present and it is evident that Pal can start a project from the beginning and follow to the end and beyond. Pal keeps his goals and aim in sight and tries every solution to reach it. Pal is flexible and can easily adopt new ideas that were not his if Pal feels it is necessary to reach his goals.