/ present The W.E. Bassett Company Shelton, CT
Director, Human Resources
Report to the president of privately held manufacturing company whose product is the TRIM line of personal care
products. Solely responsible for all human resources functions for exempt/nonexempt and hourly U.S.
employees and employees in our China facility. Responsibilities include:
• Recommend quality employee benefit programs and services consistent with industry practices and
company objectives. Responsible for benefits administration, open enrollment and k administration,
std/ltd administration, COBRA, FMLA, health reimbursement arrangement and regulatory reporting.
Working with our actuary and attorney, froze and terminated defined benefit plan. Continually improve
benefits package, i.e., offering safe harbor plan, Roth k
• Maintain an effective recruiting program to attract qualified applicants, both hourly and salary. Maintain
appropriate temporary staffing approx. employees. Designed recruiting program using the SOAR
Substantial goals, Obstacles, Actions, Results methodology.
• Establish and maintain pay structures and policies for performance evaluation/management of salary
reviews. Evaluate positions, maintain job descriptions & review for FLSA compliance & recommend pay
• Maintain good company employee relations through counseling, progressive discipline and providing
necessary services. Investigate employee complaints and take necessary action to resolve problems
that may develop. Coordinated domestic violence program; keep hr policies and procedures updated.
Coordinate training which has included supervisor, harassment, safety, etc. Responsible for United Way
Campaign, BowltoBenefit the Umbrella.
• Represent organization at personnel related hearings and investigations regarding workman’s
compensation and unemployment. Responsible for workman’s compensation administration.
Responsible for maintaining OSHA log. Member of the safety committee.
• Work with attorney to prepare the affirmative action plan.
• Inhouse expert on laws and regulations in U.S. and China pertaining to our human resources and
• Responsible for legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources
functions and ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance, i.e., ’s, EEO and Vets
• Control annual HR and insurance budget.
• Working with the State regarding TAA & State benefits available to terminating employees due to