[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Sandra E. M.
Baring Avenue, East Chicago, IN
Accomplished Human Resources Professional with resultsoriented career growth, who desires to
partner with an organization focused on excellence and continue use of my professional
background in a new area, with challenges and possibilities. Ê
• Highenergy dependable professional with good judgment and wisdom
• Experienced manager with expertise in human relations and project management
• Extensive background in the principles and procedures for personnel recruitment,
selection, training, compensation and benefits, employee relations and negotiation, and
personnel information systems, business and management principles involved in strategic
planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production
methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Superb written and oral communication skills
• Organizational and Strategic Planning
• Management Coaching
• Compliance Officer
• Grant research, writing and submission
• Published author of articles, reports and book
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
January – Ivy Tech Community College – Gary, IN
June to Present Primerica Financial Services – East Chicago, IN
Office Manager/Partner Strategic partner in customer care and retention, training and development of
agents and staff, community outreach, compliance officer, business development and performance.
April to June ÊBorgWarner Transmission Systems
Human Resources Manager, Frankfort, IL – June to June
Employee Services Manager, Bellwood, IL – to June
Manager, Learning & Development, Bellwood, IL April to
Human Resource Manager, Frankfort
I was responsible for all aspects of Human Resources, with a direct/indirect staff. Our operational
model embraced collective participation in meeting organizational goals. Overall department
responsibilities included wellness, safety, security, all aspects of human resources. The
philosophy of our leadership team is that we were encouraged to provide insight into any area that
would help the plant achieve overall goals. This resulted in successfully working with other
leadership team members in areas of supply chain, operations, information systems, engineering,
recruiting, policy and procedure implementation, etc.
A few major accomplishments of which I am proud include:
• % reduction in accidents due to implementation and monitoring of stronger safety
processes and procedures
• $. million reduction in Workers Compensation Costs, and reduced the number of open
• Developed and successfully managed the transition of employees, due to relocation of
product lines and reduction of employee headcount.
• Timely acquisition of hourly and salaried talent such as technicians, engineers, and
• Developed, implemented and maintained a communication strategy for all employees in
• Strategically maintained a nonunion environment while during three separate union
• Provided career planning for each functional level.
Employee Services Manager, Bellwood
Responsible for the daytoday operations of the Human Resources Department while reporting to
the Human Resources Manager. Consistently demonstrated drive for results and worked
strategically, with departments outside of Human Resources. My areas of responsibility were
employee benefits, recruiting, employee relations, and compliance.
A few accomplishments that have overall organizational impact:
• Championed the redesign process of Internal Job Bid Process
• Managed the process of updating and distributing the hourly handbook
• Member of Recruitment & Selection Team for hourly and salary positions
Manager, Learning & Development, Bellwood
As Manager of Learning & Development, one of my main responsibilities was to establish a plant
wide training curriculum, for salaried, hourly and apprenticeship program. I was able to establish
• Satellite Based Learning with Public Broadcast Service PBS
• An inhouse computer lab
• Member of HR Masters group, responsible for rolling out new organizational HR Systems.
Creativity, quick learning and use of limited resources helped me to provide individual
performance coaching to all supervisors and roll out a performance based coaching system to all
salaried employees at multiple locations, during a month period. The skills most developed and
stretched during this period were interpersonal savvy, personal learning, making effective
decisions and ethics and values.
• Online Instructor Certification – Ivy Tech College
• Applied Industrial Ergonomics Training ABIH Approved
• Securities License ,
• Life Insurance License
• Mortgage Certification
• Facilitator Certification, Development Dimensions, International DDI
• MS in Training & Development, Loyola University Chicago, Illinois
• University Of MassachusettsDartmouth Cyber Online Skills Communication
Program via Internet Web Craft, Online Communications, Beyond HTML, Marketing on
the Internet, etc.
• BS Public & Environmental Affairs, Indiana University Northwest, Gary, IN
• Other training includes Human Performance Technology
References available upon request