[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
th Place SE, North Bend, WA
Cell :: Home ::
Brick Plant Manager with extensive experience in the manufacture of commercial and residential masonry products; adept at employeeoriented Lean improvement, product quality enhancement, customer collaboration, precise inventory control, safe working environment, and ERP systems Enterprise Resource Planning; worked with diverse professional and cultural groups.
* Plant Manager Mutual Materials Bellevue, WA
Chosen to assemble Oracle Best Practice manual and assisted training of all production and distribution sites in inventory, bills of material, purchasing, and order fulfillment.
Installed ergonomic packaging line increasing output BE/MH brick equivalents/man hours by %.
Eliminated outstanding workers compensation claims and had safety training translated in multiple languages for workforce.
One of members of Production Management Team which oversaw all aspects of plants in Canada and US with an $M annual operating budget.
Task member of Natural Gas hedging team saving %+ or $M+ annually.
Tapped to assist on construction of capital projects valued at over $M.
+ Managed largest of company&;s three clay brick production sites. Directed up to employees, multiple kilns Swindol Dressler and Keller, JC Steele and machines, separate mines, with a $M+ million annual operating budget, producing M Standard Brick Equivalents annually. Producing pavers, residential, and structural commercial clay products. Oversaw all inventory transactions for acre site including loading for residential, commercial, and dealer customers throughout US and Canada. Performed all hiring, capital project initiation and completion, annual budgeting, product costing, monthend WIP work in process and cycle counts, provided cost and shape input to sales staff. Led continuous improvement employee involvement process.
Oversaw kiln upgrade to burner groups and pressure control system, decreased gas usage by % and loss by % assured % FBX Face Brick all weather very tight spec&;s quality.
Reworked slurry system with PLC&;s programmable logic controller to increase accuracy in applications.
Modified extruder which decreased power by % and loss by %.
Oversaw Federal air operating permit and assisted annual reporting.
Some key product innovation wins include designed key residential product line for St Louis market M+ SBE standard brick equivalents annual sales, flashed structural unit cold spec&;d for all Walgreens stores west of Mississippi, Steve Jobs Pixar headquarters in CA and Pixar Disney World, consistently produced selling commercial and residential products for Western US.
Requested to head up common safety initiative of all plants in US and Canada resulting in common safety compliance book introduction.
Annually contributed to overall business plan improvement initiatives.
* Packaging Supervisor Mutual Materials Bellevue, WA
* Led daily activity in selecting bricks from multiple kilns
* Increased output %
* No accidents
* Plant production lead Mutual Materials Co. Bellevue WA,
* April June
* Led activity in machine room production line two
* Increased production by %
* Plant production line worker Mutual Materials Co. Bellevue, WA
* Oct April
Other Technical Skills
* Oracle ERP enterprise resource planning, AR accounts receivable, AP accounts payable, GL general ledger, Purchasing, Bills of Material, Inventory, Shipping
* Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Forklift, track hoes, scrapers, and loaders
* Able to run all types of equipment
Other Brick Industry Involvment
* + years participation in Clemson Plant Managers&; Forum
* Joint Biogas study with Italian firm Ziegel Mattoni Gasser GmbH
* Ceramitec attendee and numerous European brick plant tours
* Assisted on BIA Brick Institute of America and Western States brick market information requests