* Visual Management * Value Stream Mapping
* Inventory Control * Regulatory Compliance * Staff Supervision
* Lean Manufacturing * Procedure Development * Employee Training
RECENT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Covidien Formerly U. S. Surgical Corporation, North Haven, CT to Present
June to Present Production Supervisor in Needle Manufacturing Business Unit
Oversee production of various types of surgical needles comprising over different product codes.
Responsible for a staff of operators running CNCtype machines and laser drilling machines. Work
with Engineering for process and machine improvements to reduce scrap. Engage operators to share their
knowledge to make suggestions for all aspects of the business unit. Ensure production schedules are met
and exceeded. Resolve employee conflicts when they arise as well as address safety/performance issues.
Create incident reports including root cause analysis. Revise Standard Operating Procedures SOP as
needed. Develop employees to their full potential.
• Implement Webbased SPC within the business unit.
• Redesign of the Micro area machinery to improve efficiency and reduce wasted time.