[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Expert in Process Design, Performance and Productivity Improvement
Resultsdriven Operations Manager, with years experience in Materials, Production Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering. Quickly grasps complex concepts, analyzes, and interprets ideas into a logical strategy. Skilled at managing teams with over employees. Demonstrated ability to motivate staff to maximum productivity and control costs by creating a focused work environment using a metric driven approach.
● Demonstrated ability in Plant/Dept turnaround.
● Policy and Procedure Development
Black Belt Training
● P&L and Budget Planning
Business System Implementation
● Team Building, Staff Training, and Development
Tasked to manage two production facilities. Able to improve processes and reduce costs to greatly improve key performance metrics. Key improvement in areas of Safety, Productivity, Labor Costs, and overall financial budgets. Moved the Salt Lake facility to become the top facility in the company.
Implementing Lean Principles, worked with vendors and implemented process to move inventory to JIT. By moving inventory to nearby vendor owned warehouse, inventory was reduced from $. million to $,.
While touring customer facilities, discovered that IT Techs had no need for tech guides and manuals included with each computer. Implemented process to allow customers to order without the additional paperwork thus reducing the number of parts required to complete the packaging of the computer. Resulting in improved customer experience, and a total monthly actual savings of $K
New Dell Factory In Texas and Ireland
Instrumental in the design, build, and startup of two new Dell Computer production facilities. Instrumental for developing process flow from assembly line to a more efficient and lower cost cell build process.
Conceived and Implemented a safety incident review board across a three shift operation. This resulted in a much higher level of awareness and involvement with the production associates. The plant had no lost time accidents for the following two years and % reduction in recordable accidents in the first year of implementation.
Developed a process to simultaneously sanitize multiple production lines. This process saved . hours of downtime between beverage flavor changes each shift. This process was rolled out to all company owned Pepsi Bottlers in North America.
Plant Manager / Director of Operations / Current
Valassis Denver, CO
Plant Manager for the Denver and Salt Lake City shared mail branches. Reaching on average . million households each week delivering million pieces of mail.
* Total responsibility for all facets of the facilities, including production, warehousing, transportation, logistics, maintenance, and engineering.
* Provide vision, leadership, and motivation for plant personnel.
* Manage, direct and implement operations strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of company budgets and goals.
* Ensure compliance of USPS guidelines, mailing and dropship procedures.
* Successful management of facilities with high population of Spanish speaking nonbilingual associates.
Entrepreneurial Pursuits / /
Created a thriving business in a resort community. Later sold the business to reenter the manufacturing environment.
Senior Operations Manager III
Dell Computer Corporation
Over seven years experience and six significant promotions in the Manufacturing and Material Operations functions at Dell Computer Corporation.
Directed the startup of new Factory in Ireland.
* Assigned to transition plant from progressive build to cell build processes. Including staffing, standardizing methods and processes between regions, and implementing and driving key ops goals.
* Identified needed technology to enhance manufacturing and materials management OMAC, MIRA, RF technologies.
* Represent desktop line on Europe&;s pay for skills core team. Developed implementation plan and roll out for Irish facilities.
Senior Materials Ops Manager
* Assigned to improve Price Waterhouse factory audit for inventory controls.
* In less than quarter, drove results from unsatisfactory to satisfactory by forming a crossfunctional core team.
* The team implemented process improvements and technology improvements to ensure sustainable factory inventory integrity.
* Directed and controlled activities for over employees in Production Control, Material Replenishment, and Warehousing for Optiplex Operations.
* Worked with vendors and implemented process to move inventory to JIT. By moving inventory to nearby vendor owned warehouse, inventory was reduced from S. million to S,.
Senior Operations Manager
* Planned and administered procedures and budgets. Established accountabilities and goals to improve productivity measures, quality objectives, and cost targets.
* Directed activities for over employees, across two shifts.
* Developed organizational policies and authorized their implementation.
* Regularly interacted with executives and major customers involving controversial situations, utilizing customer negotiation skills.
* Implemented process to reduce the number of parts required to complete the packaging of the computer. Resulting in improved customer experience, and a total monthly actual savings of $K.
Technical Unit Supervisor
Four years of pharmaceutical manufacturing experience in a clean room environment Intravenous Solution and Containers.
* Supervised and provided technical training for mechanics on four product lines including bag fabrication, filling, overwrap, sterilization, and packaging.
* Coordinated and implemented engineering projects new sterilization tray design with robotic bag placement, installation of rotary filler, literature placers and ink jet printing.
* Customer, vendor, and manufacturing interface concerning process or product change.
* Directed and motivated a team of specialists and operators manufacturing , containers per shift.
* Conception and implementation of Safety Incident Review Board.
Production / Quality Control Supervisor
Pepsi Cola Bottling Company
Wichita , KS
Food and beverage manufacturing experience in a bottling plant.
* Supervised a team of line operators on product bottling lines.
* Responsible for scheduling production and procuring raw materials.
* Coordinated installation of new baginthebox product line.
* Developed a crossfunctional safety incentive program.
* Created pay for performance program. Including skills training and evaluation
* Developed a goal oriented Sanitation Team. Designed a process for multiple product line sanitization.
* Organized microbiological testing. Initiated formal weekly review with Sanitation team.
* Trained QC Techs to perform required testing and monitoring procedures based on SPC principles.
Education and Training
Bachelor: Texas A&M University Manufacturing Engineering Technology
MBA: Saint Edward&;s University Business Management
manufacturing, production, shipping, receiving, black belt, operation manager, logistics, lean manufacturing, kaizen, continuous improvement, GMP, FDA, plant manager, operations planning, supply chain