[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
William A. V.
Sommerset Dr. Grayslake, IL
Summary of Qualifications
A Senior Management Executive with expertise in multisite operations, sales, marketing, P&L, TQM, process
improvement, team building, strategic planning and business development. A tenacious achiever who improves
profitability by targeting inefficiencies, minimizing expenses and increasing revenue. An adept strategist with
exceptional ability to resolve complex business challenges and attain peak levels of performance. A change catalyst
with a well rounded management style that creates common vision and forges positive relationships. A solid track
record in leadership of diverse organizations. A disciplined professional with proven success in expanding sales,
cutting costs and meeting tight deadlines.
Major Career Responsibilities: More than years business experience involving:
Leadership Education & Training
Team Building Quality Management
Strategic Planning System Support
Budget Analysis Problem Solving
Lean Manufacturing/Supply Performance Management
Sourcing Global Vendor Relationships
Communication/Reporting Lead Development
Transportation Inventory Management
Motorola, Libertyville, IL
New Product Introduction Program Manager
Responsible for managing NPI product launches. Provide primary supply chain NPI interface to senior level
engineering and business team managers. Risk management of suppliers and manufacturing timelines.
• Successfully launched global phones in excess of million units sold. All have launched on time and
in excess of sales expectations.
• Reduced manufacturing timeline from months to a month cycle. This was
accomplished by reducing the prototype schedule and manufacturability of the
• Improved overall communication for international manufacturing and supplier
readiness to maintain on time schedule.
United Rentals Highway Technologies, Villa Park, IL
$M Rental company which manufactures signage and highway safety equipment.
Responsible for P/L for Chicago and Milwaukee markets, with direct reports and over indirect. Managing
P/L, sales, marketing, operations, distribution, fleet management, manufacturing, customer service, and global
• Increased revenues and profits. Evaluated each sales area sales, marketing,
operations, fleet, and purchasing. Increased revenue by million and profits by
million in a little over a year.
• Reduced sales overhead and inventory. Reduced inventory from . million to .
million reduced obsolete inventory and sales processes which improved overhead costs
• Established new market opportunity. Opened a satellite office in Milwaukee that is
growing in revenue K a month.
Dorna USA, Wheeling, IL
$M Sports Marketing company which manufactures signage.
Vice President of Operations
Responsible for US operational support of a $ million company, with direct reports and over indirect.
Managing P/L, sales support, marketing, operations, global distribution, warehousing, global manufacturing,
customer service, and global purchasing.
• Reduce operations budget. Evaluated each area where money was being spent
employees, supplies, rent, travel. Reduced the budget from $. million to $,
in a little over a year.
• No effective employee evaluation system in place. Improved employee evaluation
system that allowed employees to be more goal orientated. After weeks of
implementing the new evaluations, employees were much more goal orientated and
effective in their jobs.
• Outdated electronic components. Developed requirements to supply an RFP.
Evaluated the RFP’s that were submitted over months. Signed a month contract
to have the electronics updated, which reduced production costs and manufacturing
• Outgrown current building space. Researched and evaluated locations that allowed for
future growth opportunities, over a month period. Moved to a new location,
increased in size and saved K in the process.
Led and managed P/L, operations, advertising/special events, global transportation/shipping, inventory control of
$ million, maintenance support, customer service and project management with direct reports and
• No safety procedures outlined for warehouse staff. Developed and wrote safety
procedures for the safe use of equipment and procedures in a week period. This
reduced accidents by % and made everyone more safety conscious.
• Over stocking inventory. Evaluated inventory that was needed for a month period.
This saved on space and current inventory spending by modifying the supply re
ordering to just twice a year.
• No tracking of operational expenses in operations. Developed and installed a purchase
order form and tracking system, in months. Tracking where money is being spent
helped in the allocation of funds for upcoming budget planning and final project
• Employee morale was down. Established a quarterly employee outing, months after
being in this position and it has continued to last over years. Employee morale has
never been higher and they continue to work hard to keep this program running.
• No progress report updates on projects. Established a weekly reporting system on the status of each
project that was on going or upcoming. It allowed upper management to make better business decisions
based on the status of each project.
United States Marine Corps Rank of Major
Operations Manager Great Lakes Naval Station
• Company experiencing low production due to no production controls. Analyzed, developed and
implemented a tracking system to monitor production flow, enabling corrective action that was taken
within months. Resulted in a % impact in productivity.
• Needed to ensure operational policies were being followed in offices in states.
Led a team of auditors to determine operational deficiencies. The report presented and
corrections to these deficiencies would be made within a week. Resulted in an
operational efficiency increase of %.
Area Supervisor Recruiting Station Chicago
Branch Manager El Toro, CA
Facility Supervisor El Toro, CA
Education & Training
MBA, Marketing, University of IllinoisChicago, IL.,
BS, Aviation Management, Southern Illinois University, IL,
Master Certificate, Project Management, George Washington,
Professional Military Education, Marine Corps Institute Xerox Professional Selling
Committee Member Marine Corps Scholarship FoundationChicago Eagle