[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
N Wilds Rd., Melrose, Wisconsin
Mobile: ▪ ▪ LinkedIn: Magnus M.
Commodity Manager and Supply Chain Specialist
Strategy & Planning ▪ Executive Management
Project Management ▪ Supply Chain Management
Organized and resourceful Supply Chain Manager with years of experience in the electronics industry. Goaloriented with materials sourcing/purchasing and global supply chain operations experience. Motivated and detailoriented with excellent communication and international teamworking skills. Proven problemsolving, multitasking, and teamleading abilities. Fluent in English and German.
Additional key skills include:
+ Business process setup & documentation
+ Global account management
+ Commodity management for global suppliers
+ Development and implementation of supplier strategies and bill of materials reduction
+ Development of partner programs & strategic alliances
Siemens AG, Energy Division, Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany
Project Procurement Manager
* Established and implemented the purchasing process component of major projects for Siemens Energy.
* Achieved savings of % for major power plant overhaul projects through contract & supply chain negotiation.
* Introduced and used Advanced Negotiation Concepts with an average savings of %.
* Developed and defined the supplier and sourcing strategy for the top international supplier of Siemens Energy&;s service division for Europe and Africa.
* Developed cost reduction programs and cost erosion plans for key commodity materials with final target price agreements.
* Led a crossfunctional project team consisting of project manager, quality manager and logistics manager.
* Managed and led the internal "Junior Buyer Team" at Siemens Energy&;s service division.
FujitsuSIEMENSComputers, Augsburg, Germany
Senior Commodity Manager
* Developed and introduced a new, global battery commodity at FujitsuSiemensComputers.
* Responsible for contract management for the new global battery commodity with a purchasing volume of million Euros.
* Defined, developed, and coordinated the supply chain for international suppliers. Managed global suppliers including Samsung SDI Korea, Gallopwire Ltd. Taiwan, LG Chem. Korea, SANYO Japan, SONY Japan, Dynapack Taiwan, Foxlink Ltd. Taiwan.
* Developed and implemented target cost programs for the new commodity of battery applications.
* Led a crossfunctional battery application team consisting of battery cell and battery pack R&D, Quality department, Logistics department and Commodity Manager.
Magnus M. Page Two
SIEMENS AG / BenQMobile, KampLintfort, Germany
Commodity Manager / Product Purchasing Engineer
* Responsible for the battery applications of mobile handsets with a purchasing volume of EuroM per year.
* Efforts aimed at reducing price, increasing payment terms, optimizing the supply chain and analyzing the supplier market.
* Performed contract management and price negotiation for battery cell and pack applications for mobiles phones produced in Germany, Hungary, Denmark, China, Brazil, and Mexico.
* Performed market research for advanced technology and market survey for best in class supplier selection.
* Team leader of Procurement for the Siemens Mobile Devices generation Clam shell.
* Oversaw strategic sourcing of $M of materials in the high volume cellular telephone business.
* Interacted with a variety of worldclass suppliers on the NorthAmerican, European, and Asian continents, utilizing bilingual and multicultural skills.
* Successfully optimized material and supply chain costs for European projects. Reduced cost by %.
* Served as primary interface between Global Sourcing, Global Supply Chain Management, and development for all sourcing / component issues related to the introduction of new handset products.
* Coordinated global sourcing activities during development and realization phase of numerous projects. Directed strategic purchasing of materials in the value of $M.
SIEMENS AG, KampLintfort, Germany
OnSite Buyer for Global Line Operations
* Responsible for the supply to several factories of the commodities of chargers, batteries, accessories, and customer specific material such as SIMCards and user guides.
* Reduced Siemensowned inventory level from EuroM to Euro, in approximately one year by using VendorManaged Inventory.
* Procured the materials for the factory in Germany on a daily basis, as well as for global factory locations including Hungary, Denmark, China, Brazil, and Mexico.
* Provided global support for the "End of Life" process of obsolete products and materials for Siemens AG
* Responsible for the management of global purchasing and logistics contracts with the aim of improving the supply chain with international suppliers from the US, Europe, and Asia.
* Functioned as team member of the Global Supply Chain Improvement Project, developing the operations concept. The team achieved savings of over % throughout the supply chain.
* Performed as Deputy to the department Director.
Education / Credentials
FOM Hochschule für Oekonomie & Management, Germany
`DiplomKaufmann&; in Economics Equivalent to American MBA
Dissertation: `Sourcing of Commodities in Emerging Markets Analysis of the Purchasing Process
and Logistics as Part of Supply Chain Management&;
Avants+ University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands *
Bachelor of International Management *Joint program with FOM Germany
Certificate in Industrial Purchasing and Management
IndustrieHandleskammer zu Osnabrück, Germany
Certificate in Information and Communication Technician
Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SAP R/ System, SQL, and AS/.