[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
New York, NY
Email: Sonja.E.@gmail LinkedIn:
• General Finance
• Financial Reporting
• Financial Analysis
• Process Analysis
• Marketing Support
• Account Planning
• Sales Forecasting
• Sales Analysis
• Marketing Strategy
• BB & BC Marketing
• Event Planning
Apps Business Solutions – New York, NY
/ – /
Principal / Consultant
• Sell and provide professional business services to small business and nonprofits in the NY
• Perform budgeting, general ledger, payroll, AP / AR and financial planning services to
entrepreneurs and nonprofit businesses.
• Consult on incorporation, marketing strategy, marketing plans, sponsorship, fundraising, and
• Customers include: Redhook Initiative, ParentJobNet, I.C.A.R.E., NoFace Productions,
DoUEntertainment, Mighty Milestones and Huges Institute for Secruity Guard Training.
L’Oreal USA – Professional Product Division, – New York, NY / –
Assistant Manager, Promotions – Sales Planning & Business Development – / –
• Responible for Bb allocation process and promotional program quarterly communications and sell
in materials. Supervised sales analysts.
• Provided timely sales forecasts and support to the management team for the $M Matrix
• Tracked sales programs against budget, trending performance and risk / opportunity consistently
to % accuracy.
• Instrumental in conception and implementation of a proprietary internal ERP system –
centralizing data and creating a master file for marketing activity planning, account activity
planning, brand P&L, etc.
• Ensured smooth seasonal transitions of product inventory and collateral marketing materials
Sales Analyst – Promotional Planning & Analysis – / – /
• Tracked promotional forecast files / uploads and provided reporting and detailed variance analysis
to budget across all Matrix Brands, ensuring appropriate cadence in delivery of account planning
presentations and sellin materials.
• Facilitated valid and timely internal / external promotional communications of item detail, changes
to upc, retail / net pricing, and account / program pricing structures.
• Assessed risk / opportunity indicators throughout program cycle in coordinated effort with cross
functional task force, resulting in an % reduction of inventory of promotional items.
Trilegiant Corporation – Membership Insurance Services – Norwalk, CT / – /
Financial Analyst – Financial Planning & Analysis
• Forecasted and budgeted operational expenses for marketing and membership service operations.
• Provided strategic planning support for entire product line of $M and new product development.
• Reduced annual operating costs by $M through assisting senior management implement formal
budget, forecasting, and cost controls.
• Initiated cashbased financial projection model through use and analysis of the hurdle models for
new product development teams in a coordinated effort to improve proforma based analysis.
HarperCollins Publishers – Avon, WilliamMorrow, Harper Entertainment – New York, NY
/ – /
Financial Analyst – Finance and Strategic Planning
• Maintained strategic cost and pricing structure P&L models to support trends and forecast for
publishing imprints generating $M in revenues.
• Supported senior management by providing enhanced forecasting models to facilitate evaluation of
potential and existing acquisitions M&A agreements.
• Contributed directly to preparations of annual budgets, sales & cost forecasts, monthly expense
allocations, P&L close and daily sales reports in addition to tracking and reporting product returns
and royalty payments.
Revlon – Mass Cosmetics – New York, NY / – /
INTERN Financial Analyst – Financial Analyst
• Summarized masscosmetics sales forecasts for competitive benchmarking and variance analysis.
• Designed and implemented COGS tracking model, reducing the billing cycle by % / hours.
• Consolidated sales forecast and business development plans of retailchain account management
for senior management review.
Time, Inc. – New York, NY / – /
Financial Analyst – / – /
• Processed billing statements to Time Life Building subtenants – streamlined the process and
reduced reconciliationreview times by business days.
INTERN – Administrative Services, Finance – / – /
• Reconciled accounts exceeding $M.
• Reviewed lease obligations and proposed FASB actions.
Tuskegee University – Tuskegee, AL / – /
Financial Analyst – Grants / Contract Accounting
Northwest Administrators / – /
Payroll Auditor – Teamsters Pension Trust fund
Clark Atlanta University – School of Business, Atlanta, GA – May
Tuskegee University – School of Business, Tuskegee, AL – May
ERP Systems using SAP and Logistics Management Graduate Certification Programs, TERP
Central Michigan University – School of Business, Mount Pleasant, MI – Fall /
Microsoft Office Suit: Advanced Excel, Word, Power Point & Access
Elite Order Management System
SAP end user, BEx Analyzer, Dashboard
Oracle and Oracle based systems
MEMBERSHIPS / COMMUNITY SERVICE
Community Club – Office, President
Delta Mu Delta, Honor Society
Young Women’s Leadership School – Volunteer Mentor