Resume for Steven A. for Operator / Military in Hartlepool, United Kingdom
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Steven Glenn A.
Whindyke, Blackhall Colliery, Hartlepool, TS JZ.
A highly experienced petty officer seaman specialist with a proven record and over years experience in
the Royal Navy in charge of rigging, slinging, boat operations, ships husbandry and all deckhands working
on deck. Used to working away from home both on land and at sea in highly demanding environments,
relying on own initiative, experience and expertise, ensuring strict deadlines are met to the highest
standard and in the safest manner. With excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate with all
levels of authority, used to working as part of a team large and small and very good at motivating
personnel around the work place.
• Advanced fire fighting and damage control instructor STCW’ regulation V/
• Whole ship risk assessor and the department’s health and safety representative.
• Powerboat coxswain and instructor jet and propelled and a qualified day skipper tidal.
• Sea survival equipment SSE maintainer and supervisor.
• Lifting equipment examiner LEEA Team Card Holder. Royal Navy day course
• Qualified in rigging and slinging. Royal Navy day course
• Ships husbandry onboard ships in excess of , tons.
• Worked closely with HRH Prince William in the Caribbean on counter drug patrols and hurricane
relief on the island of Turks and Cacaos.
• Qualified line manager, HR Manager and career manager to junior personnel.
• Served on a wide range of ships in the RN in charge of all upper deck maintenance along with
ensuring the examination of sea survival equipment, lifting and slinging equipment is correctly
maintained to the highest standard and in date for tests and examination thus ensuring the
equipment is safe for use as life is always at risk.
• Instructed in excess of a trainees of all levels from new entry to supervisors and senior
management at HMS Raleigh The Royal Navy School of Seamanship, in charge of all seamanship
evolutions onboard ship with a wide range including towing, replenishment at sea,
anchoring/weighing, berthing/unberthing, boat ops and all other aspects of rope work and Rigging.
• Compiled and delivered presentations and on job training in seamanship and fire fighting.
• Regulated and ensured the smooth running of junior rates mess decks/accommodation onboard a
sea going ship involving – sailors ageing from – .
• Whilst on drug patrols in HMS Iron Duke seized a total of £m in cocaine.
• When doing hurricane relief as a member of a small team rebuilt a hospital roof whilst caring for
the patients at the same time, ensuring they where kept comfortable and fed at all times.
• Since acting as line manager some sailors have been promoted from the department.
• Completed a full refit ensuring HMS Argyll was safe and ready to commence sea trials.
• Accomplished a full operational work up to ensure HMS Argyll was able to deploy safely on
operational patrols anywhere in the world.
• Accounted for all fire fighting and damage control equipment onboard to ensure it was in date for
tests thus safe for use.
• Reinforced a solid routine with regards to being health and safety rep for the department.
• Supervised, briefed and debriefed senior management on all seamanship aspects to improve
safety, proficiency and efficiency
• Regulated and ensured the welfare of the department and others where correct at all times.
• Bringing HMS Argyll out of refit on schedule and within budget with regards to my department.
• Getting HMS Argyll safely to sea and passing all sea trials safely with excellent reports from staff.
• Managing both the departments through an week operational work up, working long hours and
completing the work up with very satisfactory results and reports in both teams.
• Instructed all members of the fleet in powerboat and displacement boat driving and this continued
with onboard training to coxswains onboard ships, also trained all the necessary personnel
required to reach a set standard in seamanship knowledge and terminology.
• Coordinated and instructed ships fire fighting and damage control teams.
• Conducted oral and written examinations and appraisals to personnel for promotion.
• Produced short and long term training plans for both seamanship and fire fighting.
• Delivered : training to ensure the student reached the required level for promotion for
seamanship, fire fighting and damage control.
• Worked as part of a training team, attending and producing weekly training briefs to department
• Became a qualified powerboat instructor and day skipper tidal.
• Qualified a large number of trainees in becoming a coxswain to the fleet.
– PRESENT HER MAJESTY’S FORCES ROYAL
• BOSIET certificate, MIST certificate with UK and Norwegian medical certificates.
• CSO, SSO and AntiPiracy certificates.
• day lifting equipment examiners course. LEEA team card holder.
• day slinging and rigging course.
• Efficient deck hand certification.
• City and guilds in seamanship.
• CMI level diploma in first line management.
• CMI level certificate in management and leadership QCF.
• GCSE grade C mathematics.
• Level certificate in adult literacy.
• NEBS management, introductory certificate in management.
• MCA accredited CBRNDC training in advanced fire fighting. STCW’ regulations VI/
section AVI/ of the STWC code
• MCA accredited fire prevention and fire fighting. STCW’ regulations VI/ section AVI/ para
• MCA accredited personal survival techniques STCW’ regulation VI/ section AVI para ...
• MCA accredited maritime radio operator short range certificate.
• MCA accredited personal safety and social responsibility STCW regulations V/section A
V/ para ..
• Work place risk assessor’s certificate.
• Air rating helicopter deck ops and underwater escape dunker training AIR
• Advanced national powerboat certificate and practical day skippers sailing course tidal RYA.
• Qualified powerboat and displacement boat coxswain and power boat instructor. RYA accredited.
• Level two first aid certificates.
• Sea survival equipment and maintainers supervisors’ course.
• Completed the Petty Officer Seaman Specialist qualifying course.
• Completed the Royal Navy leadership and management training course.
Football, powerboat driving, team sports, voluntary work, and rope work bell ropes and knot boards.
Full UK driving licence.
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!