[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Herbert St, Carlisle, CUMBRIA, CA QE.
Resourceful, qualified and innovative Electrical Engineer with extensive experience in problem solving and maintenance. Successfully leading teams and achieving goals to the highest standards, in the tightly controlled nuclear industry. Good team player who is also selfmotivated, and accustomed to working in challenging and varied situations. Excellent communication and training skills, developed during years of service in the Royal Navy.
* Highly skilled and experienced at fault diagnosis and repair solutions.
* Competent and adept maintainer of electrical and mechanical equipment.
* Knowledgeable of safe systems of work and health and safety issues.
* Conscientious approach to workload and responsibility.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Sound planning ability.
Education / Qualifications
Currently studying with the Open University to achieve BEng hons in Marine Systems Engineering.
Graduateship Award in Leadership and Management
City & Guilds
Institution of Occupational Safety and Health
Foundation Degree Marine Systems Engineering.
University of Portsmouth, Hampshire.
HMS Vanguard Class Submarine Double CAT B Nuclear Watchkeeper.
Nuclear Propulsion Operators Course.
HMS Sultan, Gosport, Hampshire.
July to November
Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting Course.
School of Maritime Survivability, HMS Raleigh, Torpoint, Cornwall.
Workplace Risk Assessors Course.
HMS Collingwood, Fareham, Hampshire.
Nuclear Propulsion Systems Course.
HMS Sultan, Gosport, Hampshire.
Lime House School.
A*C GCSEs including Maths, English and Science.
ALevels including Physics.
* Department expert for all aspects of the power and generation systems of a nuclear submarine, liaising with management and design authorities.
* Supervised and carried out routine maintenance, defect rectification and fault diagnostics on a wide range of marine engineering equipment including AC & DC motors, generation and switchgear, air conditioning and refrigeration plants, hydraulic and air systems.
* Ensured performance of systems and components are within specification utilising various test equipment.
* Managed sections from domestic electrical equipment to nuclear reactor services.
* Team leader of both uniformed and civilian personnel.
* Responsible for the training and development of peers and junior staff in maintenance, operational tasks and safe systems of work.
* Authorised and checked contractors work and procedures.
* Responsible for the pastoral care of subordinates.
* Planned maintenance periods negotiating priorities with other sections and contractors, to ensure goals were achieved.
* Advised and guided during meetings to change maintenance regimes, and procedures, without adversely affecting quality of end product.
* Accountable for the compliance with quality assured processes and products.
* Ensured safe systems of work and best practices were in place and adhered to.
Hobbies & Interests
I enjoy playing rugby and keeping myself reasonably fit. I have trained several rugby youth teams. I also staffed at a local sea cadet unit, arranging weeklong trips into the country and planning expeditions. Also, I enjoy cooking and socialising.