[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Name & Surname Wayne E.
Date of Birth January
Residential /Permanent Location East London, South Africa
Nationality South African
Marital Status Married
Contact Numbers + Telephone
Education & Training
• B.Com Business Management & Information Systems University of South Africa April
Operational Management & Procurement, Accounting, Auditing, Statistics, Information Systems
• General Management, Procurement and Operations Diploma –
University of South Africa June
• Computer Systems & Operations Diploma – Computer Users Council, August
• Matric Cambridge High School, East London, South Africa
• Over the years I have gained extensive experience managing technology for a number of mining
companies, technical and service companies. Managed systems, applications, services, operations,
directed systems development and implementation of systems.
• Highly skilled in Technology, IT Management, Project Management, Business/Systems Analysis,
Development /Programming and Operations, including, strategy, leadership, managing staff, service
delivery, various systems, infrastructure and information management
• My time spent in the mining sector has given me considerable experience and knowledge
in delivering diverse business solutions and services to the many disciplines within the mining
environment. I have worked with Electrical, Mining and Civil Engineers, Geologists, Surveyors, Mine
planners, Metallurgists, Finance, Supply and HR staff, variety of consultants, many different suppliers,
contractors, Maintenance staff and others.
• I have learnt through my experience the importance of the human interface in any business. I enjoy
Coaching, mentoring and empowering individuals. Creating teams of individuals to develop,
implement and maintain excellent solutions for the business.
• I am more than familiar with the core business operations of Finance, Human resources,
Supply full supply chain.
• I understand mining and mining systems and familiar with underground and open pit
operations, concentrator through to refinery, logistics and sales.
• I have worked with all levels of management within a corporation to deliver innovative
solutions and services.
• I am passionate in delivering “team” solutions which have a positive impact on a business, ensuring
increasing efficiencies , with robust , stable and scalable platforms for future growth
• I will enjoy being part of a business that are looking for someone to direct, lead, establish, develop
and manage an IT related business unit.
• years in the Mining Industry Base Metals, Gold ,Platinum, Iron ,Cobalt in Botswana, Zambia,
South Africa, Ivory Coast, Australia, Sierra Leone
• Open pit and Underground
• Extensive Knowledge and experience of the Mining process from Exploration to Sales &
• Exploration: Worked with exploration management and teams, delivering systems to manage drilling
operations & sample data.
• Mining Technical/ Ore scheduling Geology, Survey, Planning
o Worked with geologists, surveyors and planners, introducing software solutions for Mine Design
& geological modelling
o Developed a Dynamic ore reserve system
• Mining Production
o Designed , developed & implemented a comprehensive mining production system
o Provision of data on all activities
o Software controls to govern availability & utilization
o Mining methods – drill & blast, stopes, development ends, cut & backfill etc
o Mining machinery & workshops
• Ore Delivery
o Worked with mine owned & contractors
o solutions to manage ore haulage via road and rail
o Fleet management & asset utilisation data
• Ore Preparation Concentrator Plant, crushing, grinding, milling, floatation
o Implemented, enhanced and maintained plant control systems SCADA
• Ore Processing Smelter, Refinery: Implemented, enhanced and maintained plant control systems
• Assay management and LIMS experience
• Metal accounting and metal balancing
• Sales & Logistics , shipping, transportation and related commercial operations
o Introduced software solutions to administer contracts and manage documentation
o Collaboration, tracking , contract administration, statistics
o Tracking via road , rail and sea to foreign port
• Developed and implemented a Mining Company information management system
• Integrating all inputs and outputs from all business processing units & activities
• Implemented, enhanced and maintained asset management and maintenance systems mine wide.
• Implemented, enhanced and maintained project control and accounting systems
• years in the IT Industry
• Mining, Manufacturing, Service and Leisure Industries
• Extensive knowledge and experience of all aspects of IT Management & Operations
• Knowledge and experience of the business processes of service departments; Finance, I.T., HR,
Procurement / Inventory full supply chain, Safety, Security, Risk, Environment, Quality and Health.
• Business Applications: Enterprise Resource Planning ERP: Successful implementations,
Conversions and upgrades.
• Enterprise Asset management EAM: Greenfield Full EAM implementation. Gold mine in West Africa
• Finance, Supply, HR: EBusiness Procurement automate the procurement process, Tenders,
RFQ’s, PO’s etc.
• Maintenance CMMS
• Vehicle Tracking
• Access Control
• Time and attendance
• Payroll processing integration with Finance & HR
• Telephone Billing & Management
• Reporting Solutions & services
• SHEQ Systems
• Security incident management system
• Mine wide operational budget development & reporting
• Medical / Clinic operations
• Information Management: Efficiently provide concise data, empowering the business to make
• System Development skilled in various development environments
• Databases RDBMS, proficient in SQL
• Operating Systems – Microsoft, UNIX and Linux
• Networking – all components LAN, WAN, MAN…..
• Integrated Radio & Voice & Data & Video communications
• IT Governance and service delivery –ITIL, COBIT
• Project management –PMBOK