[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
CURRICULUM VITAE of Mr. BRUCE JOHN E..
NATIONALITY: Australian Citizen; Passport Number: N
CONTACTS: Email < > Telephone: Mobile:  : Land line  . Postal address: Tatitown P. O. Box , Francistown, Botswana. Physical address: Plot , Francistown, Botswana.
PERSONAL STATEMENT: My aim and objective is to increase recovery, reduce operating costs per troy ounce of gold produced in a safe working manner, and be rewarded with appropriate promotions.
* Proven ability to increase recovery and production rates, in gravity, CIL, CIP gold plants.
* First operator to adopt carbon in column technology into leach plants in Botswana.
* Trained in safety implementation procedures and accident reduction methods.
* Experienced in training methods, with the ability to build an enthusiastic Team spirit.
* Computer literate in M.S. Word and Excel spreadsheets.
* Experienced with Metallurgical accounting and production loss analyses.
* Ability to compile operating budgets and perform cost control functions.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Science Degree, majoring in Metallurgy, from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, awarded in .
GENERAL: I have successfully completed the following: . Blasting Licence surface and underground and a Boiler Operators Ticket. . INSTRUCTORS COURSE for the Training Within Industry Job Instruction Course, . W. D. Scott Management Course. . National Safety Council Accident Prevention Supervisors Course. . St. John&;s Ambulance First Aid Course. . Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics Course.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANISATION MEMBERSHIP: Member of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy. Member of the Botswana Geoscientists Association.
PERSONAL DETAILS: Date of Birth: February, . Health: Excellent. Hobbies and Interests: Photography, classical and modern music. Sporting Activities: Tennis, squash, sailing, bush walking, gliding, and fishing. Qualities: Accepts challenges, positive attitude.
CHRONOLOGICAL CONSULTING, CONTRACTING AND EMPLOYMENT HISTORY. HYDROMETALLURGY GOLD RELATED.
* // till // NORTHERN LIGHTS EXPLORATION COMPANY LTD: Compiled scoping study for the Somerset Gold Project; developed the process flowsheet, equipment list, capital & operating cost estimates, for the gold recovery plant.
* // till //. MHB. [Bonanza mine closed from // till / /].
POSITION: Mine Manager Operations and Metallurgical Control. BONANZA GOLD MINE: Construction of a . T.P.H. gravity and percolation cyanide leach, carbon in column recovery plant, commissioning and operation. Operations involved, surface and underground mining, maintenance, ore handling, transportation, cobbing, screening, jaw crushing, ball milling, tabling, amalgamation, carbon in column and gold elution. Smelting to Dore bullion. Security and marketing of bullion mine administration. At its peak of operations Bonanza employed a workforce of skilled and unskilled employees.
* No reportable injuries/accidents occurred during this operation and a total of Kgs., of fine gold were produced from Bonanza, in bullion and sulphide concentrates.
* RAINBOW GOLD MINE: Management and operation of . T.P.H. gold mine. Operation and metallurgical control of cyanide C.I.P. leach plant, from // to //. Unit operations involved; underground mining, hoisting, jaw crushing, ball milling, cyanide leaching in Pachuca tanks, carbon in pulp gold adsorption, carbon elution and regeneration of carbon, and gold recovery via smelting to Dore bullion. On site diesel alternator power generation at KVA, V rating. Rainbow employed an average of skilled and unskilled employees and no reportable injuries or accidents occurred during this period of operation.
* WINIFRED TAILINGS DUMP: [approx. , tonnes]. Administration and metallurgical accounting of the toll treatment of this dump, via the Monarch mine C.I.P. gold recovery plant. Including plant sampling, assaying checks and reagent monitoring and control in liaison with the Monarch mine staff.
* // till //. MHB/ Golden Sands [Pty] Ltd., Lady Mary Gold Mine, Francistown, Botswana. Duties: Metallurgical control of percolation leach by cyanide in vats, with zinc shavings for gold substitution/ precipitation, cleanup to slime concentrate, slime roasting, fluxing and smelting to dore bullion.
* Conversion to activated carbon in columns for gold recovery, the first operation to use this technology in Botswana.
* // till /. PEKO MINES N.L. TENNANT CREEK MINES, AUSTRALIA. Warrego/Peko Concentrators Ore handling, autogenous grinding, copper, gold, bismuth concentrate production by flotation, ball and rod milling, gravity separation by jigs, cones and spirals for gold, concentrate thickeners, cyanidation of tailings by countercurrent decantation, Merrill Crowe zinc precipitation, tailings dam control. Warrego Smelter concentrate handling, Flash smelting, waste heat boiler. electrostatic precipitators and gas fans. Top blown Rotary Converters for bismuth recovery and blister copper production via a casting wheel. Bismuth oxide reduction and metal briquetting. Cementation copper / iron, sulphuric acid leach pilot plant. PekoWallsend Mt. Morgan smelter operations rotary kiln drying of concentrates, Flash smelting. PierceSmith conversion to blister copper and casting into moulds.
PYROMETALLURGY RELATED METALS Nickel, Copper, Cobalt, PGE.
* // till // BAMANNGWATO CONCESSIONS LTD. [BCL].
POSITION: Senior Project Metallurgist, [prior to resignation].
* Commenced as Sectional Superintendent Flash Furnace. Responsible directly to the Smelter Superintendent for metallurgical and operational control of all aspects of the Flash furnace, i.e. budget monthly feed tonnage throughput, operating, metallurgical and project costs. Control of related bulk stocks and section metallurgical accounting. Coordination with engineering maintenance. Staff consisted of shift Foremen ,
main control room Foremen , and associated shift workmen totaled,  persons.
* Flash Furnace Overhaul Coordinator. During following campaign was promoted to Superintendent of Flash furnace, Waste Heat Boiler, and Gas Cleaning systems. Controlling Sectional Superintendents of Flash furnace, Waste Heat Boiler and Gas Cleaning Sections, with a total of workmen.
* Promotion to Technical Superintendent. Responsible for metallurgical operation of the Smelter, drying plants, and coal plant. Specific Projects included:
* Metallurgical Process Control of all furnaces, sampling and metallurgical accounting. Process development increased cobalt recovery study. Including slag reduction in the Flash furnace, electric furnace, and converters, by development work on Top Lance Submerged Injection smelting and reduction techniques. These included the " Sirosmelt / Ausmelt " method, developed by the Australian C.S.I.R.O., and later,
perfected by Xstrata, to the commercial system, " ISASMELT/ ISACONVERT TM ".
* Conversion from diesel to coal fired operations. Development, commissioning of conversion from diesel to pulverised coal operation in the Flash furnace, and conversion from coke to coal ash as the reductant in the electric furnaces.
* Flash furnace feed increase from to T.P.H. Development, modifications for the increase of Flash furnace feed rate from to T.P.H. combined with oxygen enrichment to %.
* Computerised feed control parameters based on feed mineralogy. Development of a computerised model for the calculation of the process control parameters, based on the feed mineralogy, to the Flash furnace.
* Smelter bulk stocks accounting method. Compilation of a system for accounting of the Smelter bulk stocks / inventory, and related supply contracts. Loss control, compilation of operating and safety procedures, and related training of personnel, throughout the Smelter. Control of refractory maintenance in all Smelter furnaces, and supply of refractory stocks and related consumables.
* Re appointed as Overhaul Coordinator [end third campaign].
Involved in the planning, maintenance and modification schedules. Specifically: Utilization of the P.E.R.T. plan, evaluate, review, technique, planning method,
using computer networks: manning and resource determinations. Design and procurement for process and mechanical modifications. Design, control of cost system, capital expenditure approximately, P . million. Involved in estimations, based on procurement, labour and procurement contracts. Technical and coordination control by shift coverage of all rebuild modification and maintenance functions during the nine week overhaul. Direct control of heat up, commissioning till full production reached and stabilised.
* // till //. BCL LTD., [ Month Metallurgical Contract]. To direct the Smelter Overhaul Team with the modifications and reconditioning of the Flash furnace. Included the installation and commissioning of a concentrate burner, upgrading of the internal cooling water system and relining of the Reaction shaft refractories. Supervised the training of a Team of new Graduate employees, for the commissioning of the modified systems, and to bring the smelter back on line.
* // till //. Morex [Botswana] [Pty] Ltd.,
[now Tati Nickel Mining Company] : Contract shaft sinking at the Selkirk and Phoenix nickel/ copper operations, feasibility study testwork and evaluation of Selkirk and Phoenix prospects, based on extracted metallurgical bulk samples; completed at BCL.
GEOMETALLURGY RELATED ALL METALS and ECONOMIC MINERALS.
* // to Current: AFRICAN METALS LTD.: Consulting role as a GeoMetallurgist for base metal R/C drilling program. Compiling time loss analyses on drilling operation. From January, , promoted to management of all data input from the exploration program. Compilation and writing of weekly reports to the Board. Management of logistics, control of inventory and program consumables. Instituting QA /QC, with standards and duplicates, error checking and resolution, sample dispatch.
* // till //: Unemployed Selfstudy of computer operations, based on training manuals acquired from a computer training Institute, in MS Word & Excel.
* // till //: Fluid Systems North Pty Ltd. Consulting Contract as Manager of Environmental division to investigate, implement environmental remediation Projects for mining, petroleum and power industries. To organize stock taking/ inventory control system, using the" Pastel Evolution "computer programs.
* // till //: Unemployed Selfstudy of computer programs/operations.
* // till / /: Holiday break.
* // till //. CARDIA MINING BOTSWANA LTD. Cataloguing drill core, completing specific gravity determinations, sample dispatch to assay laboratory.
* / till //. MINERAL HOLDINGS [BOTSWANA] [PTY] LTD. [MHB], UNDER CONTRACT TO CARDIA MINING BOTSWANA LTD. Re appraisal of ten base metal Prospects. Analyses of historical data, exploration reports, planning of exploration grid emplacements, supervision and control of ground magnetic and soil sampling surveys. Interpretation of drill core mineralogy, and mineral associations. Estimations of ore zones, and further drill site locations. Planning and completion of regional stream sediment sampling surveys, on , sq. kms., of prospecting licences. Dispatch of collected samples to the assay laboratory.
* // till /. MHB. Assistant to Consulting Geologist for drilling program on four Prospects for nickel/copper, copper/lead/zinc, copper/gold and gold anomalies in the Magogaphate shear zone. Drill sampling, riffle splitting, mineral identification and logging. Supervision of the workforce and logistics.
* // till //. MHB. Administration, completion of Joint Venture Agreements by MHB with Gallery Gold Botswana Pty Ltd., later IAM Gold Botswana Ltd.. Prospecting Licence / , for the Jim&;s Luck gold Prospect. Monitoring the exploration program of holes, following induced polarisation surveys, soil sampling in banded iron formations. Completion of a prefeasibility study, for the Jim&;s Luck gold deposit.
* Cardia Mining Botswana Pty Ltd. Prospecting Licences /, /, /, / and PL&;s / inclusive. Duties included preparation and submission of PL renewals, reports, and applications for five new adjoining Prospecting licences.
* // till //. Holiday break.
UNDER GRADUATE EMPLOYMENT SECONDARY METALLURGY.
* AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL INDUSTRIES, LIDCOMBE, SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA. As an under graduate student: received training in aspects of Secondary Metallurgy which included hot and cold steel forging, control of heat treated products, metal product formation by metal powders alloying and sintering. Pigiron production in a Cupola, extrusion of spheroidal and grey cast irons. Laboratory assay control of steel specifications. Nondestructive testing of metal products. Microscopy investigations and quality control of products.