The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
Graduate Assistant – August May
• Instructed students in English , freshmanlevel rhetoric and composition.
• Individually tutored students enrolled in composition and ESL courses.
• Composed syllabi and assignments in accordance with department standards and student needs.
• Introduced students to academic writing concepts and supported writing growth during semester.
Exploration Summer Programs, New Haven, CT
Residence Director – June August
• Oversaw a + student residence hall and at a summer academic camp on the Yale University campus.
• Addressed improper student behavior and counseled students with adjustment difficulties.
• Supervised residential staff in resolving student issues and planning appropriate activities.
• Devised weekly dormwide programming with a communitybuilding focus.
The Kenyon Review, Gambier OH
Young Writer’s Workshop Teaching Fellow – June August
• Assisted in a creative writing classroom during a prestigious summer writing program for rising high school
juniors and seniors.
• Taught a three day journalism minicourse, culminating in the students producing a newspaper.
• Mentored students individually, offering constructive criticism on their creative work.
• Provided dormitory programming and supervision as a resident advisor during the summer program.
Intern – September August
• Compiled the first comprehensive digital index of the Review.
• Managed a poetry prize for young writers, overseeing judging of entries and contacting of winners.
• Assisted the managing editor on a variety of other projects, including web design and research.