[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
CURRICULUM VITAE OF NOTANDO M.
Full Name: Nontando M.
Marital Status: Single
Nationality: South African
Date of Birth: //
Languages: English, Zulu
EDUCATION AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Gordon Institute of Business Science
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
* Innovation and critical thinking
* Economics: prices and markets
* Financial Accounting
* Management Accounting
* Organisational Behaviour
* Human Resource Strategy
* Information and Knowledge Management
* Operations Management
* Int Structures and Process
* Ethics and Sustainability
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
Honours in Journalism
First Class PassLanguage and Power
Resident newspaper committee member Barnato Hall
Resident entertainment committee member Barnato Hall
Corporate Affairs Manager
* Develop and maintain organizational profile.
* Quality Control of all organizational documents, i.e. letters, proposals, reports, etc.
* Develop and edit Kagiso Trust InBrief stakeholder newsletter, i.e. Copy editing, writing, factchecking.
* Develop Kagiso Trust&;s Annual Report, i.e. Copy editing, factchecking, interviews.
* Develop and maintain marketing materials, i.e. brochures, pamphlet, banners, flyers, etc.
* Manage web design and content for KT&;s website.
* Coordinate production of online marketing and communication material.
* Develop and maintain organizational partnership / relationships with government, private sector and other Non Governmental Organizations in development.
* Facilitate and maintain the development and upkeep of Kagiso Trust&;s memory wall project, as well as ensure content is updated regularly, i.e. Organisational history timeline.
* Write speeches for executive management and board of trustees.
* Manage and develop media relations.
* Manage programme aunches and other events.
* Appoint IT support / service providers.
* Develop reports.
* Assign tasks manage to junior staff.
* Communicate with the Board of Trustees events and meetings of the Trust.
* Developed Kagiso Trust&;s Annual Report, i.e. the first Annual Report the organization has produced.
* Developed and facilitated Kagiso Trust&;s memory project, i.e. A timelime, memory wall project which depicts the history of the organization since inception.
* Developed Kagiso Trust&;s first stakeholder newsletter.
Steve Biko Foundation
* Wrote articles for the foundations newsletter, which included carrying out research needed for articles.
* Sourced and edited articles written by other individuals related to the foundation&;s work.
* Designed the layout of the newsletter, which included sub and copy editing pictures.
* Edited the content of the foundations website. This included making sure that the website has enough and relevant content.
* Responsible for the foundation&;s publicity, .i.e. developing media relations and sending out press releases.
* Edited content that was used for the foundations academic journal.
* Liased with organizations and institutions on behalf of the Chief Executive Director.
* Started a newsletter publication called FrankTalk, which the Foundation still runs.
Reason for leaving: Lacked growth opportunities.
Feb to Oct
Wits Honours Newspaper
Journalist for Vuvuzela
* Wrote articles, which included carrying out research for the articles, interviewing news sources, securing appointments for fellow journalists.
* Edited articles written by other journalist, and phoning sources that were quoted to make sure that the sources were quoted correctly to avoid being sued.
* Took pictures for stories, included air brushing the pictures and editing them using adobe photoshop.
* Layout artist for the paper, i.e. planned the page layout, edit pictures and make sure that the page layout reaches the Sunday times on time.
* Acted as sub editor as I was the lay out artist and had to make sure that all journalists hand in their articles on time.
* Appointment as Sub Editor
Reason for leaving: Left because it was a voluntary job and a part of gaining experience.
Aug to Oct
Assistant Researcher for
* Secured interviews with newspaper editors and senior political journalists.
* Interview editors and senior journalist about the Government Communication Information System as the research was carried out to find out how the GCIS could improve their communication systems.
* Transcribed interviews and discussed them with the researchers to make sure that they understood the results of the interviews.
Reason for leaving: Left because it was a two month contract.
* Carried out research on internet dating to provide the editor with information for articles.
* Strategic planning for publicity as to how the editor would go about making his website known by the general public.
* Wrote articles which would form part of the content for the website.
* Came out with strategies that the editor could use to spread his internet dating gospel, i.e. forming product packages that would be incorporated to the broadcast media.
Reason for leaving: Left because it was a voluntary job and wanted to gain experience in the media field.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS in career to date:
* The highlights of my career are that when I joined both the Kagiso Trust and the Steve Biko Foundation; the organizations did not have a corporate affairs or communications department. However, I have been able to develop the respective departments from scratch with little guidance and have succeeded in both instances.
* Computer Literate: Windows XP, Microsoft Word, MS PowerPoint, MS FrontPage, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
* Communication Verbal and Written
* Events Management
* Project Management
* Competence Speaker of Zulu and English
Salary: R .
Travel: R .
Benefits: Medical Aid, Provident Fund, Mobile Phone
Notice Period: month
Name of Referee: Ms. Theresa Griffiths
Company Name: Kagiso Trust Investments
Position Held: Head: CSI and Communication
Contact Number: +
Name of Referee: Ms Linda Frampton
Company Name: Kagiso Trust
Position Held: Executive Secretary
Contact Number: +