[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
NE th st.
Summary of Qualification:
• Ability to function in a variety of cultural settings
• Fluent in Japanese
• Conversational in Spanish, Chinese and Korean
• Experience with international education
• Global College of Long Island University
• Major: Global Studies
• Minor: English
• Cross Cultural Understanding for a Globalized World
o An exploration into the concept of globalization and what it means for different cultures
to be closely connected, both economically and culturally.
• Behind the Mask: Alternative Japan
o An examination of past and present aspects of Japanese demographics and explores
the unique history and psychology of the Japanese people and minority groups.
• AFSUSA Summer Staff, Travel, New York, NY, USA MaySep
o Helped plan and run logistics for student arrivals.
o Data entry into Global Link
o Contacted airlines to confirm reservations and reinstate canceled
• AFSUSA Intern, Sponsored Programs, New York, NY, USA JanApr
o Helped organize venues for student orientations.
o Identified potential grants and partners and drafted letters of inquiry.
o Edited press releases announcing scholarship winners
• Alpha Chi Long Island University Chapter Treasurer, Brooklyn, NY, USA Sep May
o Organized events for members.
o Calculated budget for the year.
• World Lake Student Conference, Otsu, Japan OctNov
o Translated and edited English language documents for English speaking conference
• Chinese Corner, Hangzhou, China JanApr
o Located sites to hold Chinese language practice sessions.
o Edited and produced English language flyers advertising events.
• Discovery Day, Brooklyn, NY, USA Mar
o Presented “School Security” research to university community.
• Alpha Chi Superregional Conference, Little Rock, AR, USA Mar
o Presented “Korean Identity” research to conference attendees.
• Alpha Chi honors society
• Global College, Global Citizen Award