Lake Mary, FL
OBJECTIVE Looking for the greatest opportunity to work as a mental health and/or substance
abuse counselor for a reputed company.
EDUCATION Nova Southeastern University, Masters of Science in Mental Health and
Substance Abuse, August , GPA: .
University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Mediation
Certified, May , GPA: .
WORK EXPERIENCE Center for Drug Free Living, Addiction Receiving Facility,
Counseling Intern /Present
• Perform psychosocial assessments through interview of clients and
review of records. Participate in staffing’s to confer with others and
evaluate condition of client.
• Counsel clients individually and in group sessions to assist them
with chemical dependency recovery program and in modifying
• Complete required forms and make all necessary documentation to
client files relating to all counseling content, observations, activities
and issues relating to each client contacted.
• Manage multiple caseloads through assessment, crises, and
• Accurately assess and diagnosis, dualdiagnosis and addiction
Beta Center, Counseling Intern //
• Work as a therapist and provide individual and group counseling for
mood disorders, trauma, domestic violence, and many more.
• Responsible to provide community management to clients that are
related to therapeutic relationship.
• Responsible to conduct psychosocial assessment.
• Provide ongoing treatment information, support and education to
• Prepare client for discharge.
• Responsible to other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL APA ACA FPA FCA AMHCA ASERVIC
ORGANIZATIONS IAAOC ACC PSI CHI The National Honor Society
REFERENCES Shannon Ray, Assistant Professor, Nova Southeastern University ,