[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Fox Den Rd, Kingston, MA
Objective: Master of Public Health Candidate with emphasis on international disaster relief and complex humanitarian emergencies seeking graduatelevel position that will leverage my passion for doing whatever it takes to help the sick and injured. Handson experience in emergency response. Recognized for strong problemsolving, relationship management and logistical/coordination skills. Able to collaborate on diverse teams and build positive relationships quickly. Specific skills include:
* Research and Proposal Writing
* Patient and Client Service
* Relationship Management
* Event Coordination
* Logistics and Emergency Mitigation
* MS Office, Advanced Excel
BOSTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH, Boston, MA
Candidate, Master of Public Health Expected Graduation May
Concentration: International Public Health and Disaster Relief Management
* Relevant courses completed: Disaster Relief Management, Reproductive Health in Disaster Settings, Systems Analysis of International Healthcare, Program Design and Implementation, and International Healthcare Financing.
* Developed strategic proposal with team for international NGO focused on disaster recovery efforts; analyzed successful models, developed budget, and created monitoring & evaluation framework.
* Compiled extensive research on MSF and UN Refugee WASH programs and guidelines.
PROVIDENCE COLLEGE, Providence, Rhode Island
Bachelor of Arts Public and Community Service, PreMedical Track
* Degree prepares graduates for communitycentered NGO positions.
SOUTHCOAST TRAINING, Fall River, Massachusetts
Emergency Medical Technician Basic Training
WHO World Health Organization, Manila, Philippines November December
Emergency Humanitarian Action Intern
* Traveled to a conflict area to represent the Western Pacific Regional Office in the field during the typhoon Sendong response
* Delivered written briefs to senior management on the public health situation immediately following the flash floods in Mindanao
* Conducted trainings on a epidemiological surveillance system with an international team and participants
* Compiled daily surveillance and reported to senior management
* Produced template for preevent country data for use during rapid initial assessments
UNIVERSAL AMBULANCE, Providence, RI August September
Emergency Medical TechnicianBasic EMTB
* Responded to numerous emergencies that required adaptability and complex problem solving.
* Ensured that protocols were followed appropriately, and improvised in unique crisis situations.
* Treated diverse medical conditions, becoming familiar with the particulars of common diseases.
* Diffused potentially volatile situations and violent behaviors in patients without the use of restraints or offensive measures.
* Provided emotional support for patients and their families during the most stressful of times.
FLOATING DOCTORS, Haiti February June
HENRI DESGRANGE CLINIC, Haiti
Emergency Medical Disaster Relief
* Provided care to + Haitian victims per day immediately after the January earthquake.
* Triaged patients with physicians and provided treatment when applicable.
* Coordinated with international NGO&;s including MSF to support clinic operations.
* Initiated and implemented referral and transportation system, working with local community resources.
BUTLER HOSPITAL, Providence, RI September December
* Provided assistance to healthcare providers on a populous unit of a psychiatric hospital.
* Catered to achieving comfort of patients and visitors while maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment.
DAVIS PARK PLAYGROUND, Providence, RI MayJune
Volunteer Planning Committee Safety Subcommittee
* Developed plan and oversaw construction of grantfunded playground built in socioeconomically
* Designed evacuation plan, and managed the safety aspect of plans and building.
CHAD BROWN COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER, Providence, RI January December
Volunteer Coordinator, Fundraising Assistant
* Coordinated the service and learning of student volunteers.
* Comanaged fundraising events including K road race and community talent show.
* Shadowed healthcare provider during clinical examinations and gleaned data from patients for statistical purposes.
GAP INC., Kingston MA, Providence RI March August
* Surpassed individual quota in fastpaced retail environment.
* Increased GapCard application numbers.
* Trained and educated staff on successful techniques and performance reviews.
PUBLIC BROADCASTING STATION PBS, Boston, Massachusetts May September
* Selected for engineering TV show featuring teenagers working for individual and corporate clients.
* Met deadlines while keeping project under budget, working with limited materials.
* Promoted creativity and unorthodox methods to solve problems.
* Interviewed by bloggers and mainstream media for feature stories.
HANDIKIDS THERAPUETIC RIDING CENTER, Bridgewater, Massachusetts March August
Assistant Barn Manager
* Maintained sanitation and structural integrity of buildings.
* Operated basic farm equipment.
* Participated in fundraising efforts.
Apprentice Therapeutic Riding Instructor
* Coordinated team of volunteers while maintaining a safe and fun environment.
* Oversaw recordkeeping of riders, staff and equines.
* Managed riding area: equine relations, volunteer enthusiasm and helpfulness, health concerns.
Certifications and awards
* BUSPH Merit Scholarship
* Providence College Dean&;s List
* EMTB RI, MA
* UNOPS Certification in Basic and Advanced Security in the Field Staff Safety, Health, and Welfare
* PADI Open Water Diver