[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
A Century Oaks Drive
The University of Southern Mississippi Hattiesburg, MS
Master of Science, Public Relations
Bachelor of Science, Speech Communication
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI, Hattiesburg, MS
Development Officer Present
* Serves to identify, research, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift donors on behalf of the University.
* Serves as the relationship manager for donors and is responsible for maintaining records on donor interaction in the USM Foundation database
THE CITY OF GULFPORT DEPARTMENT OF LEISURE SERVICES, Gulfport, MS
* Formulates and organizes program plans and schedules for seasonal and yearround activities with an emphasis on special events and recreational programs.
* Coordinates Summer Day Camp programming, including securing and implementing grant funding, a employee staff, $, budget, weekly activities, programming, and travel for + children.
* Coordinates the following Leisure Services events: "Santa in the Park" Christmas Program; "Tricks and Treats on th Street"; Annual Fall Festivals; Annual Easter Egg Hunts; "AfricanAmerican History Month Celebration"; After School Tutorial Program; Summer Day Camp Program
* Provides direction to and supervises regular, temporary and volunteer staff, including selecting, monitoring, training, scheduling, determining workloads, disciplinary, and evaluation processes.
* Writes copy, creating flyers and brochures, and determines distribution methods to publicize events.
* Worked with news media to promote Leisure Services events which resulted in O&;clock Show and WLOX news stories.
THE SHOE WEARHOUSE, INC., Gulfport, MS
* Recommended and implemented store policies and procedures and oversaw daily store operations.
* Planned and executed advertising campaigns, sales promotions, store layouts and display designs.
* Assisted with the buying and pricing of sale merchandise, bookkeeping, and other financial procedures.
THE SALVATION ARMY, Hattiesburg, MS
Public Relations Intern
* Assisted in the coordination of the Hurricane Katrina Disaster Recovery and Christmas Program.
* Interviewed, counseled, and followedup with disaster victims and made needs assessments.
* Assisted with The Angel Tree Program and "Take Away a Day in May" event.
* Prepared press releases, forms, ads and other publications for the organization.
THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI OFFICE OF STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES, Hattiesburg, MS
* Assisted with and coordinated center activities and programs.
* Supervised employees tutored in English, Journalism, and Speech and facilitated study groups.
* Competed on CBS Television&;s Emmywinning competition program "The Amazing Race"
* Gulf Coast Business Council Research Foundation Masters Class
* United Way Government Division Leader Award
* Boys and Girls Club MS Gulf Coast&;s Teens Outstanding Volunteer Award
* Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. South Eastern Region President of the Year Award
* Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Outstanding Campus Involvement Award
* Southern Miss. PanHellenic Council Outstanding President Award
* Southern Miss. PanHellenic Council Outstanding Public Relations Award
* The University of Southern Mississippi Homecoming Court, Senior Maid
* Leadership Scholarship Recipient
* Dean&;s List
* Who&;s Who Among American College Students
* Boys & Girls Clubs Greater Gulf Coast Board Member
* Public Relations Association of Mississippi
* Coast Young Professionals
* Upsilon Chi Omega Graduate Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
* Pink Pearls Youth Service Group Advisor/Mentor
* Mississippi Recreation and Parks Association MRPA
* Speech Communication Association
* Lambda Sigma National Honor Society
* Order of Omega National Honor Society: Secretary
* Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.: President
* Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.: Public Relations Chair
* NAACP: Community Service Chair
* Residence Hall Association
* Student Government Association: Freshman Associates
* AfricanAmerican History Month Planning Committee: Public Relations Chair
* MS Gulf Coast Boys and Girls Club Mentor
* "It&;s a Walk in the Park" Hurricane Katrina Relief Distribution Center Volunteer
* The Salvation Army Tutor
* Operating Systems: Windows Vista/XP/ME/
* Software Expertise: Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access
* Desktop publishing and basic graphic arts
TRAINING / CERTIFICATIONS
* Certified by the Emergency Management Institute in the following NIMS Courses: ICS , ICS , ICS , ICS , ICS , ICS , ICS , ICS , ICS , ICS