[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
R O B E R T O E. M A D R A Z O E S T R A D A
Chandler Drive, Landenberg, PA
Office: ..; Cell: ..; email:
|Executive Management |
|Classical Marketing Strategic Planning Multicultural Competencies |
Highly accomplished visionary Executive with domestic and international experience in
marketing, retail merchandising, P&L management, brand positioning, licensing, and strategic
planning for growth and startup organizations. Results oriented, decisive leader with proven
success in new market identification, strategic thinking and problem solving. Proven track record
of increasing sales, market share, and profitability. Possessing the experience and ability to
successfully navigate through ambiguous situations by quickly assimilating business problems
and proposing solutions; and to create, develop and manage multidisciplinary teams for
AstraZeneca – Wilmington, Delaware
• Sr. Director Global Marketing Dapagliflozin Aug. – Nov.
• Sr. Director Healthcare Professional HCP Onglyza Sept. – Aug.
• Director Multicultural Competencies
Feb. – Sept.
Serve to lead the creation of a $.b and $.b diabetes brands Dapagliflozin & Saxagliptin.
Dapagliflozin: Leading Operational Planning activities for the Alliance Brand Strategy Plans, Financial
Operating Plans, Phase b LCM strategy, Chair the Alliance COT meetings, developing all Branding
initiatives, market segmentation and the planning and execution of Congresses. Onglyza saxagliptin:
Led AZ’s Commercial initiatives to define the brand’s US positioning and prelaunch strategy, including
messaging, market segmentation and gotomarket strategy. Assessed investment viability and business
rationale from an economic, spend, sales, and ROI perspective.
Selected to senior staff of Marketing Strategy Lead Team MSLT. Led the integration of Multicultural
Competencies MCC as a new skill across brand teams for Nexium, Crestor, Arimidex, Symbicort and
Seroquel. Provided MCC thought leadership to the organization including the US Leadership Team and
Brand Marketing. Serve as company’s leading expert and “voice” on multicultural issues, trends and
opportunities both internally to senior management and externally across multicultural communities.
• Lead Commercial initiatives for launch of Onglyza in the US on August ‘.
• Developed cuttingedge data: first view of prescribing activity specific for MCC patient
• Achieved Nexium growth in Hispanic mkt. of .%, outpacing general market growth of
• Elected to the board of the AstraZeneca executive committee Leading Externally Team.
• Embedded MCC marketing in top five brands: Nexium, Crestor, Arimidex, Symbicort and
Target Corporation – Minneapolis, Minnesota
• Sr. Group Manager, Marketing June – Jan.
• Multicultural Merchandising Director Nov. – June
Serve to run a $. billion market segment by developing a comprehensive way of managing Target
Stores in order to provide the products consumers want, by identifying opportunities through demographic
changes in the US, and developing a sustainable strategy that profitably and dependably delivers the best
Provide multicultural vision and strategy to the merchandising and marketing pyramids in order to identify
the highpotential market segments, develop and execute line assortments that meet customer’s wants &
needs, company financial goals and align MCM, the Diversity Committee and Marketing initiatives to the
Target Brand identity. Identify, evaluate and create assortment lines based on consumer research and
recognized Field opportunities. Develop store programs designed to attract and enhance the customer
• Obtained sales of $. million, which represents an increase of .% vs. YAG.
• Reduced Guest Relations complaints of MCM assortments by .%.
• Developed and drafted Spanish Communication strategy, which resulted in savings of $,.
• Led coordinated efforts between Merchandising, Diversity Committee, Marketing and CR.
• Sourced new multicultural product lines in Toys, Consumables, HBRx and Entertainment.
• Increased instocks of African American dolls from .% in FY’ to % in FY’.
• Created the Target Hispanic Network comprised of active team members.
Home Shopping Espa„ol, HSN – St. Petersburg, Florida. Apr. – Oct.
Vice President/ General Manager
Serve as General Manager of a $ million Home Shopping Network operation accountable for a
multidisciplinary team of employees including merchandising, marketing, operations, broadcast and
Reporting to the CEO, the VP/GM was a key executive position recruited to rebuild a distressed business
and to provide strategic initiatives, define the vision and build consensus internally, evaluate existing talent
and raise performance standards, assess and restructure the organization. Develop plans to support HSE’s
overall retail strategy as it relates to Merchandising, Programming, Broadcasting, Marketing and
Distribution. Identify and manage compelling new business venture strategies. Ability to inspire, lead and
• Stabilized current business process curtailing moral issues/ decreased Operating Expenses.
• Improved dollars per home dph by % from $. to $. during the period Q vs. LY.
• Reduced Call Center expenses by . points: actual .%; “windows” strategy %.
• Negotiated new distribution w/ Univisi–n, representing additional revenue stream of $. mil.
• Managed and supervised the process of termination and closing of the HSE business.
WalMart Stores, Inc. Bentonville, Arkansas. Jan. – Mar.
Vice President, Marketing
Serve to lead international marketing directors, and manage an annual marketing budget of $+
Responsible for all International marketing activities including marketing strategy, advertising
communication, media plans, market research and the development of marketing plans for countries.
Accountable for staffing, strategic direction, and training of international marketing teams. Demonstrate
the ability to lead senior officers in foreign markets through influence and skill. Recommend global brand
building strategies to senior management at HQ & provide direction to country presidents.
• Created a Marketing Excellence Program that generated media efficiencies of $. million.
• Developed new store signing and supplier base, resulting in annual savings of $. million.
• Managed the conversion of Aurrer to Supercenters in Mexico, generating % comp increase.
• Planed and executed three International Associate Conferences for over associates.
The CocaCola Company – Atlanta, Georgia. Feb. – Nov.
Licensing Manager, Marketing
Serve to manage the licensing program for CocaCola trademarks on nonsoft drink consumer products for
Latin America and Africa. Directed the creative design process for eight product categories from concept
to finished product, managing all consumer communication programs, package design, and store displays.
• Increased royalty revenues by % in year one, and by % in year two.
Kellogg de Centro Am‰rica, S.A. – Guatemala, CA. Jun. – Oct.
Sr. Brand Manager May – Jan.
Serve as Sr. Brand Manager for operations in Central America/ Dominican Republic for the company’s
three main brands which represented % of gross sales: Corn Flakes, Frosted Flakes and Fruit Loops.
Espouse full responsibility for reaching financial goals of $ million, prepare analysis of P&L’s by brand
Master of Business Administration Degree
Monterey Institute of International Studies Monterey, California.
Major: International Management International Marketing Emphasis.
Bachelor of Science Degree
University of Denver Denver, Colorado.
Major: Business Administration.