[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Mobile: + Home: +
Country of Residence: Thailand +hrs GMT
James is qualified to assist enterprises in GILT Globalization, Internationalization, Localization, Translation; Localization Model, Strategy & Process Development; Content Authoring & Management; Corporate Sales & Business Development; Software & Web Development Best Practices; plus other related disciplines.
Currently he is Solutions Development Manager with EQHO Communications, one of Asia&;s leading translation and localization firms. James has worked for premier educational organizations and marketing and salesfocused companies directing strategy development, program implementation and evaluation on behalf of his clients. He has also gained years consulting experience in the UK and throughout Asia. James&; background positions him as a dealmaker and director of many localizationfocused projects due to a profound understanding of localization industry and an ability to deliver solutions that meet client goals, whilst balancing the realities of production to achieve predictable and quantifiable results. He can sell large solutions and help implement them successfully.
James takes an innovative approach to solving business problems and seizing new opportunities. Since he has worked with organizations from Asia, Europe, the UK and the US, he can address business issues from a global perspective.
Years Localization Consulting Experience
James regularly consults with management and operators to develop localization solutions that have repeatedly solved technical or process problems whilst achieving client businessdriven goals. This has included but is not limited to:
Localization Model & Strategy Development, Localization Standards, Best Practices & Tool Usage, DevelopmenttoLocalization Process Definition, Partner Identification & Integration, GMS & CMS Technology Integration, Software Localization & Testing, Website Localization & Testing, Document Translation, Multimedia Localization, Multilingual Desktop Publishing & Printing, Testing & QA
Year eMarketing Consulting Experience
James directed efforts to address emarketing strategy development in order to strengthen brands in existing markets, establish brands in emerging markets, identify partnerships, etc. He assisted clients by developing integrated emarketing solutions, some of which included:
Advertising, Affiliate Marketing, Customer Conversion, Domain Name Protection/Acquisition, Email Marketing, eMarketing Plan Development, ePR, Search Engine Marketing SEO & PPC, Strategic Linking, Web Development
Years Training Consulting Experience
James collaborated with stakeholders to address specific language, cultural and management development issues through blended learning solutions and managed ,+ hours of training.
Communication Skills, CrossCultural Communication, Globalization, International Conference Protocol, Oral Presentations, Problem Solving Skills, Negotiating, Technical, Thesis & Report Writing Skills, other management development courses
Present: EQHO Communications Ltd. Sales Consultant; promoted to Senior Localization Consultant; promoted to Solutions Development Manager:
James has frequently been referred to as an "A" type sales consultant. Some of his accomplishments include:
* Closing the largest deal in the Company&;s history ~$,
* Winning the largest ongoing client in the Company&;s history ~$M per annum
* Being consistently over quota sometimes by % per year
* Having his accounts contribute to over % of the entire company revenues
* Growing a local account into a lucrative global agreement
* Hiring, managing, motivating and mentoring a small team of localization consultants
* Being the driving force behind integrating technologybased solutions into the Company portfolio
* Introducing innovative clientfacing reporting methodologies that outline tactical and strategic goal achievement against a predetermined framework of criteria
* Changing the behavior of production staff/management to be more clientfocused by empowering them to be more handson
* Conceptualizing and implementing valueadded services such as internationalization consulting
* Heading up the rebranding and repositioning process to transform the Company from an MLVfocused business model to working with more lucrative, direct clients
* Managing the development of all aspects of a corporate website, including writing copy, based on how the Company should be positioned to attract a particular type of client
* Developing and executing a marketing and sales strategy to win a large base of elearning clients to support the funding and development of inhouse audio studios
* Closing deals for sales representatives through solutions architecture and technical sales support
* Recommending structural changes, including new senior management positions, to support and strengthen the Company in line with the strategic direction
* Providing strategic insight into new service development and current service enhancement
* Continuing recommendations that make Company stronger and more clientfocused.
: eThailand.com / eMarketingAsia.com Regional Sales Director: Established sales, marketing, project management system; performed domestic/regional sales; consulted with clients; managed local, regional and global emarketing campaigns.
: IDP Education Australia National Marketing Manager: Realized % growth for the organization within months; brought the organization into profitability; managed ,+ hours of training during the growth period; developed and executed an effective strategy during the `Asian crisis&;; liaised with AUSAid, the ADB and the UN amongst others.
: Text & Talk Consultancy Senior Sales Executive / Team Leader: Recruited, trained, managed and motivated a team of expatriate and Thai sales consultants to exceed personal/company revenue targets; managed ,+ hours of EFL training per year.
Localization Domain Expertise
Throughout James&; years in the localization industry he has constantly read articles, research papers, case studies, white papers and technical documents; attended training sessions; and collaborated with his peers to acquire new knowledge and skills.
* Current trends and innovations in the GILT industry and IT/BP offshoring
* Key drivers in vertical target markets
* Localization model development and workflow optimization
* Globalization Management Systems and Content Management Systems
* Translation Memory Systems and ComputerAided Translation technologies
* Content authoring, controlled English, document publishing best practices
* Standards such as LISA&;s TMX, TBX and SRX, and OASIS&; XLIFF
* XML best practices and integration
* Development practices for software, Web . apps, websites, multimedia, documentation
* Globalization and internationalization best practices
* Quantifiable goal identification and reporting
* Thorough understanding of all production disciplines, including Ln engineering, testing and QA
What Management, Partners & Clients Say about James
"I have had the pleasure of working with James since he joined eMarketing Asia Ltd. in . He is the embodiment of sales professionalism, having detailed knowledge of the localization industry and the ability to structure our service offerings so as to best meet the particular needs of each client. James is dedicated, diligent, and works to a standard of excellence that is truly exemplary. He is able to comprehend a multitude of details in the context of a broad perspective, and that insight enables him to make recommendations that continually improve EQHO both internally and with regard to our client relationships. Aside from workrelated skills, James is simply a good human being and I value his acquaintance highly." Ross Klinger, Managing Director, EQHO Communications Ltd
"James has come across as the most knowledgeable Sales Manager in the Localization Industry in South East Asia. I interacted very closely with James while we were chasing a multimillion dollar eLearning deal covering six Asian languages with the largest European Retail Chain in Thailand. His account mapping skills are marvelous and always strive for winwin relationship. I have no hesitation in recommending him for any position in Localization Industry." Mohan Krishna Jonna, COO/President, The Boston Group
"James has been the prime salesperson in EQHO during the time I had the privilege to work intensely there, both with sales and general management issues. James is one of the most competent individuals in the localisation industry. He has an indepth knowledge of the technical issues in localisation and can find improvement areas for each client to save them effort and money in their projects. James is very friendly, eager to broaden his knowledge and a good communicator, whether he talks to operators, senior management or CEO. It&;s a pleasure to recommend him for sales jobs in general and for localisation issues specifically." Bjorn Ekenvall, Owner, RoE
"James has proved time and again that he is an extremely dedicated and hardworking individual who strives for perfection, is passionate about his industry, and is never happy unless his clients are % satisfied. He has an incredible approach to his work, is always contactable, approachable and ready to listen. His area of expertise is vast and he communicates this knowledge in a personable way with a sense of humour that never fails to put the client at ease. I look forward very much to continuing my working relationship with James and would certainly recommend EQHO, largely due to my faith in James and his ability to get the job done in an efficient, fussfree manner; with a smile." Laura Chesters, Production Manager, Agoda