Director National Grocery Team – Safeway, Fresh & Easy Jan – July
Developed Safeway to new heights by securing new distribution, driving sales on creative shopper
marketing programs and enhancing customer relationship development.
• Drove Safeway revenue from $ million to $ million within years.
• led the Safeway team to be first account in the country to kick off Dial Men’s body wash/bar
• Successfully integrated Fresh & Easy into the Dial portfolio in , gaining items in
• received Top Individual Sales Award, received Excellence in Customer Marketing
Director Sales Operations, Special Markets–Target, Kmart, Drug, Club/Dollar Jan – Dec
Assisted Senior VP in the management of the Special Markets Division, driving all facets of the business.
• Achieved sales forecast within the given guidelines of +/ %.
• Supervised and developed the Drug/Specialty Channel Sales Planning Manager.
• Coordinated sales forecasts, developed annual budgets, communicated and supported diversity
plan and cofacilitated training workshops.
Managing Director Puerto Rico – Walmart, Costco, Grocery July – Dec
International experience residing in Puerto Rico, managed and directed a diverse team of employees,
while successfully succeeded in enhancing relationship with distributor, Ballester Hermanos.
• Controlled Puerto Rico’s largest expense, trade spending to come in below % of revenues. First
time in DialPuerto Rico’s history that controls were implemented to monitor and control trade
• Restructured Dial Puerto Rico by hiring and training qualified individuals, in addition to realigning
the past organizational structure to maximize Puerto Rico potential and improve distributor
• Implemented new distribution drive amongst all channels, securing new points of distribution.
• Embarked upon an aggressive program aligning Puerto Rico policies and procedures with US
Director Sales Specialty Personal Care – Walmart, Club, Drug, Grocery Sept – June
Managed over $ million in Dial Corporation specialty business including Sarah Michaels, Freeman and
Nature’s Accents health and beauty care products.
• Achieved $. million in incremental revenue driving key initiatives for Holiday and Valentine’s
• Boosted new distribution gaining new points, exceeding distribution losses by a to factor.
• Achieved cost to sell below budget with a savings of .%.
• Led, developed and motivated direct report Region Business Managers throughout US, in
addition to key broker contacts in the Western and Eastern regions.
Director Sales ISC – Mass, Drug, Department, Prestige and Specialty Stores Nov – Aug
Managed broker network and direct sales for ISC International, fully owned Dial subsidiary and
manufacturer of specialty soaps, located in Guatemala.
• Led the development for an alternate channel – Department, Prestige, and Specialty Stores with
specialty bar soaps and candles, which also expanded into aromatherapy and liquid development.
• Launched new business into key driver accounts including JCPenney, Saks and Bath & Body
• Secured new Private Label business on soaps to include Costco, Target and PharMor.