[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Lama Bou.D. Address: Milano Pl. Pomona, CA
I am seeking a challenging opportunity that will allow me to apply my Food & Nutrition degree, linguistic abilities, and my nursing degree in a career that will fulfill my internal need to help others improve their lives.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona CA
Baccalaureate of Science, Foods & Nutrition Dietetics sub plan
Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut CA
Associate in Arts Language and Communication
Associate in Arts Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Associate in Arts Social and Behavioral Sciences
Other Certifications and Licenses:
College Reading and Learning Association CRLA Tutoring Certificate
Certified Tutor Level I
Republic of Lebanon: Ministry of Public Health General Directorate
License to practice the profession of Nurse in Lebanon
Big and Little, Inc. Toy and Jewelry company Chino Hills, CA October
Customer Service and Data Entry:
As a customer service and data entry representative my job was to promote the toys sold by Big and Little to the French and European market. My job was to translate product description from English to French, posted products on Amazon.com, to receive shipping orders and responding to customer calls and emails.
Mt. San Antonio College Tutoring Department April May
Under the guidance of the Mt San Antonio Tutoring Department, I provided assistance to college students by tutoring them in French and Arabic. My duties ranged from leading study groups and providing personal teaching sessions to correcting exams and assisting professors achieve their goals.
Rafiq Hariri University Hospital Beirut, Lebanon
Assisted RNs and Doctors in their daily duties of taking care of the patients on the pediatrics floor.
Hemline Hospital Hammana, Lebanon
Assisted RNs and Doctors in their daily duties of taking care of the patients on the E.R, ICU, and CCU Floors.
INTERNSHIP & Volunteer Work
WIC Women, Infants and Children Pomona, CA October June
* Training Women and counseling them on the proper food choices to promote healthy food and healthy lifestyle for pregnant and low income women.
* Providing presentation based on Market options to prove the effects of unhealthy food.
* Collecting and giving the WIC coupons to make sure that women are buying what is recommended.
* Provided care to children in the daycare facility present at the facility.
Cal Poly Pomona Pomona, CA January June
Volunteer Mentor for Nutrition Department
* Planning, documenting and executing weekly programs and activities with team members.
* Helping new students on understand rules and regulations. As well as assisting them in navigating and planning their college career.
* Updating New students with new nutrition information
* Presenting at Community Colleges and explaining to future students what to expect as Nutrition major at CSU Pomona.
Cal Poly Pomona Pomona, CA January June
Head Kitchen Volunteer for Food and Nutrition Club
* Planning, and Preparing Nutritious lunch for people
* Modifying original recipes to TLC and DASH diet.
* Preparing budget and waste forms.
Cal Poly Pomona Los Olivos Dining Facility Pomona, CA March June
* Assisted kitchen staff in preparing food for students as part of the requirement for my classes.
* Cutting, cleaning, and preparing food for breakfast and lunch.
* Preparing budgets and waste forms.
Cal Poly Pomona Pomona, CA
Volunter at The Department of Human Nutrition and Food Science Graduate Program
* Working with graduate students at The Fish Oil Research
* Finding volunteers to do the experiment. Males age from until .
* Meeting with the volunteers and the dermatologist each month to see the progress.
Computer: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Advanced knowledge in Excel including the Data Analysis Pack, pivot table, and charts and Acrobat
Language: Arabic, English, & French
HONORS and Awards
Member of the Phi Upsilon Omicron, Beta Psi Chapter, The National Honor Society in Family and Consumer Sciences.
Certificate of Appreciation from the Mt. San Antonio College Tutorial Services
Certificate of Appreciation for being President of the Mt. San Antonio College French Club
Certificate of Appreciation as ICC representative