Resume for Shanta B. for Other in Houston, Texas
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
SHANTA Y. B.
Resultsdriven professional with progressive experience in administration and
communications; I have proven management skills to drive efficient and professional
Summary of Qualifications
Proven competence in office administration and support services with the ability to empower others
and foster cohesive business environments. Delivers outstanding results which leads to increased levels
of responsibility and recognition.
Demonstrates a highlevel proficiency with various computer software to include; Windows, Microsoft
Word, Excel, SAP, SharePoint, ADP, PowerPoint, MS Dos, Outlook, Adobe InDesign, Quick books,
Vegas ., HR software, and types wpm.
BAYLOR UNIVERSITY, Waco, TX
Bachelor of Arts Degree: Digital Media
Minor: Communication Studies
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Network Account Relations, Houston, Texas
• Provide customer service for commercial accounts and assist endusers with questions related to
billing, contracts, service orders Ê
• Resolve customer problems and provide techsupport through phone and via email in regards to
• Manage multiple jobs and accountable for accuracy, I ensure timely delivery of assignments by
keeping up with service orders and new account cutover’s.
• Coordinate regularly with other Logix departments to identify and resolve issue, also organize
and coordinate field personnel dispatches for trouble resolution while creating relationships with
• Followedup regularly with customers in maintaining their desktop computing environment as
well as recommend supported software applications to endusers.
• Maintained daily records and database containing customers account information regarding
contracts, orders, expedites, service agreements, invoices, equipment and circuit I.D. records.
• Prepare weekly reports and create orders and event tickets to distribute throughout departments.
• Provide customer service to clients throughout the Texas and Oklahoma area.
Allied Waste National Accounts
Data Analyst, Houston, Texas
• Helped compile and maintained records of company reports and compactor information.
• Worked closely with the orders department. Maintained relationships with vendor/subcontractors
to retrieve tonnage information for records and company use.
• Placed orders online and over the phone with vendors.
• Schedule Vendor meet appointments
• Coordinate truck compactor pickups
• Managed four employees and assisted them with department assignments and projects.
• Collect and entered data into spreadsheets and updated vendor contact list information.
• Procured memos and correspondence while managing, maintaining and updating company data.
Planned Community Management Inc, PCMI
Human Resources Administrative Assistant and Recruiter, Houston, Texas
* Worked in Property Management where I maintained client paperwork for the Homeowners
Association while providing customer support for homeowners in the Harris and Fort Bend county
* Facilitated corporate mandated trainings to all employees.
* Assisted with interviewing for new hires.
* Answered telephones needed providing information to clients, customers and associates as
* Completed reference checks, backgrounds, Everify, drug screens, employment verifications in
accordance with company policies.
* Screened potential employees in the interview and hiring process. Also ensured that system records
were accurately recorded.
* Assure compliance with all policies explained in company’s handbook.
* Assisted with employee payroll and managed subdivision amenities to help improve property
Capital One Bank
Collections Sales Consultant, Houston, Texas
• Provided customer service for Finance company who markets and manage subprime credit
• Responsible for A/R and collections in support of credit collections department concerning client
• Managed over five customer care representatives in a professional call center environment.
• Offered a broad array of credit, savings and loan products to customers from all over the United
• Approved and issued credit cards to customers with challenged credit histories
• Experience in financial assistance and collections in accounts payable.
Baylor University Athletic Media Dept. Video/Audio services
Production Assistant Internship, Waco, Texas
• Implemented Video and Audio tapes for Baylor’s football program.
• Maintained multimedia tapes for head coaches and professional recruiters in NCAA & professional
• Managed preproduction duties. Worked on the sports set and positioned lights, changed fixtures.
Helped operate teleprompter. Painted props and set background printed digital files to illustrate
pictures around set.
• Provided supported to the coordinator in wiring and media equipment set up on the field to prepare for
Athletic game days.
City of Waco Parks and Recreation Department
Event Coordinator, Waco, Texas
• Assisted the supervisor in facilitating various sport programs in the athletic department for the city
of Waco Parks and Recreation department.
• Maintained bookkeeping and oversee all logistics for the recreational department events.
• Solicited venue rental information through social networks i.e. Facebook, MySpace to generate
in new revenue.
• Developed, and planned new procedures and activities for the youth recreation program.
• Coordinated the logistics within the city of Waco Parks and Recreation athletic department that
include registrations, catering, reservations and travel arrangements for students and staff.
• Helped arrange and setup multimedia equipment, tables, announcements, lighting and vendor food
& beverage stations for local acts and sporting events.
• Made sure event venues were prepared and ready for day of activities.
Baylor University Athletic Scholarship recipient
Inducted into the Baylor “B” Association for Athletics three consecutive years
Member of B Alumni Club
Gold Rush Youth Sports Coordinator & Coach
Baylor Women’s Network Association
Track & Field NCAA AllAmerican Honors
BIG Athletic Conference Inductee
City of Waco Parks and Recreation Youth Coach of the Year
Waco Food for the poor
Southwest Community Baptist Church Youth Track & Basketball CoachVolunteer
Recipient, LOGIX Tech Support Award
LOGIX Employee of the Quarter
JDRF Volunteer Junior Diabetes Research Foundation
Nonprofit fundraiser Volunteer various organizations
Rena Broussard/ Former Colleague Wells Fargo Bank
Yolanda Murray/ Relative AT&T
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!