[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Resume of C. Yau Yoke Wah
Status : Single / Female / Malaysian
D.O. B : th April
Contact: , +
* MBA in Business Administration from University of Western Sydney year to , GPA is . out of ., awarded as the best student for the Strategic Marketing subject by university together with Clemenger Communication one of the biggest marketing services company in Australia. Also awarded by Kemayan ATC as the Best MBA Student for year and Winner of Chancellor Challenge Trophy.
* Certificate of Honors Program in NetworkCentered Computing HNC from NIIT Malaysia MSC status, May to Dec .
* Honors Degree of Business Administration nd Upper from Universiti Utara Malaysia to awarded with Kuok Foundation Scholarship, champion team in the rd InterVarsity Debate.
* Training attended inclusive of Executive Presentation Skills, Negotiation, Project Management, EQ, Creativity, Influencing Skill, Problem Solving, Responsive to Conflict, Business Process Improvement, Managing and Flexing Communication Style, Trust at the Speed of Work and Customer ValueBased Pricing.
Professional Business Experience & Key Success Attributes
* Sixteen years of extensive hands on ICT sales and marketing experience in the Asia Pacific region in the area of BB marketing, brand and product marketing, business development, channel marketing & sales management, CRM, social media marketing, PR, consumer marketing and merchandising, brand store etc.
* Have comprehensive business experiences in SMB, channel, consumer/online & retail segment as well as worked in distributor, vendor, network operator and manufacturer environment.
* Key success attributes inclusive of as a thinker and also a doer, always challenge the comfort zone, entrepreneur minded and resultoriented, team player, multitasker, persistent & resilient, and meticulous. A survivor in fastpaced and competitive environment.
* Read and write language proficiency in English, Mandarin, Bahasa Malaysia / Indonesia, Korean & Arabic language beginner, numerous Chinese dialects.
SUMMARY OF SPECIALITIES
* Best of breed marketing program, execution with excellent attainment of KPI and ROI.
* Analysis based and creative demand generation program thru database marketing for SMB, consumer, enterprise as well as online; follow up with call center inside sales activity and using Sales Force tool to track and monitor healthy funnel.
* Brand and product / category management, product life cycle management, new product launch readiness, penetration and exit pricing strategy.
* Gotomarket strategy for matured and developing countries, channel marketing and sales management, consumer demand generation program.
* Online EPenetration and social media marketing for retailer, online demand generation.
* Project management, cross functional & geo collaboration US, India, APJ, Anz.
* Proven regional management performance in Apac inclusive of sales & marketing, event & PR, CLevel Marketing, product management & online marketing.
* Proven record to thrive even in a startup environment to start from scratch.
Position & Reporting to
Skills set / Responsibility
Achievement & Contribution
Jan till present
Hong Kong Sa Sa
PR & Marketing Director
Country Head/ Senior Vice President
Expansion, winning strategy for this Asia top beauty retail chain,
To launch the CRM prg.
private label category management,
Social Media marketing & PR strategy.
Key media and product launch events, marketing plan for in house and international beauty products brands, lead CRM project customer relationship program, strengthen PR and social media.
Sept. to Jan
Lead of Nationwide Managed Retailer
Channel marketing, retention and expansion,
Retailer & distributor engagement model,
Consumer demand generation strategy;
Social media marketing for retailers.
Won All Star Award twice during first year of service, constantly overachieved quarterly target and grew high revenue sku i.e. Win Pro & Office Home & Business revenue YoY % and % respectively.
Jan to Sept
South Asia Senior Marketing Manager
for notebook, desktop, server & software
South Asia Brand Director
Database marketing for SMB, online & consumer
Category management new product launch readiness, Product Life cycle management, affiliate marketing; Market Development Fund managementIntel, Microsoft, Trend Micro
Sales promotion, pricing,
Branding, PR, messaging
SMB pipeline generation,
Social media marketing;
Cross functional & cultural leadership;
C level Executive Briefing Centre speaker
Awarded twice & Asean Marketing Award for Outstanding Performance and Lasting Contribution; recognized for best of breed marketing strategy in South Asia with excellent marketing program KPI and ROI; turn around the nonprofitable SBU in less than weeks; drive online revenue contribution from %>% in less than years; winning grow market share strategy, blue ocean strategy in the red ocean environment.
Oct to Jan
Marketing Manager for Asia Pacific
Asia Pacific Marketing Director
Brand building & PR strategy for Asian countries;
BB & CLevel mktg;
Cross country big scale event & trade show;
Brand survey, APAC agency management.
Proven successful regional trade show / event / PR activities in Singapore, India, Philippines, Msia, Vietnam, Laos, Indonesia, Pakistan, Thailand, and Australia; successful CTO events in Sydney & Msia; YoY enhanced brand value based on survey.
May to Oct
First Mobile Group
Samsung mobile phone sole distributor
Head of Brand Samsung mobile phone
Senior Vice President
BC & BB marketing;
Channel marketing, out of box channel stickiness strategy, channel conflict management;
Product life cycle management & product marketing;
Consumer event, road show, affiliate program, survey;
CRM Customer Relationship Management
Flagship brand store
Corporate sales & mktg.
Speedy market penetration from % market share to no. in less than years thru hybrid model; increased % of sales within months; managing more than K active retailers; proven successful brand building strategy with strategic service strategy for good customer experience, proven successful GoToMarket model with launching sales record of K units in one day, proven successful corporate alliance programs with government agencies & top foreign & local banks, the st mobile banking prg; flagship brand stores etc.
Comit Communication Technologies M Sdn Bhd
Motorola mobile phone distributor
Assistant Manager Sales & Marketing
Deputy General Manager
Channel alliance program with telco operators and Motorola;
Nationwide channel sales management, geo expansion, channel retention;
Increased revenue YoY three times higher within three months by launching of Motorola Channel Alliance Programs with the top telco operators i.e. Mobikom, Celcom, DiGi & Maxis to outdo the other six distributors, recruitment of active top retailers; launched in house brand of phone accessories to diversify the portfolio.
May to March
Channel Sales and Marketing Executive
Head of Marketing
Pioneer who set up the corporate sales and alternative channel dept. & southern regional office;
Consumer promotion programs with Nokia, Motorola & SonyEricsson; Channel enablement and readiness.
Successful consumer promotion with Nokia& Motorola accelerated the goal attainment of st K subscribers; successfully setting up of regional office with sales achievement above target %; successful setting up of alternative channel which eventually contributed % of total sales.
* Continuous learning in the area related to my job, to attend course, webinar, seminar and exhibition. Traveling, classical music & sport, charity and save the earth activities.
* Read & write English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin.
* Speak all the above plus Cantonese, Korean beginner, Arabic beginner and Chinese dialects i.e. Hakka and Hokkian.
* Always in the driver&;s seat to take full responsibility for my career and life experience; do not give excuses but develop action plans to make goals happen.
* Matured, resourceful, highly selfmotivated, resultdriven and out of the box thinking.
* Persistent and resilient, like to take up new challenges and responsibilities.
* Excellent leadership and people management skills, able to work with all levels.
* Quick learner, hardworking, good work ethic, honest and persevere.
* Ability to see the big picture yet meticulous.
* A team player.
* A multitasker who is capable of solving problem promptly and creatively in short time.
* A survivor in competitive, intense pressure and fastpaced environment.
* One month.