[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Mount Vernon Road, Charleston, West Virginia, , ,
Areas of Expertise
Works well in a group
West Virginia University Morgantown, West Virginia
B.S. in Journalism, May
Dean&;s List Spring and Fall of .
P.I. Reed School of Journalism, West Virginia University January present. This class teaches students how to write for the media. We are asked to find stories in newspapers and imitate them.
I interviewed several girls who are going to Honduras to volunteer. After the interviews I wrote a lead and later produced a whole story article.
We also have a portion of the class dedicated to grammar and punctuation. Every week I do assessments on different areas of grammar usage.
* Public Relations
* West Virginia University August December . This was a beginners Public Relations class where we were put into groups and learned how to function as partners, write press releases, and plan and conduct events.
* I designed a logo and slogan for a campaign and wrote out plans for numerous events as well as press releases.
* I presented my group&;s work on several occasions which taught me to be comfortable speaking in front of a group.
* Morgantown, West Virginia Fall of present.
* PRSSA is a national public relations club for students of journalism. We plan events and go to annual public relations conferences.
* I was a team member for the Valentine&;s Day Fashion Show to fundraise money for the Boys and Girls Club. I worked with media advertisement and recruited volunteers to model, style, and do makeup.
* I will be attending the National Spring Conference at Penn State in March of .
* Phi Sigma Pi
* Morgantown, West Virginia Spring of present.
* Phi Sigma Pi is a National Honor Fraternity at West Virginia University. The three main ideas are scholarship, leadership, and fellowship.
* We do community service while learning the basics in becoming successful in society.
* This is challenging because it is very time and effort consuming. However, Phi Sigma Pi has given me a lot of support and shown me a lot of opportunities in the community.
* Barack Obama Campaign
* Charleston, West Virginia Fall of
* I worked as a volunteer on the Barack Obama Campaign after school and during the weekends during the Fall of .
* I answered phones and talked to potential voters by answering their questions and giving them additional information.
* I registered early voters.
* On Election Day I held up signs and went door to door talking to people in different districts and asking them to vote.
* Charleston Teen Board
* Charleston, West Virginia
* I auditioned and was chosen to be one of twenty five Teen Board Members. We did community service and modeled for mall events.
* My weekly responsibilities varied from modeling clothes in mall fashion shows or for catalogues to handing out coupons to customers. I always had to keep an upbeat attitude and be helpful and polite to customers.
* There were very many volunteer opportunities I took advangage of such as reading to children and handing out candy at the mall for Halloween. Working with children as often as I did gave me a great deal of patience experience and compassion.
Charleston, West Virginia June August
My job was to help people find video games and help them make their purchases. I also had duties to clean the store in the morning and at night before I left.
This was a challenging job because I didn&;t know anything about video games and I would have to do outside research to understand what my costumers were asking.
Member of the Appalachian Children&;s Choir.
Founding member of the Young Women&;s Leadership Club at George Washington High School.
Drama Club and Young Democrats in High School.
Dean&;s list in the Spring of and Fall of .
Member of PRSSA at West Virginia University Fall of and Spring of .
Team member for the Boys and Girls Club Fashion Show put on by PRSSA at West Virginia University.
Young Democrats at West Virginia University beginning in the Fall of .