Resume for Paul M. for Executive Manager / Printing & Publishing in Dublin, Ireland
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Goatstown Road, Goatstown, Dublin , Ireland
Mobile: + , Email:
I am a trusted print & packaging industry professional with a very strong technical & commercial
awareness, right across the industry. I like people and am a great communicator. My problem solving
skills are excellent and are based on an ability to understand technical and business issues and
simplify them for others. With strong organisational skills, I am able to plan, prioritise and manage my
time and that of others.
My drive and reputation has given me the opportunity to work with many different successful
organisations. A belief in my abilities and a desire to develop an organisation’s potential has always
been the key to my success. I have a clean licence and significant computer skills, both with Mac &
PC. I have no issues with travel.
I am essentially technically oriented with wide and successful handson management experience in
design print & packaging technologies. I have been successful with several major projects, at various
levels and have gained enormous experience in wide range of innovative technical and business
disciplines. I have a great deal to offer.
MAK FASTENER SPECIALISTS GROUP
Aug. – Dec.
Tallaght, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Mak Fasteners are the leading suppliers of fasteners, accessories and lifting solutions for insulated
metal roofing & cladding industries throughout Ireland and the US. The company was engaged in a
period of expansion, when I was asked to join them.
Job Title: Group General Manager
Successfully manage and develop the company and its facilities in a manner that was in the interest
of the CEO, the company, the staff and the customers
In House Training
FçS Safe Pass
• Comprehensive day to day management for the company and the customers.
• Deputised for the Managing Director, when he travelled abroad.
• Experience in hiring, coaching, mentoring and counselling staff. Conflict management and
• Redeveloped and published the Group’s Health & Safety manual.
• Project management skills. Sourced the land, advised on design and monitored construction
of a €m purpose built twentyfirst century facility in Tallaght, Dublin. Worked with professional
teams to develop and produce layouts, infrastructure & design in the company’s interest.
• Supplier management, negotiation and facilitation skills.
• Managed the maintenance, DOEs, documentation, vehicle and driver records for fourteen
vehicles in the fleet.
• Responsible for restocking between depots in Tyrone, Cork and Dublin and preparations for
National and International deliveries.
• The introduction records under ‘Reach’ guidelines.
• Developed the Corporate Identity and design for the new operation in the States.
• Maintained waste disposal/recycling records, which were externally audited.
• Corporate/company letter writing and communications.
• Review and adjustment or update of all SOPs within the company.
ORCHARD PRESS LIMITED
Goatstown, Dublin, Ireland
Orchard Press had a comprehensive range of products and services within the commercial print &
packaging industry in Ireland. It operated in a variety of sectors, from Government Agencies, Financial
Services, NotforProfit, Pharmaceutical and the Retail Sectors. It was also a market leader in pre
press and plate making for the Lithographic and Flexible Packaging Industry.
Job Title: CEO
To manage the company in a manner that was in the interest of the company, the customers and the
In House Training/Awards
• Higher National Diploma in Print & Packaging Administration & Production – Honours
• Trade qualified in Graphic Design, Prepress & Print technologies
• Significant competencies in IT Apple & PC
• ACCA Diploma Course in Applied Accountancy
• Ishihara Colour Certificate
• Started as an Apprentice and rose to CEO
• Sound judgment allowed me to develop, organise and monitor current & strategic
• Hired, coached, mentored and counselled staff and often customers. Trained many
apprentices to become best in their field.
• Identified customers’ needs and created quality design, commercial print, digital print and
packaging around them UCD Chaplaincy, Irish Permanent, IAWS, Superquinn, AIG, Roche
Pharmacuitals, Masterfoods, SJOG, Novartis, RHD, etc. Guided many companies through
the introduction of their corporate identities. Developed, produced and managed Share
Certificates, Annual Reports and ancillary documents for many PLCs, from photography
through to delivery.
• Supplier management, negotiation and facilitation.
• Mentored and serviced many bluechip customers, who expected integrity, security, image
• A designer and producer of paperback and case bound books, from concept to shop.
Published the first edition of “The Commitments”.
• The development of all company Standard Operating Procedures.
• One of the first to introduce a DeskTop Publishing system into the country. One of the first to
introduce PDF software into customer communications.
• A leading expert in Photopolymer Plate Making technologies, used in the production of
Flexible plastic packaging.
• The control and management of dangerous chemicals under Reach & ADR guidelines.
• MIP/ MIOP – Member of the Institutes of Paper, Printing & Packaging.
CLARKIN LITHOGRAPHIC LIMITED
July – Aug.
Rathcoole, Co. Dublin
Clarkin Lithographic were general printers who offered Graphic Design and Full Colour Printing,
solutions to SMEs. The company were struggling with the skills necessary to capture and deliver
contracts, when I was asked to join them.
Job Title: Manager and Advisor
Responsibility for ramping up production, production management, team building, education and
mentoring the staff
• Advised the MD on tendering and won several contracts, including Vodafone and the EPA
• Relocated the company to new premises and oversaw the installation of new machinery.
• Trained and built a strong technical team and mentored them to realise new possibilities.
PROJECTS & CONSULTANTCY
Churchtown, Dublin , Ireland
Eurosurgical Limited was established in and has offices in Dublin and Belfast. The company
distributes quality surgical instrumentation and medical equipment throughout Ireland and Northern
Ireland and are experts in their field. The company is expanding and needed a Head Office and a
Job Title: Project Manager and Executive Manager
Initially to deliver a purpose built Head Office facility and to advise the CEO
• Successfully negotiated planning and finance to develop a €m facility, from concept to
construction. A protracted difficult planning application was granted within a category “A” area.
• Strong organisation and communication skills allowed me to manage a professional team and
deliver a sophisticated facility, within budget and on time.
• Responsible for relocation of operations, interior design and infrastructure.
• Supplier of the Company’s corporate identity, design, print & packaging.
• Still represent the CEO on occasion, at all levels, with substantial autonomy.
GOVERNMENT/LEINSTER HOUSE/D IL EIREANN
Dec. – July
Kildare Street, Dublin, Ireland
An Irish Government review had found serious inefficiencies in the running of the print facility for the
members of the Oireachtas in Kildare Street. A number of issues, relating to proper controls, pointed
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!