[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
I am an engaging, innovative and reliable facilitator looking to stretch and further broaden my skills in the management of the Publishing Operations field. I am capable of managing realistic workloads, staff, and delivering projects with a view to achieving quality results and sound platforms for success in fluctuating environments.
* Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation.
* Exemplary writing skills and command of language for varying audiences.
* Communicating change internal/external and business requirements to tight deadlines while developing strategy to limit impact.
* Developing and using new communication channels to increase staff engagement, e.g. development of SharePoint site to use for annual staff survey/feedback.
* Communicating industry specific data to create quality products and experiences for customers and end users.
* An early adopter of new program platforms and system skills with a desire to understand `the way things work&;.
* An innate understanding of media tools and their ability to target messages to varying audiences.
Production Coordinator LexisNexis, Chancery Lane, London
* Managing stages of the print process from manuscript, to typesetting, printing and finishing.
* Managing monthly proofing account and supply to internal and external editors.
* Participated in the implementation of PEFC certification by means of research, communicating with consultants and implementing strategies to aid smooth transition, ensuring business continuity.
* Managing project responsibilities and communicating, at both team and external supplier level, the development, user testing and education required to implement a companywide MIS system.
* Creating process documents and establishing best practices, communicating these changes to differing stakeholders across the company
* Liaising frequently with various departments from online and print editorial to content acquisition to technical development teams.
* Estimating production costs of hard copy products.
* Reporting to management regarding initiatives, changes, business continuity etc.
* Facilitating tenders to current and new suppliers.
* Writing and collating responses for internal staff and external supplier surveys.
* Communicating with external suppliers to negotiate product turnarounds, rates, deliveries and changes to schedule.
* Microsoft Office Packages Word, Excel Advanced, Outlook, PowerPoint & packages.
* Microsoft Office Visio and Microsoft Office Project .
* Adobe InDesign Beginner/Intermediate.
* FTP data transfer systems.
* SharePoint as a tool for business and internal business networking sites.
Professional Development Targets
* Project and team management.
* Developing Communication Plans.
* Innovation and Cost Management
* Media channels and emerging communication resources.
* Creative output and morale management.
* Establishing Corporate Social Responsibility values.
Career History Overview
A division of Reed Elsevier
inc. Receptionist, finance data entry, technical data entry, secretary
Madame V/Harrods Ltd.
Coowned Registered Company
Pomp & Circumstance
David Jones Ltd. Australia
Media Planner & Buyer
Zenith Media Australia
Training & Qualifications
Lexis External Course
Lexis External Course
Print Management Course
Project Management Course
using Prince II principles
LexisNexis Inhouse course
Work Experience: Theatre Marketing
Citizen&;s Theatre, Glasgow
Liz Smith Manager
Bachelor of Creative Industries Media Communications
Queensland University of Technology
Associate Diploma of Speech and Drama
Trinity College of London
via correspondence Mackay
I play netball and speednet for Lexis Nexis in the London Legal League. I also, play the piano and adore event planning, reminding me of the days I set up my own boutique company in Brisbane. I am a passionate advocate of Corporate Social Responsibility and play an active role in the Company&;s charitable Committee coordinating events.
Mr Clive Treasure Production Manager LexisNexis
Mr Ted Soudan Manager of London Looseleaf external Supplier
Further historical references are available upon request.