[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Sandy Haven Drive, Scarborough, Ontario, MW H
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEER/PROJECT MANAGER
Highly accomplished Biomedical Engineer with + years experience in hospital planning, renovating, procurement, installation and commissioning for a variety of hospitals, medical centers and healthcare facilities at the national and international level. Effective decision maker with strong project management experience overseeing multimillion dollar projects from inception to completion with contractors and other stakeholders. Expertise in general, specialty hospitals and clinics such as cancer, trauma centers and mental health facilities. Familiar with asset management database programs with excellent business planning and troubleshooting abilities.
Project Management Areas of Expertise
* Market Research & Analysis
* Project Consultation & Initiation
* Project Planning, Scheduling, Implementation
* Budgeting and Cost Analysis
* Financial Reporting
* Vendor Sourcing
* High Profile Negotiations
* Procurement Contract
* Mobilization Management
* Problem Solving
* Quality Assurance
* Decision Making/Analysis
* Inventory & Pricing Strategy
* Staff Development & Training
* Team Leader
Clinical Engineering Equipment Expertise
* Heart lung machines
* Anesthesia machines
* OR Equipment/Monitors
* Ventilators Adult/infant
* Respiratory care equipment
* IV therapy equipment
* Dental and ENT units
* Video Endoscopy
* Surgical Laparoscopy Systems
* Neonatal and Pediatric ICU equipment
* Audiology Equipment
* Sound Proof Room Audio Both
Project Consultants Canada Pres.
* Involved in Project Planning, implementation, and initiations
* Involved in Project Budgeting and Cost Analysis
* Staff Development and a Team Leader
* Involved in Negotiating New Projects
* Involved in Assist Management Implementation
* Maximo Asset Management Application Implementation at CSB Communications System Branch City of Winnipeg
* System Configuration, Configured GL component, Created GL components, GL codes, and Currency codes
* Produced Organization, Calendar, Failure codes, Assigned tax type, Defined measuring units, conversions factor
* Generated Systems and Locations, Created Companies Master Records, Defined Asset Classifications, Created items Master List
* Created Store Rooms, Define locations and Inventory codes, Defined Parent Asset, Child Asset and relationships
* Defined persons group, System Access Security Level, Crated crafts, labor groups, qualifications, and labor records
* Created Job plans, Hazard plans and lockout conditions, Created Preventive Maintenance Schedule
School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science Centennial College, Toronto, Ontario
* Involved in a study to review and compare the Canadian Building Code with LEED certified buildings
* Evaluated a sample of LEED certified buildings categories in Ontario with focus on Internal Air Quality and Energy Conservations
* Involved in generating a preliminary post graduate program curriculum that addresses the needed knowledge to manage, design, build and commission sustainable intelligent green buildings.
Internal Consulting Group
Centennial College, Toronto, Ontario
* Member of the ICG executives looking after a project portfolio consisting of projects
* Directly involved in projects, meeting with potential clients and verifying their needs
* Wrote and submitted scope statements for several projects
Sandy Haven Drive, Scarborough, Ontario, MW H
Medical Equipment Planner
Comprehensive Care International, Toronto, Ontario
* Planned of new equipment, furniture and technology for health facilities. Generated equipment&;s list according to the functional program.
* Project management, needs analysis, and inventory of equipment and furniture including reuse potential analysis.
* Facilitated of user group meetings. Budget management and variance reporting as well as business case development.
* Coordinated of technical data to architects and engineers.
* Furniture and equipment standard programs. Procurement including longterm buying agreements.
* Installation, commissioning and decommissioning, and move management.
* Life cycle planning and depreciation scheduling, Training coordination.
* Completed the specification of a new assets management system that met the needs of the company and the IO Infrastructure Ontario standards.
* Completed equipment list, and the budget according to the functional program for three projects a bed mental hospital, a bed general hospital, and a cancer centre.
* Completed two SOP Standard operations procedures: a Assets Management, Database Maintenance. b On site Inventory.
Engineering Maximo System Support Manager/Engineering Supervisor
Sheraton Centre Hotel, Toronto, Ontario
* Configured, installed, and updated database clients on wireless handheld for infield associates; trained and troubleshot issues faced by the wireless hand held usage.
* Identified procedural and data related problems for follow up with corporate support team, performed system quality control, and maintained up to date system database.
* Tracked budgets on a daily basis, managed material coordination with regard to suppliers, vendors and project management.
* Team leader in energy saving innovations, research projects to save in energy conservation, saved the company $,/year.
Clinical Engineering YK Project Coordinator
SUNNYBROOK & WOMEN&;S COLLEGE HEALTH SCIENCE CENTRE, Toronto, Ontario
* Established communication with user groups and patient care managers.
* Managed vendor/Manufacturer Coordination and acquisition of resources.
* Performed risk management duties: assessment, planning, prioritization and implementation.
* Defined test methodology; determined test platforms.
* Monitored and coordinated test progress and results.
* Designed and oversaw databases for project requirements.
* Performed remediation planning, cost and human resources assessment.
* Implemented clean management and contingency planning.
* Achieved cost reduction of the YK implementation by promoting reallocation of internal resources.
Biomedical Engineering Supervisor Electromechanical section
College of Medicine and King Khalid University Hospital KKUH
* Coordinated the management of BME staff.
* Participated in the capital equipment replacement programs & modernization plans.
* Evaluated and procured new hospital equipment and maintenance of spares and consumables.
* Participated in the design, implementation, and commissioning of several ongoing hospital projects for remodeling and modernization.
* Trained the BME internship university students, supervised their educational activities and monitored their graduation research projects.
* Involved in inservice education programs for medical and nursing staff.
Expansion and remodeling of the Central Sterilization Supply Department CSSD
Project Manager of a turnkey project valued at $ million CAD
Abha University Hospital
Equivalent $ million CAD; Turnkey University hospital project. Bed
Educations And Professional Affiliations
Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
Centennial College Ontario, Canada.
B.Sc. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
Faculty of Engineering & Technology Helwan University, Egypt.
PMI, Institute of Project Management, Membership
IEE, Institute of Electrical Engineers, UK, Associate member