Resume for Terri P. for Consultant / Professional & Consulting Services in Chicago, Illinois
[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
| West Columbia Ave. | |Cell: |
|Unit E | | |
|Chicago, IL | | |
Motivated, personable business professional with over years of insurance knowledge; diplomatic and tactful with
professionals and nonprofessionals at all levels. Flexible and versatile – able to maintain a sense of humor under pressure.
Excellent communication and teambuilding skills
Respected builder and leader of customerfocused teams; instill a shared, enthusiastic commitment to customer service as a
key driver of company goal attainment. Lead by example and ensure the timely filing and payment of client’s surplus lines
taxes according to state specific policies.
Areas of Expertise
|Customer Service Management |Customer Satisfaction Enhancement|Teambuilding & Training |
|Complaint Handling & Resolution| |Marketing & Sales |
| |FrontEnd Supervision |Regulatory Compliance |
|Report Preparation |Project Management | |
Relevant Experience & Accomplishments
• Researched state insurance regulatory requirements using ISO, ODEN, Westlaw and SilverPlume
• Reduced state insurance tax account payables by over %.
• Maintained database of all tax filings submitted to state insurance departments.
• Created an access database to assist staff in the completion of affidavits and tax
• Mentored associate specialists on surplus lines tax regulations and procedures.
• Wrote, and implemented state specific procedure manuals for training new employees.
• Wrote continuing education course on Estate Planning approved by the Illinois Department of Insurance.
• Responsible for managing staff of five employees.
• Trained, supervised and evaluated staff.
• Screened applicants for employment.
• Sourcing and recruiting using job boards, social media and traditional networking.
• Identifying additional recruiting strategies.
• Prescreen potential candidates by telephone.
• Perform education and background checks on candidates.
|Keene Advisory Group |/ – Present |
Hired by an Executive Boutique search firm to handle junior recruitment job duties. Selected Contributions:
• Source qualified candidates and present information to senior recruiter.
• PreScreen phone interview with candidates before submitting to client.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for candidates and clients throughout the hiring process.
• Maintaining internal database of all capable candidates.
• Provide employment related information to interested candidates.
• Work closely with client to achieve their hiring needs.
• Maintain recruitment materials, sources and reports.
• Recreate candidate resumes to firm format for presentation to client.
• Present qualified candidates to client’s internal hiring department.
|AON Corporation, Chicago, IL |/ – / |
Client Specialist Regulatory Compliance, / /
Compliance Analyst, / – /
Licensing Coordinator, / to /
Hired as a licensing specialist and was quickly promoted to Compliance Analyst after working closely with the Compliance
Department in my every day duties as a Licensing Coordinator. Selected Contributions:
• Processed state affidavits and tax filings according to state guidelines.
• Filed monthly, quarterly and annual tax payments accurately and timely.
• Communicated with state insurance regulators on more complex placements, as well as to verify state procedures
are being followed.
• Communicated with various state surplus lines associations and department of insurance personnel to help resolve
outstanding tax and stamping fee payments.
• Worked with field office brokers to ensure compliance with state regulations
• Trained new staff on state specific procedures
• Trained new staff on creating complex tax allocations using web based application.
• Mentored new and existing team members with more complex state research inquiries.
• Assisted management with projects related to payment of outstanding taxes and fees for various states.
• Registered staff for continuing education classes, licensing courses and tests.
• Processed new and renewal license applications for + brokers.
• Maintained broker database that housed license and continuing education information.
NFC Consulting, Chicago, IL / –
Continuing Education Supervisor, / – /
Continuing Education Coordinator, / – /
Hired as a Continuing Education Coordinator and was quickly promoted to supervisor. Selected Contributions:
• Managed a team of five employees
• Trained and mentored new and existing team members.
• Ensured that employees complied with guidelines of their position.
• Coordinated insurance seminars.
• Maintained client files and databases.
• Submitted continuing education courses for approval with state insurance departments.
• Provided insurance department with class attendees to record continuing education hours.
• Assisted clients with creation, editing and submission of continuing education courses for state approval.
Education and Training
Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ / Present
Currently pursuing my Bachelors in Business Administration
Tyler School of Secretarial Sciences, Chicago, IL
Executive/Legal Secretarial Certificate
Licensed Illinois P&C Insurance Broker
Training: Completed numerous courses and seminars in general insurance practices.
Sorry but this resume is not available for download. Please choose another!