[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Robert C. G.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Proven Leadership with a Total Quality Management Style
Dynamic and accomplished Crisis Operations Management Leader with experience responding and managing emergency incidents at local, state, and regional levels; building local, state and federal customer relationships; while striving to maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness. Total Quality Management centered and team player with a skilled ability to engage, develop, and retain high level relationships and unique aptness to develop big picture solutions.
* Crisis Management
* Issue/Problem Resolution
* Bus. Continuity Planning
* General Industry Safety
* Operations Management
* Subject Matter Expertise
* Internal/External Customer
* Team Building
* Strategic Planning
* Training & Development
* Mentoring and Coaching
* Change Management
BP Gulf Coast Restoration Organization GCRO Based in Gulf Shores, AL.
Alabama Area Operations Manager December January
BP Gulf Coast Restoration Organization GCRO Alabama Area Operations Manager overseeing statewide gulf coast restoration efforts related to BP MC DeepWater Horizon Oil Disaster.
Responsible for overseeing day to day operations related to oil recovery crews over personnel involving approximately miles of beaches along the Alabama coastline as well as the BP Gulf Coast Restoration Organization Office based in Gulf Shores, Alabama. During my tenure as Area Operations Manager, the GCRO office housed over personnel that formed the Operations, Planning, Logistics, and Finance Divisions of our Alabama response. Also, held the title and functioned as Alabama Branch Director within the Incident Command System working with our U. S. Coast Guard federal response partners.
* Management team member of the BP MC DeepWater Horizon Oil Disaster Response Team
* Managed multimillion dollar budget for the Alabama GCRO effort
* Recognized by superiors for outstanding team performance during & after monthly & quarterly reports in face to face & virtual meetings across the Area of Response AOR
* Approved monthly Branch Action Plans that were core to Alabama response success
* Instrumental in team building, coaching and mentoring of staff
SWIFT WorldWide Resources July December
Planning Branch Coordinator July September
Demobilization Facilities/Properties Coordinator September December
Contracted by SWIFT in the oil disaster response BP MC DeepWater Horizon Incident. Functioned as Incident Command System ICS Planning Branch Coordinator and Demobilization Facilities Coordinator in Houma, Louisiana from July to September and as Demobilization Facilities/Properties Coordinator in New Orleans, Louisiana respectively. These positions dealt with the Louisiana parishes affected by the spill.
Planning Branch Coordinator Liaison between branch operation chiefs and the statistical data reporting on day to day operations of personnel, boats, booming material, oil recovery amounts, equipment, etc.
Demobilization Facilities/Properties Coordinator Responsible for the accountability and demobilization of various facilities and properties purchased and leased during the response. A vast number of facilities and properties were utilized in this, the largest emergency response in history.
* Member of the BP MC DeepWater Horizon Response Team
* Participated in the largest emergency response in U.S. history. One of over , responders during its peak
* Was interviewed, selected, and hired by BP to be of their fulltime State Area Operations Managers Alabama region for their Gulf Coast Restoration Organization efforts responsible for the entire Alabama Area of Response AOR
Science Applications International Corporation SAIC January thru December Senior Homeland Security Analyst
Served and led project teams that developed plans for state and local government; in order to respond to threats, intentional acts, or accidents involving Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, or high yield Explosive CBRNE materials. Prepared and assisted in preparation involving the design of objectives, scenarios, evaluation criteria, and facilitation of hazardous materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction WMD response exercises to include tabletop, command post, and fullfield technical exercises. Conducted research and analysis of Public Law, Executive Orders, Federal Regulations, plans, and guidance related to critical infrastructure protection, national homeland security, emergency preparedness, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning.
* Chosen as Subject Matter Expert for the Unified Incident Command Decision Support UICDS Project
* Chosen as Subject Matter Expert for PM Guardian Project
* Chosen as Subject Matter Expert for NIMSTAR Project Virtual Model City program
* Chosen as Subject Matter Expert for NASA&;s UNITeS Project Disaster Recovery Resilience Management
* Chosen as Subject Matter Expert for University of Southern Mississippi Stadium/Arena Vulnerability Assessment
* Chosen as Subject Matter Expert for DOT Highway Safe Quick Clearance Outreach
City of Huntsville, AL. August September
City of Huntsville Fire & Rescue Chief
Directed and managed the Fire/Rescue, Emergency Medical and Hazardous Material Response Services composed of personnel for city of approximately , citizens with a department budget exceeding $ million dollars; conducted assessment of government and industrial facilities regarding vulnerability, safety and response planning and operations; directed and managed inspection, investigations and prevention programs for city government; directed and managed training, safety, and education programs for response to emergency incidents including WMD Terrorism.
* First Fire Officer in State of Alabama to obtain Fire Officer III certification
* Received the nd largest U.S. Fire Act Grant Award in
* Selected as an honored member of International Who&;s Who of Public Service in
* Credited with being instrumental in the development and implementation of a firebased Emergency Medical System EMS service for difficult response areas in Huntsville, Alabama
Crestwood Medical Center, Huntsville, AL. March February
During firefighter career off duty days one day on/two days off, functioned as licensed Emergency Medical Technician Paramedic in the Emergency Room setting Crestwood Emergency Room March February utilizing my EMT skillsets i.e., Patient assessment & triage, patient treatment, IV therapy, dysrhythmia recognition & cardiac monitoring, along with monitor tech responsibilities of ordering tests, scans, & therapy such as lab, xrays, EKGs, CAT scans/imaging, etc. via computer.
* EMT Licensure
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support ACLS Provider
* Basic Trauma Life Support BTLS Provider
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS Provider
* CardioPulmonary Resuscitation CPR Instructor
Bachelor of Professional Studies
Fire Administration Concentration
Memphis State University
Applied Associates Degree
Fire Science Technology
Calhoun Community College
OSHA hour General Industry Safety course & currently pursuing OSHA hour General Industry Safety Course with a projected completion by October
Business Continuity Planning Professional from Disaster Recovery Institute International
Advanced Certifications in Incident Command System including ICS a, a, , , , , and b
Hazardous Materials, Advanced Incident Command, Executive Fire Officer from the National Fire Academy,
National Fire Protection Association NFPA Life Safety Code
Program Management I, II, & III. Marketing Management, Business Management, Business Development from SAIC University.
Top Secret thru
International Association of Fire Chiefs Lifetime Member
Metro Fire Chiefs&; Association, Past Executive Board Member
Alabama Association of Fire Chiefs, Past State President
National Fire Protection Association Member