• Oversee technical quality adherence to client, regulatory agency, and company requirements, performs
administrative functions such as budgeting, forecasting, and staffing. Prepares or directs the preparation
of project studies, reports, forecasts, special engineering reports and plant data book.
• Communicates effectively at all labor grades and contributes ideas that stimulate positive direction of
business line personnel.
• Recommends quality policies and programs.
• Provides technical and general supervision and administrative direction to direct reports.
• Risk Assessments are comprehensive and complete, safety practices and procedures are implemented,
and engineering design and corresponding design documentation are in compliance with project Quality
Assurance plan and procedures.
• Acts as lead quality auditor and follows up on audit findings and corrective actions.
• Assesses the ability of the suppliers to meet the quality requirements of the project.
• Maintains project QA records for all phases of the project.
• Provides mentoring and coaching to direct reports, field engineers and contract administrators.
• Ensures the establishment of a QA program in line with the functional requirements.
• Approves, prepares and conducts project QA/QC audit schedules.
• Coordinates engineering effort with Project Manager, Procurement, Construction, Startup, Environmental
Safety and Health and Project Controls when assigned.
Additional Project Responsibilities:
• Provide direction, leadership and vision for the quality program.
• Assist all Fluor QA coordinators and subcontractor’s QC representatives in understanding
implementation and scope requirements.
• Establish work routine for Fluor QA coordinators and contractor’s QC personnel.
• Provide project management with quality status, review issues, and make recommendations.
• Develop Individual Quality Plans IQPs for the contractors based on their specific scope of work.
• Assist the turnover team to ensure that TurnOverPackages TOP requirements and deliverables are
understood and met by the contractors.
• Key interface with Amgen Management, develop alignment around Amgen’s expectations and resolve
any outstanding quality issues.
• Attend prebid, preaward and QC alignment meetings with the contractors and contract administrators to
outline QC plan parameters, implementation and expectations of the contractor’s quality plan.
• Work with contract administrators to ensure implementation, inspection criteria plans and audit strategy.
• Interface with contractor’s quality representative on a regular basis, as required, ensuring that the work is
acceptable and in accordance with the specifications and quality requirements. Establishes or assists in