[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
N. Jackson Avenue
Highly motivated and creative professional with an excellent record of accomplishments
throughoutÊmy career. Solid professional backgroundÊwith excellent education credentials.
Reputation for being able to analyze the situation,Êstreamline budgets without cutting productivity,
utilize and teach proven sales training and hiringÊtechniques, prioritize and orchestrate multiple
projects, and manageÊand stimulate staff for outstanding production.
Highly motivated and creative Sales and Marketing professional seeks Regional Sales, Marketing, &
Training position that offers recognition and opportunities based on performance.
Skills & Professional Profile
• Strategic & Tactical Sales and Market Planning
• Territory Management & Growth
• Prospecting & Business Development
• Staff Mentoring, Training and Coaching
• New construction Startups and turnarounds
• Hiring, Team Building and Leadership
• Total Program Administration
• Costeffective Management
• Negotiations and Market Advertising Strategy
• Budget Control Development, and P&L Responsibility
• Creative & Resourceful Problem Solving
• OutoftheBox, Creative Marketing & Sales Management
• Visionary leadership
Leasing, Marketing, & Advertising Manager
Horizon Management Services, Madison, WI
Provide executive leadership inÊcorporate sales and marketing divisionÊfor independent senior
apartment properties. ÊHire and train property management and sales/leasing staff. Manage all new
construction beginning with groundbreaking in areas of hiring, training, marketing, leasing, and
advertising. Develop and hold P&L leasing and marketing budgets for properties, plus two in the
construction phase. Direct sales and new business development functions, customer relationship
development,Êcontract advertising, and event negotiations. Provide crossfunctional team training,
coaching and mentoring. Design, implement and adjust various sales plans, programs, brochures,
and support material to ensure highest occupancy. Orchestrate community events and hire
• Reduced marketing expenses by % in first year; reduced the expenses an additional %
the second and third years.
• Maintained high occupancy companywide even with global economic recession.
• Negotiated + advertising contracts and + musician and vendor contracts each year to
ensure namebranding and community awareness for all properties and new construction.
• Created a more responsive and marketdriven organization resulting in increased sales to
maintain and exceed occupancy.
• Filled : senior apartment buildings in record time; months depending upon geographic
location during global economic recession.
• Developed and trained staff on several successful new strategic, creative methods and
closing techniques for sales and leasing.
• Instrumental inÊturnaround of underperforming sales team and resident managers; set
higher expectations and instituted individual accountability resulting in % revenue increase
Sunwest Retirement, Salem, OR
Undergoing complete renovation throughout the entire CCRC building, I accelerated company growth
through community outreach, business development, public speaking for businesses and
organizations, planned,Êorganized, and hostedÊcity events.
• OrchestratedÊand facilitated citywide Western Days Event.Ê Coordinated efforts with the
city and community, generated interest, recruited volunteers. The event was held at the
CCRC and adjacent streets.Ê Results: revitalized city and community awareness, increased
CCRC occupancy.Ê We estimated about , people attended.
• Presented to businesses and organizations various topics:Ê Estate Planning, Staging, Making
a Life Change, Health Change Awareness, When is Assisted Living the Right Move For You.
• Taught staff how to give a good tour and close the sale.Ê Promoted overnight visits for
prospects to solidify leasing sale decision.
Leasing and Marketing Manager
Holiday Retirement, Inc., Salem, Oregon
Holiday Retirement has over Êindependent senior living communities across the United States
providing a luxurious, worryfree, allinclusive lifestyle to seniors. I headed up the leasing and
marketing for troubled buildings with low occupancy issues, prepared event budgets, trainedÊstaff on
leasing and closing techniques,Êmanaged and launchedÊoutofthebox marketingÊmethods to
increase occupancy and awareness.Ê Traveled. Also promoted new construction occupancy in other
• Increased leasing censusÊof a year old troubled community from % to % occupancy
in four months.
• Created public awareness of multiple retirement facilities by creative and innovative
advertising, marketing, community outreach, businesstobusiness contact and development,
presentation engagements, andÊhosted groups of at the buildings
• Planned and implemented a ReGrand Opening. Brought in chefs from other states, recruited
volunteers, hired entertainment, secured city and state political speakers for the program,
negotiated prices, prepared budget, and delegated duties. Oversaw entire operation.Ê
Results:Ê Increased public awareness and branding; raised occupancy by % that day;
received free onsite press coverage from newspaper publications and television. Increased
• Increased occupancy in a new building to % in months
• Gave presentations for hospitals, Discharge Planners, Social Worker Conference, senior
centers, senior events, business groups, Chamber of Commerce events.
Outside Sales Representative
One Source Imaging, Eau Claire, WI
Sold remanufactured and OEM ink and toner for printers and copiers.Ê Businesstobusiness contact.
Gave presentations to large corporations, wrote proposals, secured their business, provided regular
followedup to solidify and promote new business. Increased referral base. Traveled extensively from
• Became in Sales after months, and held that position.
• Secured oneyear contracts with large corporations within my first months of sales.
• Demonstrated outstanding closure skills and customer followup through increased sales and
profits every month.
• Increased business referrals by %.
Additional Management Work History
• Substantially improved productivity results in all positions with noticeable improvements the
• Trained sales representatives at DeVry on effective trial closes and final sales closure
• Doubled school enrollment in first year using effective leadership, and trained employees how
to interview, close a sale, and provide consistent followup
• Tripled the dentist office patient caseload in months
Winona State University, Winona, MN
• Cumulative GPA: .
M.S. PreK School Counseling & Teacher Certification
University of Wisconsin Stout, Menomonie, WI
• Cumulative GPA:Ê .
B.S. Vocational Rehabilitation Sept. – Dec.