Fashion Administration Assistant Childrensalon Ltd November
Summary of responsibilities:
• I started as a stock assistant, picking and packing orders and getting to know the products that we sold and learning
how the stock was controlled from delivery to storage in the warehouse. I still get involved with order packing during
busy holiday periods.
• I then moved into customer service for a brief period of training which enabled me to help our global customer base.
This involved answering the phones, answering emails and answering our ‘Live Chat’ service with our customers. The
skills I learned here also included creating sales orders, taking payments, reserving orders and changing orders on the
request of the customer.
• I had expressed an interest to be involved with the buying team, so the company enabled me to do some admin work
for them. This included completing competitive shop reports, preparing the buying spreadsheet before appointments,
raising purchase orders for repeat orders and attending trade fairs to meet with suppliers and scout out new products for
the shop and website. I was then also put in charge of supplier returns which involved working closely with the buying
team to discuss any issues, and maintaining rapport with suppliers to address these issues and authorise the return of
• I work two days a week in the stand alone shop, which means I get to interact face to face with our customers and
understand their needs and the needs of children. I learned about shop stock control, producing the end of day reports,
the visual merchandising aspect and customer service from a different view point to being at the head office.
Understanding the needs of the customers helped me report back to the buying team about what product ranges might
be worthwhile looking into if there was a high demand for something that we didn’t sell.
• I have now moved into the Copywriting team, and do this full time at head office. I write the descriptions of all the
products using the ‘Childrensalon’ voice, which takes a lot of understanding of the brand and the values we have. I also
categorise the products on the website and list the information such as fibre content and wash care instructions. This
also involves working closely with the buying team as I have to approach each product with a complete understanding
of why our buyers have picked that piece, and why it would be something our customers would like. It is very fast
paced, and I enjoy working to meet the targets set. We stock over different brands, so I found it was the best way
of seeing a large portion of what stock was being delivered into our warehouse.
Customer Service Manager Intimates Lingerie LLP July
Summary of responsibilitiesAfter Promotion:
• Brand Manager for Hanro of Switzerland and the Maryan Beachwear Group
• Liaising with Buyers, setting up appointments, presenting the new products and writing orders
• First point of contact for customer queries by phone and through email
• Attending monthly sales meetings, where I was responsible for collating all the weekly sell through reports for our
wholesale brands to present to the directors and discuss with them
• Attending product collection meetings, partaking in workshops and staff incentive programmes, in the London office
• Organising and managing the stands at trade shows, staff rotas, appointment diaries and sample presentation.
• Inputting orders to the manufacturers on in house databases on behalf of the customers
• Pushing sales to reach targets and meeting deadlines for orders and cut off dates
• Store visits to assess stock, organise facings and product presentation on the shop floor, and sales team liason
• Maintaining excellent customer service
Sales Office Assistant
Summary of responsibilitiesInitial Job Role: