[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Summary of Qualifications
Passionate and actionfocused Information Risk Management and Security executive who has:
* years of extensive experience in information security and strategic planning along with operational execution.
* Proven ability to manage, motivate, and lead innovative professionals.
* Adept at crisis management, trouble shooting, problem solving and negotiating.
Information Protection Risk Management Leader Present
Target Minneapolis, MN
* Within my first days, I reduced the potential annual loss of $.m to an acceptable level.
* Within the first days, I influenced an enterprise mature process by incorporating new, more specific and focused information security practices, which have reduced the risk loss from a potential $.m to an acceptable level.
* Developed the process to identify and report on Key Risk Indicators for the enterprise.
* Key information security leader within the Healthcare Security forum.
Adjunct, Information and Network Security Present
St. Mary&;s University Minneapolis, MN
* Developed and implemented a new information security track within the undergraduate program.
* Developed and in the process of rolling out a new information security graduate program scheduled for initial classes in the fall of .
* Adjunct for precertification of Certified Information Systems Security Professional and Certified Information Security Manager.
* Adjunct in the Master&;s of Telecommunication program.
* Adjunct in the Information Technology Undergraduate program.
Information Risk Management Consultant Present
Independent Consultant Seattle, WA
* Providing guidance on Payment Card Industry PCI compliance.
* Conducting PCI assessments.
* Provided guidance on HIPAA security practices and recommendations for controls.
* Developing risk management strategies for clients.
* Performing risk analysis on IT systems and applications.
* Providing roadmaps for information security policy development.
Adjunct, Faculty, Information and Network Security
ITT Technical Institute Seattle, WA
* Adjunct within the Information Systems and Network Security program.
* Adjunct within the Information Risk Management program.
Deputy Chief Information Security Officer
Director, Information Security Assessment and Mitigation
Providence Health and Services Seattle, WA
* The Office of Civil Rights recognized my program as a `worldclass&; risk management program, which allowed the organization to selfmonitor itself, saving the organization over $m over a two year period.
* Successfully managed a $ million budget.
* Directly managed nine personnel with a complete team of personnel.
* Director of PCIDSS Compliance Program for an $billion nonprofit organization.
* Developed and implemented the PCIDSS Compliance program.
* Overall responsible for conducting security risk assessments for five regions, hospitals, over facilities, and over , employees.
* Created the vendor compliance program that increased the overall security of the organization by %.
* Reduced organizations overall risk level by % within days.
* Created the Enterprise Risk Management methodology lifecycle.
* Developed and implemented the enterprise security risk management strategy and methodology based on ISO /, FISMA, and NIST Risk Management Models.
* Director of Physical Security for Headquarters location.
Senior Information Protection Risk Consultant
Global Network and Telecommunications Manager
Global Network Operations Center Team Lead
Medtronic, Inc. Fridley, MN
* Directly managed eight personnel with a complete team of personnel.
* PCI DSS manager for a $billion organization.
* Created and conducted PCIDSS security assessments for the entire organization.
* Decreased the cost for PCI compliance by $million dollars annually.
* Researched and developed a recurring charge backs model for all M/A/C. This increased revenue from $.million to $.million annually.
* Successfully managed $million budget while meeting monthly forecasting predictions.
* Recommended and negotiated the successful renewal technology contract that is providing an annual savings of over $million.
* Researched and developed a recurring charge backs model for all Moves/Adds/Changes. This increased revenue from $.million to $.million annually.
* Integrated two separate teams into one efficient and effective group, increasing resolution and response times from % to % within a day period.
* Discovered discrepancies within our invoices and produced a net savings of $, for the organization.
Information Technology PreSales Consultant
BanKoe Companies Bloomington, MN
* Designed, sold, and deployed a $, network upgrade to an independent school district.
Information Technology Consultant
McLeodUSA Sioux Falls, SD
* Designed, sold, and deployed a $, network upgrade solution to a local government agency.
Captain, Signal Corps
Rifle Platoon Leader
* Managed a $ million annual budget.
* Maintained highlevel of readiness posture for global deployments in support of Combat Arms units.
* Trained personnel for combat maneuvers.
* Responsible for personnel and family members.
* Diffused a highly antagonistic military encounter, avoided shots being fired, casualties, and an international incident.
* Handpicked by the Assistant Division Support Commander to be the first platoon to deploy into the Former Yugoslavia Republic of Macedonia.
* Secured catastrophic airplane crash site in hostile region.
MS, Telecommunication, St. Mary&;s University, Minneapolis MN
BS, Education, Dakota State University, Madison, SD
BS, Military, ROTC, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP
Certified Information Security Manager CISM
Information Security Management System Lead Auditor for ISO/IEC :
Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP
Cisco Certified Design Professional CCDP
ITIL Foundations Certificate
CISM Training Director, ISACA Puget Sound Chapter for FY.
"Designing Effective Enterprise Risk Management", ISSA Journal, March
"Why Obtain Security Certifications", ISSA Journal, July