• Providing leadership and coaching to store managers and influenced + sales staff to
achieve the area’s financial objectives sales budget of £m and delivered £k profit.
• Effective and enthusiastic communication throughout area of performance measures,
goals, targets to drive excellence and commitment at Area Meetings and on branch visits.
• Top Comparative Sales increase on the company in .
• Top Area Manager from in comparative sales increases over “Back to School” period
years running in /.
• Coordinated extensive shop refit programme in over branches, including opening of
prestigious Bluewater branch and merging of adjoining K and Clark shops in Bromley.
• Implemented an effective succession plan through developing and recruiting managers in
line with Retail HR strategy and providing successful candidates for Regional needs.
• Ensured consistent delivery of the retail strategy in customer service, visuals and
operational standards, with branches reaching the National finals of Visual Competition.
Branch Manager Oxford Street Flagship store £.m turnover. Feb to April
• Recruitment and management of staff including training, reviews and motivation.
• Developing a commercially minded management team through objective setting and
• Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and liaising with merchandisers to maximise
sales potential developing a range in line with market.
• Implementing effective security and stock control systems, which resulted in excellent
stocktake results on different occasions.
• Grew sales from £.m to £.m and changed from unprofitable branch to one generating
£k in contribution, achieved best sales and profit density across Company estate.
• Best Store Manager in Southern Region shops for , and .
• Developed persons to management positions from shop team, responsible for Company
trainee placements in Oxford Street.
• Secondment to work on a crossfunctional project in the Far East in ; Hong Kong,
Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand.
• Represented field operations on monthly Mens’ range planning committee for years, at
• Set up a new separate satellite warehouse facility in Barking to assist stock replenishment
to Oxford Street shops.