[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Janay E. R.
South Butler Avenue, Indianapolis, IN Home Cell
Sales Administrative Customer Service Human Resources Supervision
Highly motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic and productive professional with more than years of experience within diverse industry categories. Team leader with proven ability to meet customer needs, resolve issues, and achieve sales goals. Accustomed to working in a fastpaced environment and successfully handling several responsibilities smoothly.
Skills and Qualifications
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent management and coaching skills
* Strong planning and analytical skills
* Effective sales and marketing skills
* Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written
* Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Talbots Circle Center Mall Indianapolis, IN
Recruited to company to lead a $ million store. Supervised all operations, including: sales objectives, human resources, payroll, store presentation, inventory control, building maintenance, and corporate communication
* Utilized strong professional communication skills, both interpersonal and written, on a consistent basis
* Analyzed business reports regularly to make changes that positively impacted business
* Led staff with a high level of integrity and enthusiasm which motivated team to exceed goals
* Developed motivational strategies to maintain a teamoriented environment and excellent customer service
* Effectively recruited, hired, trained, developed, coached and dismissed employees
* Managed performance counseling issues to maximize individual and team performance
* Created weekly employee incentives to raise individual and store productivity
* Proposed and carried out disciplinary actions as necessary to maintain professional business standards
* Utilized strong organizational skills to produce an efficiently run business
* Reached out to community partners to help drive business and attract new customers to brand
* Managed operational budget with payroll, store operations and inventory control
Parisian Saks, Inc. Fashion Mall Indianapolis, IN
Supervised various departments by providing leadership, motivation, training and communication. Managed merchandise inventory to adhere to strict visual standards.
+ Grew and maintained a Men&;s Department business of $+ million
+ Grew and maintained Misses Moderate Sportswear, Women&;s Special Sizes, Juniors, Coats, and Swim businesses totaling $.+ million
+ Analyzed, reacted and executed business strategies by partnering with associates, senior management, buyers and vendors to achieve daily sales goals
+ Mentored two sales associates for management positions in and
+ Utilized Parisian PointofView Customer Service standards to train and monitor associate customerservice performance to increase mystery shop scores
L.S. Ayres May Co. Castleton Square Mall Indianapolis, IN
Recruited from college to manage various departments. Coached, trained, and energized associates in a positive salesoriented environment. Also responsible for planning, monitoring and reacting to customer situations throughout store on a daily basis.
+ Grew and maintained a Jewelry, Handbags and Accessories business of $. million
+ Promoted to manage a Better Sportswear and Petites business of $.+ million
+ Interviewed job candidates and partnered with Human Resources to recommend applicants for hiring.
+ Maintained the company&;s strict merchandise presentation standards by coaching and training staff Reduced inventory shortage by % in compared to last year on appropriate principles
Awards and Honors
Zero Customer Complaints Talbots
Sales Manager of the Month Parisian Jan. and May
Department Manager of the Year Parisian
Sales Manager of the Year L.S. Ayres
Training and Education
Certification: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Mind Leaders Art of the Sale Sales Training, Talbots Coach to Win Employee Development, Parisian Dimensional Management Training Improving Results through People, L.S. Ayres Executive Management Training L.S. Ayres BA, Purdue University West Lafayette, IN Dec.
Dress for Success, Indianapolis nonprofit agency