[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
th Ave SE Bellevue, WA
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Exceptional Merchandising and Marketing Leader with over years of diversified experience for well recognized brands in Retail, Catalog, E Commerce, and Wholesale divisions including several Fortune corporations. Proven ability to manage merchandise for multimillion dollar volumes with full P&L responsibility up to $mm. Demonstrated skill in researching, identifying, and success in executing new categories in large retail formats outside of core expectations to the consumer while exceeding corporate expectations. Passionate leader, self motivated, highly capable of training, evaluating and motivating large and successful teams with a hands on and can do attitude. Strong communication, presentation, and reporting skills with people of all roles. Reputation for identifying and maximizing business opportunities within company, customer focus, and vendor relations. Adept at negotiations with decision makers at many levels. Intelligent, articulate and driven to succeed. Areas of expertise include:
* Strategic Planning
* Financial Planning and Analysis
* Building Relationships
* MultiChannel Sales
* Product Development
* Business Development
* Store Planning and Operations
* Assortment Planning
* Overseas Sourcing
* Inventory Management
* Logistics Internal/External
* Exceptional Presentation Skills
* System Research and Testing
INDEPENDENT RETAIL CONSULTANT
Fry Retail Consulting for Mervyns
Senior Retail Consultant
* Strategize with client target market, identify top categories, assist in designing website, marketing strategy for launch and to work with vendors to negotiate terms.
* Customize a supplier agreement to customer&;s needs.
* Set up a onboarding process from supplier to provider including systems, data, specific skus, packing list, delivery
options, end user issues, etc.
* Outline top categories to launch per phase, identify vendors to onboard, negotiate terms, select skus, and price merchandise.
Frontgate Catalog, Cincinnati, Ohio
Consulting Outdoor Merchandising Manager
* Evaluate current vendors and negotiate all new terms including sourcing, design, transportation and pricing
increased margin points in subcategories by %
* Expedited a drop ship program that fits the customer&;s needs as well as internal strategies.
* Set up financial plans for new distribution of catalog and strategy for go to market online, including outside
advertising collateral including national newspapers and Skymall.
* Built , sq ft showroom for magazine photographers and catalog photo shoots.
Quantisense, Atlanta, Georgia
Senior Retail Consultant
* Gather requirements, identify analytic and module needs using Business Intelligence best practice that relates
specific to the retailer&;s store format and needs.
* Product strategy, evaluation, testing, and implementation as an end user for highest revenue return.
* Go to market strategy and execution based on subject matter expertise
* Retailers included Meijer, Hallmark, Men&;s Warehouse, Restoration Hardware, Spencer&;s Gifts, KB Toys,
Burlington, Casual Male, Guitar Center; all different retail formats and end user capacities.
Blair Catalog, Warren, Pennsylvania
* Given days to build aggressive plan for seasons including trend and market analysis, negotiating in setting up
new vendors, seasonal budgets, product selection, implementation strategy, and catalog/web lay out.
Hallmark Cards, Kansas City, Missouri
Consulting Merchandise Director, Hallmark Direct Online and Catalog
* Personally built an aggressive month plan that identified strategy to execute seasonal and holiday trends,
develop and execute % new product within live floral, gift, and gourmet food categories and % overall MMU
with $mm in revenue for online and catalog business. This included setting up drop ship program for new categories to Hallmark.com
* Established new creative layout and visual in catalog placement to drive increase in sales and target markets outside
of corporate loyalty programs while maintaining branding requirements.
* Implemented drop ship program to lower merchandise ownership by % and achieving margin expectations.
Angela P. Page Two
The Home Depot, Atlanta, Georgia
Merchandise Manager Ecommerce and Catalog for Home Merchandise
Accountable for buyers and responsible for setting merchandising strategy and objectives for multiple categories of merchandise and $mm sales plan. Responsible for the financial performance of the business including setting sales targets, pricing strategies, sourcing product, identifying trends and new décor focus. Accountable for business performance review, supplier negotiations, operational plans for major categories, supplier management strategy and rationalizing suppliers to meet business needs.
* Successfully added over new drop ship vendors.
* Margin increase in all departments varying from %
* Exceeded sales plan by %
* Added consumer electronics with $mm in first quarter launch.
* Effected catalog with sales increase from $. per book to $. with higher density and less mailing
* Key member of team throughout acquisition process of Home Decorator&;s Collection
FURNITURE BRANDS INTERNATIONAL, Atlanta, Georgia
Merchandise Manager, Home Accessories for Lane Furniture
Accountable for accessory product selection and purchasing for stores and , galleries. Successfully negotiated pricing, delivery, and pro prietary product develop ment to ensure organizational sales and profit margins were met/ exceeded. Interfaced closely with store and gallery owners to plan product selection based on needs and clientele.
* Secured new accounts exceeding company sales growth history through internal drop ship program.
* Slashed shipping terms through savvy negotiations to realize % margin increase.
* Gained additional orders through the Lane Accessories Program capturing a % sales increase.
* Instrumental in the opening of new stores, actively involved in planning out the new logistics for region specific purchasing.
SIERRA TRADING POST CATALOG, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Buyer, Catalog and Ecommerce of Off Price Merchandise
Bought women&;s apparel, shoes and home merchandise for $ million company selling branded merchandise with nationwide client base. Oversaw $ million worth of merchandising buying and $ million worth of sales. Directed final production of catalogs of total pages per year. Managed product assortments for catalogs and website. Negotiated product terms and pricing. Traveled to meet with vendors in markets such as New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Dallas. Delivered marketing and sales presentations of competitive advantages to designers. Evaluated vendor scalability. Represented merchandise in cooperation with photographer and stylist. Wrote merchandising copy. Researched markets to improve buying and enhance client base. Forecasted sales and margins to support strategic business planning. Final approval of merchandising standards of product in catalog format.
* Obtained over targeted vendors versus company expectation of .
* Consistently achieved department increases of % to % throughout tenure.
* Established home furnishings department and trained new buyer in division.
* Key role on committee to implement new buying computer systems
Angela P. Page Three
TOMMY BAHAMA, Seattle, Washington
Performed buying for stores and $ million worth of sales. Added new product lines to enhance department performance. Selected new products at gift shows and furniture markets. Key role in product development from creation to packaging and labels. Developed home merchandise for retail and wholesale in cooperation with internal design team. Defined department subcategories. Directed merchandise flow to stores. Created shipping logistics guidelines for warehouse and vendors. Devised strategies to dispose of nonproductive inventory. Met with store management nationwide. Oversaw all product data sent to stores, including maps, merchandising techniques, and volume expectations. Forecasted annual volume for company owners. Researched market areas.
* Solely responsible for financial and seasonal budget planning for home furnishings department.
* Deployed weekly sales reports, Excel spreadsheets, and margin analysis forms
LAMONTS Department Store, Kirkland, Washington
Associate Buyer Kids, Menswear, and home
Maintained $ million volume responsibility. Selected assortments, negotiated prices, and planned/allocated merchandise for individual store locations. Analyzed opentobuy, gross margins, markdown, vendor turns/margins, and profitability reports. Negotiated margin and markdown dollars. In charge of EDI replenishment and SKU assortment. Developed coop opportunities with vendors. Reviewed and approved newspaper and television copy. Planned and forecasted annual volume. Reviewed gross margins with vendor management. Initiated new vendor relationships. Traveled to various markets. Oversaw administrative functions of clerical assistant.
* Handselected as advertising coordinator for boys&;/men&;s departments.
* Implemented quarterly planograms for stores and visual merchandisers.
* Selected as special department buyer for YK merchandise for all store areas, with $ million in volume.
GAP KIDS, Seattle/Bellevue/Redmond, Washington
Assistant Store Manager
Troubleshooter and turned around underachieving store locations with sales of up to $ million. Hired, trained, evaluated, and led store employee teams of up to . Reduced
* Key role in opening of prestigious new center store. Exceeded annual sales goal in months by %
EXPRESS, Lafayette, Louisiana, Seattle, Washington
Oversaw entire store inventory, merchandising, sales, operations, and personnel team of up to for $ million location. Developed and deployed policies.
* Achieved top sales ranking among more than stores with sales increase of %
Margo&;s, Beaumont, Texas
* Promoted to store manager after months of training, sales increase of % and shrink reduction of %
Nordstroms, Bellevue, Washington
* Successfully completed training program and employed throughout high school and college.
Angela P. Page Four
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Business Management & Fashion Merchandising, Lamar University, Beaumont, TX
General Studies, Bellevue Community College, Bellevue, WA
Business Marketing, University of Phoenix, Bellevue, WA
Fashion Group International
Consumer Electronics Association
Junior League of Seattle and Atlanta
Home Furnishings Business Board
Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority
Microsoft Office and Windows, Power Point, Photoshop, IBM&;s Query Management Facility QMF and Websphere platform, Arthur Works, Retail Pro, Big Hammer, Ephiphany, OMS, Broadvision, Commercialware, Ecommetry, Coremetrics