[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
Current Address: Kincora Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin
Date of Birth: //
I am doing a degree in Retail. My areas of interest vary from household to furniture and fashion from clothes to shoes, handbags, etc. I have a natural ability for choosing colour and style and see how things fit together. I love to see stock well displayed, tidy and well cocoordinated. I have a pedantic eye for detail whether it be in how goods are displayed or how well organised rails and shelves are kept. I am taking a degree in Retail to give me the qualifications I need to develop an exciting career in this area, which has long been my aspiration.
Sept Present Dublin Institute of Technology, Aungier St, Dublin .
B.Sc. in Retail and Services Management:
This degree covers core business areas such as Finance, Marketing, Business Law, Economics, Management, Information Systems and HR. While concentrating on these core business areas, the degree focuses on the retail and services practices with modules such as Retail Management, Management of Services and Retail Information Technology.
Holy Faith Secondary School, Clontarf, Dublin .
Honours: English A, Business Studies A, Geography C, Home Economics B.
Ordinary: Maths A , Irish B, French B.
School Prefect in th Year.
October Present Okaidi, Arnotts Department Store, Dublin .
Okaidi is a children&;s clothing brand that is part of the ID group, originating in France. This international brand retails a high quality line of fashionable clothing that is popular with children and parents alike.
* Assisting customers in their purchasing decisions with my knowledge of the brand and its collections. This is particularly important in children&;s clothing.
* Sourcing the correct size of clothing for customers which can include ordering items from another store.
* Managing the till in the shop. This includes taking cash, credit, cheque and voucher payments, as well as opening and closing the till.
* Managing deliveries and organising the stock room accordingly.
* Implementing new stock within the store. This has given me valuable experience in visual merchandising.
February October Cakes and Co, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
Cakes and Co. is high end cake business specialising in wedding and novelty cakes. The staff work closely with customers to create a cake suitable for their requirements. Initially I sourced the business and approached the owner to ask for the opportunity to do work experience there as part of my Transition Year programme. When the period of work experience was finished the owner asked me to take a part time job working Saturdays and on weekdays during school holidays. I did this for most of .
* Taking cash, cheques and credit cards.
* The appearance of the store which included window displays, indoor displays and the general cleanliness of the store.
* Helping customers to form a cake suitable for their occasion.
* Managing stock levels within the store.
* Assisting in the creation of cake designs.
September present Child Minder.
* Child minder for families in my local area, for children ranging from three years to eleven years.
* Responsibilities include helping them with their homework, preparing their meals and training them in the use of computers and sports, particularly basketball.
* Put children to bed and monitor them regularly.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS
* Very good knowledge of computers, received the European Computers Driving Licence Certificate ECDL.
* Proficient in the use of all Microsoft programmes: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and Access.
* Familiar with the use of cash registers and credit and debit card machines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels of an organisation.
HOBBIES & ACHIEVEMENTS:
* Keen interest in fashion and keeping uptodate with current trends.
* Received awards and medals in basketball.
* Bronze, Silver and Gold swimming badges.
* Assistant hockey coach .
* Hockey defender of the year .
* Hockey runnerup North Dublin League .
* Received medals for cookery and sewing.
* School Class Prefect.
* Class representative for first year at DIT.
* Presentation award for Transition Year portfolio .
* Keen interest in soccer, supporter of Manchester United.
Elsa Cullen, Manager, Okaidi, Arnotts Department Store, Dublin . Tel: .
Ms. Deirdre Gogarty, Principal, Holy Faith Secondary School, Clontarf, Dublin . Tel: