[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
|Gilbert S. |
| Irish Woods Circle, Davenport, IA .., cell .. |
Planning & Allocation Executive with the skills and experience in inventory management,
customer order fill rates, and service level metrics to meet a company’s objectives. Proven
problem solver, developing and implementing forecast, planning and allocation strategies to
effectively optimize inventory performance. Energetic selfstarter with excellent analytical,
creative, communication, and organizational skills. Core competencies include:
|Forecasting |Sales, Operations Planning |OTB Process |
|Customer Focus | |International Logistics’ |
|Margin/Profit Dynamics |System Technology |Project Management |
|Assortment Planning |Process Improvement |Strategic Planning |
|Planning & Allocation |Multichannel sales |Supply Chain Optimization |
AREAS OF EXPERTISE AND RESULTS:
• An ability to understand, coordinate, and simplify complex forecasting, planning and allocation
systems and business processes, resulting in % % increases in customer order fill rates,
% reductions in inventory, and %+ increase in return on inventory investment.
• Collaborative, cross functional projects ranging from planning and allocation, customer data
analysis, distribution, to sales and operation planning. Results include successful
implementation of forecasting, replenishment software in six firms JDA/E, Inforem,
Rockysoft , building customer database analytics, to opening a , sq. ft. retail
• Planning and allocation experience includes men’s and women apparel, Hba/Otc, hardlines,
automotive parts, housewares, seasonal commodities, pet accessories, consumables to high
end luxury products.
GCS Consulting Davenport, IA. / –present
Consultant developing forecast, planning & allocation strategies in the functional areas of inventory
management, purchasing and related cash flow projections.
• Created, managing forecasting, inventory, planning, allocation, purchasing models and related
cash flow requirements to support new product and customer introduction for ecigarette
• %+ order fill rates, . inventory turns, and $ mil. Sales, in st year of introduction, as
result of providing week “rolling” inventory forecast, planning and allocation strategy, largest
customers WalMart and Sam’s Club.
TSC Global, LLC Barjan, LLC Rock Island, IL / /
Vice President, Supply Chain
Worldwide, custom distributor supplying electronics, auto accessories, chemicals, stationery, and men’s
/women apparel to the travel stop, entertainment mass merchandiser industry; annual sales of $+ mil.;
Responsible for the effective forecasting, inventory management, and logistics’ of the company,
leading and developing a staff of associates.
• $. mil. inventory reduction achieved through Rockysoft forecasting/replenishment software,
at the customer/sku level, integrating business process definition for weekly versus monthly
planning, seasonality with related customer performance tracking metrics.
• Project leader for assortment rationalization modeling including sales, margin, inventory
analysis at the customer/door count level to determine category/sku profitability, by customer,
resulting in reduced active assortments from , skus to , skus over years.
• % increase in customer order unit and line fill rates over a month period through training
staff on replenishment and inventory planning/allocation techniques.
• %+ promotional/event order fill rates by developing and implementing sales/operation
planning processes, at the customer/sku level, including weekly inventory planning and
allocation status updates; scheduled twice monthly meetings reviewing current status and
• Developed, implemented, seasonal merchandise processes for key fall/winter product
categories. Established preseasonal and inseason planning processes, with weekly
reforecast, to insure inventory allocation alignment with rate of sale and end of season
• Created, managed analysis for cash flow and production capacity constraints, by vendor,
related to inventory, planning and allocation models in order to optimize customer order fill
Lenox Group, Inc. Bristol, PA. / /
Vice President Inventory Management and Planning
Luxury tableware/giftware company; retail division consisting of stores in three formats; distribution
facilities, total company sales $ mil; retail store, catalog, direct mail ecommerce annual sales $ mil;
Managed a staff of associates, overseeing the collaborative forecasting, planning, allocation and global
replenishment of retail stores, ecommerce, catalog, direct mail inventories to both distribution centers and
• $. million reduction in customer back orders for direct to consumer channels, reducing back
orders from % of sales to % of monthly sales through refined forecasting and sell through
rate analysis to optimize sales and inventory sell through.
• % improvement of retail store level in stock, increasing inventory turns by % through
implementation of forecast, planning, allocation software, at the store/sku level, incorporating
seasonality, geographic selling and pattern/location/sku models to control inventory levels.
• $. million inventory reduction of excess/discontinued inventory in three months through
the implementation of price elasticity models and store sku sales history to determine optimal
market pricing and store inventory allocation to insure sellthrough.
Petco Animal Supplies Inc. San Diego, CA. /
Vice President, Inventory Management
Pet food/accessory nationwide retailer; stores; national distribution facilities; regional food distribution
centers; Annual sales $. bill.; , employees
Directed staff of associates with accountability for corporate inventory planning, forecasting, and
purchasing for retail stores, ecommerce inventory to both distribution centers and retail facilities.
• %+ store level in stock, with .% comp store sales growth, opening new store locations
by introducing seasonality, inventory allocation concepts.
• .+ inventory turns, average inventory of $ million, while reducing per store average
inventory by .% with store sku assortments increasing .%
• Implemented open to buy, inventory metric reporting, and sales/inventory planning for sales
departments, cross functionally managing the process and implementation for + associates
World Kitchen Inc. Reston, VA. //
Director, Planning & Allocation
Multichannel manufacturer of Corelle, Corningware; retail channel consisting of stores; distribution
facility; Annual sales $ mil with retail division sales of $ mil; employees
• Increased store instock from % to % over nine months while supporting a % comp
store growth by redesigning, implementing planning and allocation systems modifications to
account for seasonality, sku classification, sales trends and improved allocation of inventory by
• Developed Access databases to aggregate store, sku level unique sales patterns to provide
retail division inventory requirements to wholesale production planning.
• Led project team in the pl supported site location for a dedicated retail distribution facility,
total project time nine months to full operation merging World Kitchen and outside vendor
product to meet the retail specific business needs.
Factory Motor Parts Company Eagan, MN //
General Mgr., Inventory Management
Automotive parts wholesale distributor; warehouse locations; Annual sales $ mil; + employees
• $ mil. reduction in inventory achieved through revised purchasing policies and modifications
to the forecasting/replenishment systems
• Developed, implemented formal purchasing organization including job functions, performance
metrics, sales/inventory budgets, and category management practices in months
• Developed and implemented store assortment processes, for all locations, using Polk vehicle
population data, customizing assortments by location based on vehicle population in the
demographic area for each location.