[var] => content
[type] => preview
[var] => cut_url
KELLY S. H.
Fredericksburg, Virginia Day/Evening
Self motivated and business oriented professional with over years of operational and administrative Human Resources experience within the food service industry. Effectively communicates across all levels of employee staff, management and senior leadership, as well as external vendors and customers. Experience in dealing with various aspects of human resources as it pertains to employee orientation, professional development, conflict resolution and matters requiring sensitive yet tactful discussions. Manages and administers organizational policies and directives, audit reports, as well as vendor contracts and billing statements.
SODEXO CAMPUS SERVICES //Present
RESIDENT DINING DIRECTOR
* Manages over employees, and three supervisors to ensure nutritional needs are met for over students in a continuous dining operation with annual sales of $. million dollars.
* Primary account trainer to over employees for orientation and unit&;s weekly safety trainings with signatures of participants for documentation; onboarding facilitator, includes recruiting fairs to screen and select potential candidates and providing new hire&;s guidance in completion of paperwork and explanation of employment policies & procedures, interprets company policies and training to suit particular needs; detailed reviewer of new hire forms to ensure accuracy, completeness and employment adherence to compliances are met, and have trained comanagement in this task.
* Adept in employee relations in workplace grievances and coaching for performance issues; consults with corporate Human Resources on complex matters, provides employee tutorials for selection of various benefits programs through online network access and researching of additional information or comparable benefits to assist employees in benefits decisions; gives instructions to employees for filing of FMLA form or other documents.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, the internet and facsimile/copier to prepare varied numeric reports, graphics, analyses, narrative reports and other documents; utilize web services to update the applicant flow chart and has trained and delegated maintaining the chart to others; performs administrative tasks through ADP to process new hires, termination of employment, layoffs, pay rate changes, evaluations and bonuses, reassignments and calculation of length of service; expert in Labor Management Systems LMS.
* Fulfills monthly audits inspection forms for safety compliances for my manager&;s signature and delegates this task to others; ensures monthly rotation of forms is filed accurately and appropriate forms out of date are purged.
* Communicates with onsite maintenance for emergency equipment malfunctions, oncampus security for emergency and nonemergency situations, speaking to vendors for information about product or equipment needs or issues and sometimes explaining exact needs of account and providing instructions on service calls for technicians; greets students, faculty and staff on a daily basis and visiting prospective students and families and explains the setup of the various dining facilities and payment procedures for access.
Collects information from claimants as it relates to alleged safety incidents to submit potential claim forms for both internal and external customers and providing them with claim numbers for follow up; contacting customer to ensure they have been contacted by claims department and have trained other managers to perform this task.
KELLY S. H.
Boca Raton, FL
* Supervised employees to ensure product standards were in compliance with franchise regulations for a $ million dollar quick service restaurant.
* Training and or retraining of procedures to establish consistencies in product development in the form of product recipe cards, videos and real examples; reviewing employee files to update and maintain training records; prescreened potential candidates and completed employeeon boarding processes.
* Communicated with vendors for procurement of supplies or services and computer generated payments for vendors billing and processed inhouse payroll for employees; performed web transmission of weekly sales.
* Scheduled according to generated sales goals and readjusted schedule as needed.
* Assured customer complaints were handled promptly and effectively. As the senior manager I needed to be certain the end result of my interaction with the customer was positive at all costs, actively listening to ascertain the best method to clarify the situation.
ARAMARK CAMPUS SERVICES //
* Directed operational leadership for three retail accounts to establish and maintain standardized compliances and build and support customer service expectations.
* Prescreened and oriented new hires and provided instructional training to explain procedures for marketing campaigns and trainings for employee development.
* Interacted with customers in person, over the phone, through email and facsimile to set up orders, answered questions and resolved issues to maintain positive repeat business.
* Analysis of weekly sales before electronic transmittals, entered invoices billing, scheduling, cash audits and payroll activities.
* Spearheaded safety shoe compliance for account through vendor&;s mobile shoe service.
MORRISON HEALTHCARE SERVICES Compass Group //
* Supervised retail operations in a high volume collective bargaining account with annual sales of $ million dollars.
* Lead premeal meetings to communicate operational expectations, menu specials and promotions.
* Interviewed prospective new hires to refer to hospital&;s human resources for background checks and employment processing.
* Scheduled supervisors and cashiers through hospital&;s web systems and performed maintenance and updates of electronic Point of Sales pos through Horizon Software and trained comanager to perform these tasks.
* Trained frontline employees in customer service and food safety; ensured compliance to company policies and procedures.
* Auditing of cash tills and direct observation of cashiers to guarantee best practice.
KELLY S. H.
SODEXO CAMPUS SERVICES //
* Managed campus dining operations for a $. million dollar account.
* Participated in talent acquisition events; screened, interviewed, hired and completed onboarding of new employees; executed orientation and food & physical safety training to over employees.
* Skilled in Labor Management Systems LMS for scheduling and taught other managers.
* Exercised tact in coaching and counseling employees; demonstrated great rapport with students, faculty and staff; liaise with business partners and vendors.
* Horizon Software troubleshooter for unit.
* Computed payroll records and performed other Human Resources related functions.
SODEXO CAMPUS SERVICES //
CAMPUS DINING RETAIL MANAGER
* Oversaw retail dining operations in a campus environment.
* Trained in and implemented Sodexo Labor Management Systems now LMS for the unit.
* Computed payroll records and other administrative functions.
* Coached and counseled employees and provided training and development.
* Verified franchise compliances and procedures were achieved through direct observation and followup.
SODEXO CORPORATE SERVICES //
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES
* Administered leadership in a busy café/retail operation with onsite day care.
* Leading unit trainer with demonstrated ability to initiate companywide food & physical safety trainings and sole unit&;s marketing specialist.
* Effectively scheduled, maintained attendance records; coached and counseled employees.
* Competently analyzed weekly operating reports WOR and input budget figures and other financial data before sending weekly electronic transmissions to corporate office.
* Communicated with vendors and interacted with client.
SODEXO CORPORATE SERVICES Summer
* Entrusted to multifinancial transactions and sensitive information in an administrative capacity.
* Performed audits and billing.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION Expected Winter HUMAN RESOURCES Strayer University Fredericksburg, VA
BACHELOR OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES June
HOTEL & RESTAURANT ADMINISTRATION Old Westbury, NY
New York Institute of Technology